PDA

View Full Version : Spray guns...

Rexy
14-08-08, 08:33 PM
I need some advice and info on a devilbiss GTi Pro, I've Used GTI's but never a pro and i need some advice on how they feel spray etc.

Any help would be good as these buggers aint cheap.

Benn
14-08-08, 08:36 PM
Best gun in the world, if i was buying my own this is what i'd buy.
Give a greay spray and very easy to set up and work with.
Easy to strip and clean too.

Rexy
14-08-08, 09:03 PM
cheers Benn, I used a sata Gun today and hated it it felt aweful but id did spray well.

I've always used Devilbiss, So i'll get a set of Base and clear guns :'( thats £500 gone

Benn
14-08-08, 09:19 PM
Yeah, my old boss will only use devilbiss, got a cheap on in and hated it so much he put it in the fire...lol

He upgraded to the pro from the gti, start with just one, now has 10. 4base, 4 lacquar, 1 water base, 1 primer..lol

lee303
14-08-08, 10:54 PM
cheers Benn, I used a sata Gun today and hated it it felt aweful but id did spray well.

I've always used Devilbiss, So i'll get a set of Base and clear guns :'( thats £500 gone

they are available for around £140 on the bay;)

Nick J
14-08-08, 11:29 PM
Yeah, my old boss will only use devilbiss, got a cheap on in and hated it so much he put it in the fire...lol

He upgraded to the pro from the gti, start with just one, now has 10. 4base, 4 lacquar, 1 water base, 1 primer..lol

Well Ive been using both makes for over 10yrs.... I currently use 3 gti's for primer,wet on wet,basecoat. The latest gti pro base is by miles the best gun I have ever used for basecoat application, However it is designed to spray just like the sata 2000 guns!! For lacqeur I use a sata 3000 as its designed to work with the ceramic lacqeurs we are now applying and as far as Im aware devilbiss dont have a suitable gun for this yet? But really across the board Id say its personal preferance and what suits the way you paint etc.

Benn
15-08-08, 12:08 AM
For lacqeur I use a sata 3000 as its designed to work with the ceramic lacqeurs we are now applying and as far as Im aware devilbiss dont have a suitable gun for this yet? .

What? Whats a ceramic lacquar?
We use normal 2pac lacquar, is fine thru the pro gun.

DaveyLC
15-08-08, 07:59 AM
I was offered GTI last year for 80 quid and being the silly silly c**t that I am I didnt bite the guys arm off!

Rexy
15-08-08, 06:37 PM
they are available for around £140 on the bay;)

Show me GTI pro for £140 and i will buy three lol...

I can get GTI's brand spanking new for £150, but these are an investment so I want the best i can afford.

:thumb:

Nick J
15-08-08, 07:42 PM
What? Whats a ceramic lacquar?
We use normal 2pac lacquar, is fine thru the pro gun.

Ben... Ceramic lacqeur is the latest type of lacqeur being used by prestige car makers such as bmw,audi,merc etc, Its being introduced slowly so not on every vehicle yet But a lot of the expensive cars (M power, bmw twintops, Audi Rs's etc) Its applied in powder form at the factory :eek: But dries and looks the same as any normal high build 2k lacqeur BUT its extremely strong,chemical resistant (to a point) and less likely to scratch or chip also excellent against bird droppings! On the down side its a real pain to flat/prep, You'll know this first time you meet this gear :eek: ! No more scotching or flatting with a grey scotch/abralons or a 1000 disc as it doesnt touch it!!! 400/500 to begin with on a da finishing with the lower grades even on blend panels, which sounds harsh I know but you have no choice or you'll be there forever! Were currently liasing with insurance companys to get the extra time needed to prep as were losing out on bonus due to the extra time were having to spend on such cars etc. The ceramic gear is also thicker and the gti's cant seem to apply it properly as we did actually try it just to see but as said previously the satas are the only gun that seem to get it on well. Hope that clues you in a bit :)

Benn
15-08-08, 08:04 PM
Ben... Ceramic lacqeur is the latest type of lacqeur being used by prestige car makers such as bmw,audi,merc etc, Its being introduced slowly so not on every vehicle yet But a lot of the expensive cars (M power, bmw twintops, Audi Rs's etc) Its applied in powder form at the factory :eek: But dries and looks the same as any normal high build 2k lacqeur BUT its extremely strong,chemical resistant (to a point) and less likely to scratch or chip also excellent against bird droppings! On the down side its a real pain to flat/prep, You'll know this first time you meet this gear :eek: ! No more scotching or flatting with a grey scotch/abralons or a 1000 disc as it doesnt touch it!!! 400/500 to begin with on a da finishing with the lower grades even on blend panels, which sounds harsh I know but you have no choice or you'll be there forever! Were currently liasing with insurance companys to get the extra time needed to prep as were losing out on bonus due to the extra time were having to spend on such cars etc. The ceramic gear is also thicker and the gti's cant seem to apply it properly as we did actually try it just to see but as said previously the satas are the only gun that seem to get it on well. Hope that clues you in a bit :)

Sounds like it sucks, think i have come a cross it before on a m5,
but dont do it anymore so i'm lucky in that way...lol

Rexy
15-08-08, 08:44 PM
I dont wana use that stuff either :( lol...

Benn
15-08-08, 09:07 PM
Just another gimmick like ceramic brakes and that.. people will get bored of it and find it brap then the next one will come out..

Rexy
15-08-08, 10:47 PM
lol, it is true tho and it will cost loads so not many people will buy and use it unless it is on high end stuff.

Benn
15-08-08, 10:50 PM
Pfft half the guys doing "high" end cars wont either...lol

Rexy
15-08-08, 11:03 PM
ha ha ha ha yupsie.