PDA

View Full Version : bit o help please (crash)

batesy
14-08-08, 06:05 PM
my girlfriend and i have just been in a accident near my home car never stopped at lights and went into the back off us we both got out to find no damage but we both have slightly aching necks. i look in her boot when she drops me off still looks ok... she just rang me to say her boot floor on the passanger side has been shoved and there is a gap on one side off boot so gonna need to be repaired.... best thing is we both left scene without swapping details but i think i know where the person lives... do you think we could still go and get the details if we find them any help is much appreciated

thanks liam

NovaLad
14-08-08, 06:09 PM
Sorry but...

You know how this is will look?

You left the accident without swapping details then suddenly turn up on the persons door with sore necks.

They gonna think your pulling a fast 1 for some compo money lol.

Andy
14-08-08, 06:09 PM
Yeah but if they deny it ever happend your fcuked,your word against theirs.Why didnt you get the details anyway?
EDIT and if you start a claim-whos going to pay out? wont be their insurance because you didnt get the details lol

Mike
14-08-08, 06:36 PM
Youve shot yourself in the foot bud. Basically, your fcuked.

A claim will not suceed as the other party could easily deny all knowing of said accidents as you have no "real" proof it was them as no detials were swapped at the scene.

Andy
14-08-08, 06:38 PM
Basically what ive just said but in better wording,They should take note of the message under your name Mike lol lol

Mike
14-08-08, 06:41 PM
Basically what ive just said but in better wording,They should take note of the message under your name Mike lol lol

So true!!

Theres so many people making false "no win no fee" claims nowadays that everyones insurance has sky rocketed!

batesy
14-08-08, 06:59 PM
yer i was thinkin that my self but the damage doesnt look that bad there is a sllight smaller gap on one side than the other.. i dunno the correct name for this but isnt there a device or something that sits behind the back bumper to absorb a bit othe brunt just wondering cos i think thats what it is .....cheers for the help lads:thumb:

Jack
14-08-08, 07:09 PM
Crash bar, bumper reinforcer, take your pic.

You could also be done for not reporting an accident, leaving the scene etc. So best to let it go.

ade
15-08-08, 12:04 AM
just call your insurance company - say you were rear ended by a 3rd party - give them the reg details and they'll do the rest.

They'll send a letter to the insurance of the other car and it'll start the ball rolling. If they deny it then youre fecked

PEOPLE - always get the other persons details even if theres no damage. Better still call the police!

batesy
15-08-08, 10:57 PM
thanks lads for the help was pretty pissed to be honest but what can you do eh... on another not i took the back bumper off and it was the reinforcing bar and it had been shunted in a bit so have managed to knock it back out to wear you cant really see any damage my neck is funked though still aching like mad

again lads cheers:thumb:

liam

rednova
16-08-08, 01:49 PM
lesson learnt i think, id just be more aware in future to take details

lee 16v
16-08-08, 03:55 PM
i would just go over and talk to them. they might tell you to piss off then you call the old bill. you have nothing to lose have you