PDA

View Full Version : c20let in nova..?

nick_nova
14-08-08, 05:35 PM
does any1 know any garages in nottingham/derby area that can put 2.0 turbo engines in novas? ive had an xe in before and the chassis is alll seam welded with strengthening kit etc etc. im not sure if i would be able to do it my self because im going to be useing a f28 gear box and ive heard there a bugga to get in...?

Adam
14-08-08, 05:46 PM
Jnc?

C14se
14-08-08, 06:02 PM
Same as What Adam said jnc racing do it its £1500 for a xe in to a nova and £2000 for a turbo in to a nova well it was wen we got my mates track car dun OK mate

Philsutton
15-08-08, 08:44 AM
If you go down to JNC we have a GSI on the back ramp thats having a C20LET / F28 fitted at the moment so you can see whats involved.

The gearbox mount on the car will need moving and re welding as well.

Also which nova is yours as i will no doubt know it anyway.

nick_nova
15-08-08, 01:19 PM
thats where i wanted to take it but paul is taking so long with that other nova!! myn is tha black 1 with the spoiler... i had my rollcage fitted at jnc. joe gave me ur number to ask u about ur coilovers, r u selling them?

Philsutton
15-08-08, 03:12 PM
Well I will be, but im in no rush at the moment to get them off the car ect.... unless I have some other stuff to put back on it.

And yes it has taken a horrifically long time for the other one, couldnt really tell you why that is though.

nick_nova
15-08-08, 03:23 PM
its sorted now ive bin down n he says bring it on friday :)
il give u the suspension off my nova if u wish? and is there a differnce with the corsa and nova coilovers? like.. 20mm drop on corsa avos is a 30mm drop on novas?

Philsutton
15-08-08, 03:31 PM
the nova/corsa/tigra coilovers all have the same part No. so its no different really.

craig green
15-08-08, 04:34 PM
There is enough info on all the forums to do a LEt conversion yourself, even easier as yours is already a big block.

Main thing is the possible difference in wiring looms & some IC pipes etc. Plus the F28.

The Simps has done a great guide.