PDA

View Full Version : Heart stopped beting (momentarily)

craig green
18-08-08, 01:57 PM
I came out of Sainsbury's earlier & had to do my best attempt at not bumping into my 1st (ex) girlfriend.

For me it was a really hard break up. first real girlfriend & best part of 5 years we were together for. I havent really seen her since we finished which went towards making the whole 'getting over it' thing a lot harder for me. Allied with the fact she seemed to find someone else almost straight away (on holiday) after we ended just made me feel crap at the time.
She changed universities & moved up to Leeds to live with this new guy.

So 5 years or so later, I finally clap eyes on her again. She was holding a child (I heard she'd had) & was still looking the same.

Now I've got that horrible empty feeling inside me & my mind just keeps wandering back to Sainsbury's earlier. :( Damn.

brainsnova
18-08-08, 02:01 PM
sorry to hear that mate but increase the love for novas this should help

craig green
18-08-08, 02:04 PM
Yeah mine is actually 2 headlamps off passing its MOT after a lengthy build so I should be happy, funnily enough my Nova reminds me of her at times anyway. I've had it that long...

Lauren
18-08-08, 02:16 PM
I think most of us have been there. And you always seem to bump into them when they are either looking great or with their new partner and you're looking like sh*t. Or both. lol

GDN16v
18-08-08, 02:22 PM
Forget about it! Eaasier said than done i know, but if you think about it to much it'll eat you up and you'll mull over it for longer than you need to!:thumb:

Plenty more fish and all that crap!!!lol:cool:

mowgli
18-08-08, 02:46 PM
remember the reason you split up, that should help you.

An old girlfriend got in touch with me via Fiendsreunited, & she was all lovey dovey, so I reminded her why I chucked her, she was shagging someone else at a party when she should have actually been going out with me on my birthday..... that stopped the flashbacks & emails pretty damned quick.....

Lauren
18-08-08, 03:03 PM
remember the reason you split up, that should help you.

An old girlfriend got in touch with me via Fiendsreunited, & she was all lovey dovey, so I reminded her why I chucked her, she was shagging someone else at a party when she should have actually been going out with me on my birthday..... that stopped the flashbacks & emails pretty damned quick.....

Ha - that's almost exactly what my ex did. He came back from Australia for a couple of weeks and spent the night at a mates party trying to get me into bed - completley ignoring my boyfriend in the same room and forgetting that I found out he was sleeping with a 'mate' of mine.

craig green
18-08-08, 03:08 PM
I think most of us have been there. And you always seem to bump into them when they are either looking great or with their new partner and you're looking like sh*t. Or both. lol

Thats the trouble, its been 5 years & I never have bumped into her, seeing as she is now living 300 miles away or so in Leeds.

Forget about it! Eaasier said than done i know, but if you think about it to much it'll eat you up and you'll mull over it for longer than you need to!:thumb:

Plenty more fish and all that crap!!!lol:cool:

Plenty more fish I know, I caught one about 4 years ago. lol

If my current GF read this read I'd be thinking about 2 ex's. :roll:

Lauren
18-08-08, 03:11 PM
So concentrate on the one you've got. There is a reason why you are with her and not your ex. :)

craig green
18-08-08, 03:13 PM
Aye; you arent wrong.

She's been away for the weekend, back tonight so I'm sure shell be shown the attention she deserves. :D

joeSRI
18-08-08, 03:17 PM
Did you sayin anythin to her?

Lauren
18-08-08, 03:17 PM
Aye; you arent wrong.

She's been away for the weekend, back tonight so I'm sure shell be shown the attention she deserves. :D

lol
Remember nice guys finish last...

Andy_L
18-08-08, 03:21 PM
I'd have a word with your heart, it's you head that should be betting!

Seriously though you found it hard probably still do, happens to lots of people, don't beat yourself up over it.

dhdev (Oli)
18-08-08, 03:48 PM
lol
Remember nice guys finish last...

i thought it was a race :(

craig green
18-08-08, 04:00 PM
Did you sayin anythin to her?

God No! I probably wouldnt be able to speak properly. Almost felt like a mild anxiety attack as I got in the car.

I'm certainly not beating myself up over it, but I guess it was such an unlikely thing to happen after all this time. Unexpected shall we say?

Lauren I always finsih last, usually by hand!

mayhem
18-08-08, 04:02 PM

that always happens.. about 1 month after the break-up i saw my ex with her new boyfriend holding hands while crossing the street.. a real good mate of mine who know how diffecult the break up was for me..

the never seen a XE nova coming by so fast, in the rev limiter and crazy wheelspin lol

he's not my mate anymore haha (Although there not together anymore)

mowgli
18-08-08, 04:25 PM
You could try the old 'remember that ex I told you about? well I saw her in the street, shes a mum now......'
this gives her opportunity to get a mental picture of Michelle McManus or Kerry Katona with a tribe of screaming brats, & she will be happy.
then let her lead with the conversation, & remember- just because it isn't true doesn't mean its a lie...

craig green
18-08-08, 04:45 PM
You could try the old 'remember that ex I told you about? well I saw her in the street, shes a mum now......'...

My GF knows all about her, they were in the same year at school.

mowgli
18-08-08, 04:51 PM
My GF knows all about her, they were in the same year at school.
in that case, keep schtum about it for life

Alex.
18-08-08, 04:54 PM
This is the reason I don't date people who live within a 10 mile radious. lol
Although one of my ex's sister works in Bonmarche in Bridgwater. She looks at me if I look in as if to say "I know you". Joy.

Just focus how happy you are with your current who is a lovely girl (which you already know). And like someone said, focus on the reason you broke up. :thumb:

FUSION X16XE
18-08-08, 05:04 PM
I know exactly how you feel Craig, theres not a day that passes that i dont miss my ex and the worst thing is shes with a right cnut! I just lost it one night when he drove past my house and did some stupid stuff! defo didnt help the situation lol This i were i would normally say go out and get urself another girl but in the 2 years i havent been with her every bird i meet i find myself comparing to her and its just not the same.

Go get yourself some decks lol you know you want to, itll make you feel better, works for me.

Alex.
18-08-08, 05:08 PM
If I'm 100% honest I don't think you ever get over the first person you loved. I know a lot of people who haven't.

large_steve182
18-08-08, 05:12 PM
^^
has a point

mowgli
18-08-08, 05:17 PM
I never got over my first love, she wouldn't let me!!

people are a lot more emotional these days...my missus is always banging on about how she doesn't know why I'm still with her etc etc... I know that she just needs reassurance, so I tell her that if I left, I'd have to have the kids on my own for weekends & holidays, & thats never going to happen.

Lauren
18-08-08, 05:36 PM
I never got over my first love, she wouldn't let me!!

people are a lot more emotional these days...my missus is always banging on about how she doesn't know why I'm still with her etc etc... I know that she just needs reassurance, so I tell her that if I left, I'd have to have the kids on my own for weekends & holidays, & thats never going to happen.

lol
I don't know why people are like that. I know a few people that need constant reassurance, yet if you didn't want to be with someone surely you would leave them?!

mowgli
18-08-08, 05:49 PM
lol
I don't know why people are like that. I know a few people that need constant reassurance, yet if you didn't want to be with someone surely you would leave them?!

the threat of her having the kids on her own for the week is enough to shut her up.

Dod
19-08-08, 10:06 AM
LOL, my ex used to get drunk on a night out and stary Crying and repeat, "I'm ugly, nobody likes me...." which was far from the truth but it happened once to often and I replied "Aye, no one likes you at all, and you are Ugly" walked away and came back and told her "And you're ****ing fat as well". She never did it again. lol

Welsh Dan
19-08-08, 10:36 AM
Dod the charmer.

