PDA

View Full Version : Digi dash help asap plz

locky
10-10-02, 07:43 AM
I got some wires left over and i aint sure wer they go

Nova loom-----black/white/green dashes

Astra loom-----green (rev counter)
blue/yellow(oil pressure)

Im not 2 sure were these wires go, i have not yet wired up the rev counter as i didnt have1 b4, and im unsure bout the wires left over
Thanx in hand

Chris_W
10-10-02, 09:51 AM
Ok,
For the rev counter you'll need to run a wire from your coil round and into the dash to connect to the green wire. For the oil pressure I think you'll need to change your sender to a 2 wire item, as a present you'll probably only have the single wire one.
As for the wire from the nova loom, I haven't got a clue, I'll try and check it out for you tonight when I get home and have my Hanyes in front of me :)

HTH
Chris

locky
10-10-02, 04:12 PM
Thanx again Chris, as for the oil pressure i do need a 2 wire item and they r 39 quid cost!!!!! so wont b havin that just yet!
Cheers,

mikeoxford
10-10-02, 09:11 PM
hi m8

your lucky!!! i got quoted 76 quid!!! i know of 2 in a scrappy, if i can have them away ill let you know

as for the wire, green white black is indicators. but it is BOTH hence the astra wire black white and black green. u dont use this wire from the nova loom as you run two wire Blackwhite and blackgreen to your indicator stalks

HTH

PS Chris, im making headway with the carpet

locky
11-10-02, 04:56 PM
Ere we go again,
indicators flash all the time really quick(left hand side) but if i pull the stork down, it goes to normal pace. If i push my stork op to indicate right, the 2 lights on the dash come on

Cant get rev counter to work also! the green wire is used for the immobiliser, but i tapped into it, and still no joy! iv tried other ports on the ignition coil 2, but no joy!

Car wont start, but turns over!

NE help appreciated
Thanx Mike and Chris
Thanx in hand

novax
15-10-02, 09:46 PM
Checkout my site below, goto Nova-X then pull down menu to Digidash. You'll need to run new wires from the indicator stalks so the arrows work correctly. Borrow an Astra Haynes manual and work from both books.

locky
15-10-02, 10:29 PM
Is this the same novax that was at pencoed college car show a few months back? with the quad conversions rear bumber?
Thanx 4 the help!

Breeny
16-10-02, 06:25 PM
We did mine using a guide from http://www.vauxnova.co.uk Wiring diagrams are all on there, if in doubt use the wiring diagrams in the astra/nova haynes manual. Arn't they a bitch to fit!! :evil:

locky
16-10-02, 10:46 PM
Ha ha ha, breeny, mine was a pain in the rear, iv sorted it all now and its all working ok, Just wanna say a BIG THANX for all of u that gave me info and help on fitting my dash!
Cheers lads

mikeoxford
16-10-02, 11:02 PM
lol at lockys post timed at 9:46

has anyone ever noticed all the problems get sorted out and all the best mods are done in the cover of darkness or late at night!!!

lmao

well best mods - fitting a bodykit and dropin in a 2ltr ent wat i meant but u get the drift :P

locky
17-10-02, 04:20 PM
Lmao, Mike iv spent many a l8 nite in my garage fatheming out probs, i remember when i was prepping my car 4 a respray, i didnt get in till bout 9-10.30, thank got its light in the summer! i started at 4.30, as soon as i got home!
I gota think of next project now, prob 16v brakes;) with steel braided hoses( i can get steel braid super cheap! )