PDA

View Full Version : Wipers and digidash, weird problems!

Iain
18-08-08, 09:15 AM
This problem happens most times I use the wipers, but is not consistent in what happens!

Normally when turning my wipers off, or when I've just moved the stalk up without clicking it in to position 1 to turn the wipers on one once, the digidash will either: flicker the speed indicator to 0 and back again, increase the revs and drop them back to where they were, or initiate a full start up sequence again.

It seems to happen when the wipers sit back at the bottom of the windscreen, and not when I move the stalk.

I've also noticed when I turn the wipers on the dash dims somewhat, probably more than I'd expect but this may be normal.

I've tried the original stalk (Corsa ones in atm) and a new relay without success.

Any suggestions?

Welsh Dan
18-08-08, 11:34 AM
Dont drive in the rain.

It sounds like you've got a dodgy ground somewhere.

Andy
18-08-08, 12:15 PM
As above,check all the earths

Spudly
18-08-08, 12:45 PM
Mine had the same problems on my old 1.2 carb and a lad i know had similar probs with a 1.2spi neither of us ever managed to source the problem and all connections/ earths were checked on both cars, mine was only ever on intermittent setting or washing the screen, although it never did it everytime it was very hit and miss, id forget about it doing it then it would happen again to remind me.
Still dont know what caused it but i ran mine about two years and it never caused any problems other than mild annoyance tbh lol

Iain
18-08-08, 12:49 PM
At least I'm not alone, both of the cars you described above had digi dashes?

Spudly
18-08-08, 12:56 PM
Aye they did indeed and both were wired in using the old guide from nova-land when that was still around lol