Rickyb
19-08-08, 12:02 PM
lol@dod

craig green
19-08-08, 12:20 PM
If I'm 100% honest I don't think you ever get over the first person you loved. I know a lot of people who haven't.

Thats utterly true, you never get over your first - it just gets easier.

Lauren
19-08-08, 12:24 PM

I can safely say I'm well and truly over my first - he was a complete tit.

Breeny
19-08-08, 12:29 PM
ooooo women are all evil!

wisewood
19-08-08, 12:30 PM

Rubbish.

mayhem
19-08-08, 11:29 PM
i ahve no problem with running into #1.. #3 is the one who still has a place in my hart.

boyle_46
19-08-08, 11:35 PM
mehh tis Shat mate , my ex has recently started talking to me again , the bitch broke my heart sh4gged what i thought was my best mate , altho after her doing that i get all funked up and miss her dammit , no point in saying dontmlet it annoy you as it cleary wont stop it , i just took it on the chin also havent seen the fella in a few months .

Saloony
19-08-08, 11:36 PM
Hmmm.. know what you mean fella, i see my 1st about once every 2months (we go out to the pub, and when shes been drinking the saucy texts start, but lives with some dude).. i would get back with her quite easily, my 1st long term i was with her 5yrs, but i got over it and see her still but its her that still holds the tourch, the most recent i fell for in a big way and cocked me up a bit, but luckily i have quite a hardened attitude to life so pulled out of it, more pressing issues to concern myself with. I would get back with the 1st and most recent but goes againsl my rule 'your ex is your ex for a damn good reason'.

Lauren
20-08-08, 07:24 AM
Thats true. If you break up with someone, that should be it. I know so many people that are still in touch with their exs and I don't think that ever really ends it for them, they are either still sleeping together or one of them still loves the other.

Alex.
20-08-08, 09:52 AM
See I can't talk to exs. As we either end up arguing or we end up being friendly. And I do just mean friendly, not anything else. Which confuses me. So I don't talk to exs and I doubt I ever will. Yes it's sad that once it's over it's over, but talking to them just make it more difficult because you end up talking about their new relationship or the way things used to be. Never good topics. lol

Dod
20-08-08, 10:04 AM
I only speak to 1 ex, my first true love and its taken years to get to this point but its actually very very cool. We agreed not to meet as it'd mess things up but as it is, its class.

Lauren
20-08-08, 10:11 AM
See I can't talk to exs. As we either end up arguing or we end up being friendly. And I do just mean friendly, not anything else. Which confuses me. So I don't talk to exs and I doubt I ever will. Yes it's sad that once it's over it's over, but talking to them just make it more difficult because you end up talking about their new relationship or the way things used to be. Never good topics. lol

Ooooo no I tried the keeping in touch with exs thing, and we always ended up getting more than a little friendly, so I just avoid them altogether.

burgo
20-08-08, 10:12 AM
i still talk to my ex and its probably not a good thing as it doesnt help getting over her at all

Alex.
20-08-08, 10:12 AM
Burgo my lovely you are in the wars a bit aren't you? :(

burgo
20-08-08, 10:15 AM
me....na ive still got my loons. cant drive them or afford to do anything with them but i can look at them :)

Dod
20-08-08, 10:22 AM
LOL, want a lend of a private Rally Stage? lol

burgo
20-08-08, 10:32 AM
LOL, want a lend of a private Rally Stage? lolsounds like a plan to me :thumb::thumb:

mayhem
20-08-08, 11:10 AM
Ooooo no I tried the keeping in touch with exs thing, and we always ended up getting more than a little friendly, so I just avoid them altogether.

i have 1 ex who i still talk to, were good friends. a relationship didnt work, but as friends we go along great. and i dont really mis her, but last time whe'd meet up we ended up kissing and alllol

mowgli
20-08-08, 11:18 AM
I have had another one try to get in touch with me via fiends reunited.. I am a bit worried cos she has mentioned meeting for a drink, which is odd, cos when we were in the sixth year (20 odd years ago) she wouldn't drink, except when we spiked her pop.. she also mentioned that she does martial arts & is divorced.... I have decided not to meet up.... my life has far too much stress already... I'm trying to get my nova on the road before my 40th birthday to avert a midlife crisis

Dod
20-08-08, 11:19 AM
we ended up kissing and alllol
And all eh? lol

mowgli
20-08-08, 11:21 AM
And all eh? lol

photo's?

