PDA

View Full Version : custom exhaust

tony k
18-08-08, 09:20 PM
wheres a good place too get a exhust made for my let nova. dont wanna go powerflow as dont like there work. as seen and heard other peoples words as wanna run a 3 inch pipe all the way through.whats a good price on one made up.dont want nothing fancy just a simple one made up no chav ***t

Sturge
18-08-08, 09:25 PM
Depends on your budget, you get what you pay for! BTB, Simpson, Magnex.....

davehaynes
18-08-08, 09:25 PM
get some scaffolding and get bending

tony k
18-08-08, 09:28 PM
[quote=davehaynes]get some scaffolding and get bending[/quote ]

id better start eating some spinnage lol

Nick J
18-08-08, 10:00 PM
Tony.... Go to these guys you wont find much better and they have plenty of experience with novas too! :)

http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/

tony k
18-08-08, 10:09 PM
Tony.... Go to these guys you wont find much better and they have plenty of experience with novas too! :)

thanks for the link nick but its a tad too far for me its nearly 200 miles from me plus i dont fancy towing my car up there all that way but i will email them and see what they say

dan16v
18-08-08, 10:49 PM
Worth travelling to get a decent job imo! to many cowboys about! 3" straight through is also not to loud! stealth systems done myne was about £700 i think.

Sturge
18-08-08, 10:54 PM
Just out of interest I assume you're running well in excess of 300bhp to require 3" pipe? Otherwise you're both wasting time and losing power

dan16v
19-08-08, 09:48 AM
Dont see how he will be losing power?
Not realy wasted cash either as he may not be running 300+ now but it leaves scope for future upgrades etc.

GDN16v
19-08-08, 12:25 PM
BTB exhaust are very good, but you pay for what you get! Excellent quality!:thumb:

joff-turbo-nova
19-08-08, 12:53 PM

Would recommend JP in Macclesfield as there work is top notch.

Had my exhaust on now 11 years and the only problems have been a cracked weld around the mid box - which I sorted out with some extra welding when I was rebuilding the nova.

They will do any spec you want really from 2"-4" and a myriad of tailpipe options.

Not cheap but you pay for what you get.

Joff

Sturge
19-08-08, 01:15 PM
Dont see how he will be losing power?
Not realy wasted cash either as he may not be running 300+ now but it leaves scope for future upgrades etc.

Bigger pipe gives lower gas pressure and hence lower speed, go too low and the gas doesn't draw out as well = loss in power! Didn't realise when I posted it was for a turbo so admittedly not as critical and yeah will leave scope for upgrades, but fluid flow principles still apply. 2.5" is good for 300 brake

C14se
19-08-08, 01:22 PM
mt dad had a 2" made for his Xe and it Sounded nice i will find out who made his for him i no it cost him about £400

tony k
19-08-08, 02:49 PM
im gonna pop down to pipecraft in basildon essex,was speaking to my mate today he had is cossie done there said there really good down there.plus just waitng for jp to get back to my email i sent them,but thanks for the info aswell guys keep them coming
cheers

dan16v
19-08-08, 02:52 PM
Bigger pipe gives lower gas pressure and hence lower speed, go too low and the gas doesn't draw out as well = loss in power! Didn't realise when I posted it was for a turbo so admittedly not as critical and yeah will leave scope for upgrades, but fluid flow principles still apply. 2.5" is good for 300 brake

Yes for forced induction, so less back pressure the better to allow turbo to spool.

Sturge
19-08-08, 05:01 PM
you can still go too big with forced induction

Rick Draper
19-08-08, 05:16 PM
Would recommend JP in Macclesfield as there work is top notch.

Had my exhaust on now 11 years and the only problems have been a cracked weld around the mid box - which I sorted out with some extra welding when I was rebuilding the nova.

They will do any spec you want really from 2"-4" and a myriad of tailpipe options.

Not cheap but you pay for what you get.

Joff

I believe they will not do anything larger than a 2.5" on a nova now from what i have been told.

dan16v
19-08-08, 09:01 PM
you can still go too big with forced induction

yup, but in this case 3" isnt to larger dia for the engine.

Sturge
19-08-08, 09:46 PM
Just thought I'd point it out for anyone reading who was thinking 'oh great, i'm off to steal a sewer pipe for an exhaust' :D

dan16v
19-08-08, 09:48 PM
at least sewer pipe would be cheaplol

brainsnova
19-08-08, 09:49 PM
my mate bought a mk3 astra with a scaffold pipe welded in no backbox lol lol lol

Benn
19-08-08, 10:51 PM
Shame stealth dont do it anymore, they built my system and its still perfect after 7years..