PDA

View Full Version : XE reving

hendrix
18-08-08, 12:54 PM
Recently rebuilt the xe and finally got it installed and running in the nova. However the revs seem to sit constantly at around 2000rpm when running.
I did have the tps out of the throttle body at one point, maybe its something to do with that??
Cheers in advance:thumb:

Lee H
18-08-08, 01:04 PM
As its a dizzy one the TPS is adjustable so you may have fitted it in the wrong place.

craig green
18-08-08, 02:00 PM
Just check the inlet tract for any leaks also (carb cleaner is most effective) & you could also try checking the ICV (squeeze the pipes).

The TPS should click just as the throttle flap begins to move, obviously the butterfly, linkage & return springs etc all need to be nicely clean so it all settles back into the idle position nicely before setting the TPS in this position.

Adam
18-08-08, 03:58 PM
Aye, air leak or icv problem id say.
But Kieth had a similar problem on his let, and it was his tps/tps wiring.

hendrix
18-08-08, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, will have a look tomorrow when I next get chance to be in the garage.
iirc the pipe to the sfi box from the icv looked like it had seen better days.
Also that damn fuel tank vent valve (think thats it) thing may have wormed its way out of being connected to the inlet.
Sorry you can tell I'm a complete n00b at big block lol

hendrix
20-08-08, 11:14 AM
Was the tps.
It wasn't clicking as the throttle opened so moved it slightly and now when you start it, it revs at about 1250rpm. I haven't run it for more than a few seconds though as it developed a major fuel leak. I'm guessing it will sit at those revs for 10 or 15 seconds then drop to idle. Atleast thats what the missus xe used to do I think.