Dod
20-08-08, 11:26 AM
Video clips?

Lynsey
20-08-08, 11:47 AM
I was with my ex for four years. We lived together, the lot. We had some extreeeemely difficult situations to overcome :( I think we're better off apart.

We both have new partners now and I'm really, really happy with Dougster :D. I do see him and his new GF around but I'm just glad they're happy together, it's actually strange that it doesn't feel strange.

It isn't fair on current/ future partners to judge them against your exs. You have to remember why you split and just let go.

Oh and guys, telling your new GF that your ex was a nymph is a BAD idea!

Dod
20-08-08, 11:52 AM

It isn't fair on current/ future partners to judge them against your exs. You have to remember why you split and just let go.

I agree totally but I still do it. I weigh every one of my GFs past and present against my first true love and noe come close, but when I think back, it wasnt all Sunshine and flowers but an absolute Nightmare, mental abuse, constant rowing etc. but I prefer thinking of her in the postivae sense.

mayhem
20-08-08, 11:52 AM
And all eh? lol

the best part... she already had a boyfriend, and there still together

muwhahaha:cool:

Lynsey
20-08-08, 11:56 AM
LMAO @ Mayhem... Taking one for the team eh?

Dod, I think we all forget the bad stuff, just remember the sun doesn't shine out of their **** or you'd still be with him/ her.

Dod
20-08-08, 11:57 AM
Exactly. But its nice to look back and think about how great things were. Its my happy place. :D

burgo
20-08-08, 11:57 AM
LMAO @ Mayhem... Taking one for the team eh?

Dod, I think we all forget the bad stuff, just remember the sun doesn't shine out of their **** or you'd still be with him/ her.not necessarily true. what if they split with you

Lauren
20-08-08, 11:58 AM
Better not let your missus see this Dod!

Dod
20-08-08, 12:00 PM
/\ lol

Lynsey
20-08-08, 12:00 PM
OK, if their sphincter does open to let the sun shine through, you must have been a complete tango-whisky-alpha-tango to them, and don't deserve to be happy.

All circumstances are different but either way you have to just let go. It won't do you any good.

burgo
20-08-08, 12:03 PM
OK, if their sphincter does open to let the sun shine through, you must have been a complete tango-whisky-alpha-tango to them, and don't deserve to be happy.

All circumstances are different but either way you have to just let go. It won't do you any good.thats also not true. some people just aren't compatible. we still love each other but dont work as a couple. its no ones fault

mowgli
20-08-08, 12:14 PM
constant rowing

you should have kept it up, you could have been at beijing

Dod
20-08-08, 12:19 PM
you should have kept it up, you could have been at beijing

Arf arf arf, piss off!! lol

tony k
20-08-08, 01:57 PM
I came out of Sainsbury's earlier & had to do my best attempt at not bumping into my 1st (ex) girlfriend.

For me it was a really hard break up. first real girlfriend & best part of 5 years we were together for. I havent really seen her since we finished which went towards making the whole 'getting over it' thing a lot harder for me. Allied with the fact she seemed to find someone else almost straight away (on holiday) after we ended just made me feel crap at the time.
She changed universities & moved up to Leeds to live with this new guy.

So 5 years or so later, I finally clap eyes on her again. She was holding a child (I heard she'd had) & was still looking the same.

