PDA

View Full Version : M+S Pricks

Andy
18-08-08, 12:12 PM
My insurance on my nova is with M+S and just recently i put a 1300 Belmont engine in my car.At first they said "yeah thats absolutely fine theres no extra on your policy (:wtf:) and you send your old certificate and recieve a new one"
Friday i get another call asking the car it came out of.Friday afternoon they ask for an engineers report which is swiftly faxed over.Today im told my insurance is cancelled as we cannot cover modifications which was never stated when i took out the insurance.Im fukcin fuming to say the least its bollox man.Ive sent the changes off to the dvla so would i be right in thinking that im better off waiting until the new v5 arrives to insure it again to prevent further bollox like this happening as that way its actually registered as a 1300 and not a "modified" 1l.I tried explaining that all the fuss is over an engine that was fitted to standard 1300 novas anyway:mad: Rant ongoing:mad:

Welsh Dan
18-08-08, 01:28 PM
It'll have to be declared as modified anyway, because its not the original engine. You can't declare it as an unmodified 1.3, because it isnt one.

Andy
18-08-08, 01:31 PM
Is that what it will be? i thought when the log book came back it would just be classed as a normal 1.3.

white2lSR
18-08-08, 02:21 PM
you may as well have put an XE in it for the price you will be paying on insurance now its a modified car lol

Andy
18-08-08, 02:23 PM
Seriously? i may well do yet if thats the case.

Andy
18-08-08, 04:03 PM
Car is getting stripped (again) and a 2l put in over the next 12months as theres only a few hundred quid difference in price from the 1300 lol Crazy is insurance

Jack
23-08-08, 03:46 PM
Modified = any extra additions/modifications that were not original spec.

So essentially, anything thats been changed on the car since it rolled off the production line is a mod - in terms of engine changes, even if its logged with the DVLA, its a modification. Technically, swapping your mild steel exhaust for a stainless one is a mod!

Andy
23-08-08, 06:44 PM
I know,i just never imagined it to go up so much from fiiting 300cc more lol
As i say to fit a valver was only a few hundred more to insure!