PDA

View Full Version : WHAT WHEELS??? Help Please

Paulegg
10-10-02, 09:16 AM
I am just wondering what wheels can i get on the beast (1.2 Merit)!! :o , obviously they need to be as big as possible without arch rolling. I heard 15 are the biggest, but will they go straight on? And what styles of wheels will fit? with offset 49 or woteva it was Thanx lads

JOEFISH
10-10-02, 10:09 AM
personally mate, i have 15 but they are wide so i had to trim the lip on the ardh. providing they are proper offset and width e.g 185 tyre width you'll be grand fother mucker

djp_y2k
10-10-02, 10:33 AM
There isnt really a limit to what size wheel you can put on a nova, well in reason anyway.

The biggest so far fitted to a nova are 20's. It will all depend on how much arch work you are prepared to do and how much money you are willing to spend on work and wheels.

15's are a good choice if the car is real low.

In my opinion they look stupidly small when on a car with huge jap bumpers. But look great with the gsi bumpers.

Your rear arches will most probably need rolling for an wheel 15" +.

If I were you get 16's slam it 60mm and get your arches rolled.

Ric 16v
10-10-02, 01:37 PM
I had speedline allesio 2's on mine (6.5x16", 49mm offset) and they never scrubbed the arches at all and my arches wern't even rolled or anything for them to fit !!!! I have been having problems with my 15's though !!! :evil: :evil: :evil: speedlines are around ?800 :o :o :o new from wheelbase !!!!

Nova-Flair
10-10-02, 03:57 PM
personally i like comomotive mo's u dont see that many of em on novas but they look nice

Anton
10-10-02, 09:53 PM
Ive got a drop of 60mm on a full GMAX kit. I've just put 15's (45 offset) on with 195/45 tyres. The front went on fine with no mods, the rears needed the arch lips cut, which they did at my local garage for 45 quid. They even painted it so it don't rust. Now my car looks well low! :multi:

?Marty?
11-10-02, 12:47 AM
Plus due to poor design at vauxhall, the rear beam can be out by 5mm either side (at the rear). So it may catch more on one side than on the other.

ade
11-10-02, 11:45 PM
if you want a wheel that will go on with no probs and no arch rolling at all get a set of gsi 3 spokes.

Granted theyre only 14" across but with the right fat tyres you can get the same arch filling look and for a fraction of the cost (3 spokes are around dirt cheap nowadays).

My current 15's are no bigger than my old GSi wheels height wise - just a little fatter.

If you want that close to the edge of the body work feel - simply slip in a set of spacers behind each wheel to push it out a little!

Sorted and with no arch modding, cutting, rolling etc...

Ade
:wink: