PDA

View Full Version : arch mods?

jon_boy
10-10-02, 07:18 PM
i have a mk1 nova lowered on GSI 16V shocks and springs. wot work will i need to do to fit my nice new 17's. cheers, jon boy

mowgli
10-10-02, 09:11 PM
how big are they then?????????????????????????????????

ie. tyre size

Just use a grinder round the rear arch lips, and paint the bare metal.

ade
11-10-02, 10:54 PM
if its 17's (providing you have the right et offset) youll at least need to drind/roll the arche lip. You'll prob need to modify the arch aswell - make it woder slightly.

You'll also need to check clearence on the inside of the body also - make sure its not rubbing on the suspension posts/back of the inner arch.

It all depends on the rubbers you use, et, your car (some arches need hardly any modding where others need lots - my 15's for example just fit and my new rubbers I got for the drivers side buff the tyre wall on the arch inner lip!)

Alex
11-10-02, 11:19 PM
you definately needs arch mods. Start with cutting off the lip and going from there. My 15" alloys needed extensice arch work, but the car is slammed and the wheels ahve an offset of 40

jon_boy
12-10-02, 12:25 PM
cant find the offset written on the wheel anywhere and got em second hand so i didnt choose if ya know wot i mean. and the tires are 40's. im looking for a wide arch kit anyway so would it save time to just wait till i get that then put the weels on rather than paying to get the arches done then getting rid of em neway? so would a wide arch kit solve my problem? cheers, jon