Now I've got that horrible empty feeling inside me & my mind just keeps wandering back to Sainsbury's earlier. :( Damn.

they way i got over mine was a good holiday with me mates,i just thought its her loss at the end of the day,i know its hard when it first happens but all youve gotta remember is the show must go on,and in other terms **** them:thumb:

Alex.
20-08-08, 04:46 PM
we still love each other

Please tell me she's not telling you that?

mowgli
20-08-08, 05:42 PM
some people just aren't compatible.

we still love each other but dont work as a couple.

its no ones fault

if you say that you'll remain friends, I might have to get some air

burgo
20-08-08, 11:12 PM
Please tell me she's not telling you that?yes and she tells me she wishes she hadnt ended it

mayhem
20-08-08, 11:28 PM
and why arent you talking things over, sorting out the issues, and all?

my ex was like ; shut up, i dont want to talk to you and blablablabla.. and after that i had a 1 night stand with some girl, and she started texting me that she just started thinking of getting back together and all (this is after the guy she crossed the street with, holding hands (few posts back)) and that i've ruined that blablabla.

some girls are f'ing weird.. and i am to couse she's still in my head now and then

burgo
20-08-08, 11:38 PM
because it didnt work. we split and got back together to give it another go but it was the same so split again

mayhem
20-08-08, 11:42 PM
that sucks..

i guess the best is to keep some distance.. not see eachother for a while. although the feeling stays i guess..

craig green
20-08-08, 11:43 PM
because it didnt work. we split and got back together to give it another go but it was the same so split again

Never go back if you keep splitting up. Somethings blatantly not right...

burgo
20-08-08, 11:44 PM
it does suck! but its better to realise its not working and split on good terms than keep at it and end up hating each other

burgo
20-08-08, 11:45 PM
Never go back if you keep splitting up. Somethings blatantly not right...we only got back together the once

meritlover
21-08-08, 07:52 AM
if the child is 6 then be worried, if not, be glad. spend all your love on your nova. A nova will never break your heart.

Alex.
21-08-08, 07:55 AM
yes and she tells me she wishes she hadnt ended it

Is she with someone?
Girls are such b!tches, they use the whole "Oh I love you and I don't know why we ended it" because they need to know someone will still be there to run to if worse comes to worse. They keep a bloke hanging on by one toe. I'm suprised she didn't tell you she thought she might be pregnant just after you broke up. (Btw, this doesn't apply to all women, just quite a few) lol

burgo
21-08-08, 08:17 AM
no shes not with anyone else and shes not told me thats shes pregnant but there was a rumour that was the case a couple of months ago lol. she says shes not tho

Lauren
21-08-08, 09:00 AM
Is she with someone?
Girls are such b!tches, they use the whole "Oh I love you and I don't know why we ended it" because they need to know someone will still be there to run to if worse comes to worse. They keep a bloke hanging on by one toe. I'm suprised she didn't tell you she thought she might be pregnant just after you broke up. (Btw, this doesn't apply to all women, just quite a few) lol

Haha, I know a few women like that. And a few men though, to be fair. Obviously excluding the pregnancy part lol

Tilly
22-08-08, 12:29 PM
ooooo women are all evil!

*cough* some are

Jack
23-08-08, 03:32 PM
I sure as hell don't miss my first gf - she's married with a kid now. We're still on talking terms though.

I think the only ones I miss are #4, #6 and #8 - although I wouldn't get back with any of them. #3 I had a run in again just before I started seeing Alex. She turned to drugs a while back, and although she's been clean for years, I realised she's not what I wanted. #6 would have been perfect except she turned into a religious freak, didn't end too well. #8, everything was fine until she ran off with a bloke she worked with - we stayed friends for just long enough for me to get to hear all about it then she disappeared and I've never heard from her since. Last I heard she was planning a marriage and kids etc with new bloke (literally a week after we'd broken up). Looking back, I realised I'm better off without her.

I guess I don't miss any of my ex's because I'm always the one doing the dumping, aside from two - one was the aforementioned #8, and also #7 where we split amicably (i.e. she was boffing her ex, and I couldn't be bothered with it anyway lol).

Relationships generally suck lol