PDA

View Full Version : job agencys (agencies, actually)

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:26 PM
how sh-t are these people advertising jobs they ain't even got just so they can put me on the computer and never ring me with work

then when they do ring they expect you to drive 40 miles to a job that pays 5.50 a hour what a piss take

:mad: :mad: :mad:

rant over......

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:29 PM
Recruitment agencies aren't allowed to advertise positions that aren't available. But that doesn't mean the job will be available by the time you contact them about it. Nor does it mean that it will be suitable for you when you tell them you are interested in it.

If you are unable to travel that distance, tell them, and they wont contact you about work that far away, or at that rate of pay.

They can only contact you about work that they think you are suitable for.

Rant over.

Philsutton
How bad is your grammar? Very is the answer.

I wasted so much time with agencies and never got any jobs, they get all excited and spend hours on the phone giving them details and then say they have found something ideal, only for nothing to happen.

large_steve182
just sell smack. so much easier.
look how 50cent turned out

Philsutton
14-08-08, 03:32 PM
what a complete tool?

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:33 PM
I suppose it depends on the agency you register with and the type of work you are looking for. I've had a lot of experience with recruitment agencies and always found them to be a good way to find temporary and permanent work.

My new job that i start in two weeks was found through an agency, as was my previous job... and several jobs that came before that too.

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:33 PM
i have already told them i am not willing to travel that far i could but its 80 miles there and back for 45 quid screw that

wisewood were is the agency based

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:34 PM
what a complete tool?

Absolutely spot on lol

Philsutton
14-08-08, 03:35 PM
I suppose it depends on the agency you register with and the type of work you are looking for. I've had a lot of experience with recruitment agencies and always found them to be a good way to find temporary and permanent work.

My new job that i start in two weeks was found through an agency, as was my previous job... and several jobs that came before that too.

maybe so but they were crap for scientific work, my mum has been alright with getting work for a teacher though.

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:36 PM
I've had labour work, admin work, and now accounting work (which is just admin with certificates and more numbers lol). Never had any trouble.

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:37 PM
the money is so bad 6 pphr befor tax for 45 hrs a week

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:39 PM
Then don't seek employment via a third party who is taking a lump of the money that the employer is prepared to pay for an employee. Seek employment the old fashioned way... and fail to find anything any better.

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:41 PM
i have been ringing all the local gardening and landscaping companies but my type of work is really slow right now

mainly because of this depression we have found are self's in

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:43 PM
and you are asking an agency to find the same kind of work of you as you are looking for yourself without success?

Adam
14-08-08, 03:44 PM
the money is so bad 6 pphr befor tax for 45 hrs a week
I get paid less than that,and i dont work through an agency.
So its not "that" bad.

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:45 PM
but its not good lol

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:46 PM
and you are asking an agency to find the same kind of work of you as you are looking for yourself without success?

yer no success at all i got 9 hrs to do tomorrow and that's it

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:47 PM
better than minimum wage, which means legal, which means you CAN live on it, they have people who make sure of these things you know... if you dont want to work for £6 per hour i know 4000 polish people who will lol lol

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:47 PM
if you cant find work yourself and you know its quiet at the moment, why are you surprised that an agency is also finding that it is quiet at the moment? They cant pluck work from the air lol

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:51 PM
if you cant find work yourself and you know its quiet at the moment, why are you surprised that an agency is also finding that it is quiet at the moment? They cant pluck work from the air lol

arr i know but they advertise a job in n17 and then said to me oh no its in w5 or some far away land lol

and its about time people released these polish people are crap tradesmen just because they have a potato farming degree dose not mean they are a good chippy or plasterer

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:54 PM
many of them are returning to mainland Europe now anyway because the exchange rate has dropped so badly that its not such a good deal for them to work here anymore.

Adam
14-08-08, 03:54 PM
TBH, your working through an agency which imo is what you do when things are quite desperate(unless its a company that only recruit through agencies)
I was desperate anyway when i signed on with a few agencies(never got one job offer...)
So £6 is not so bad at all.

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:55 PM
TBH, your working through an agency which imo is what you do when things are quite desperate(unless its a company that only recruit through agencies)
I was desperate anyway when i signed on with a few agencies(never got one job offer...)
So £6 is not so bad at all.

6 pphr is bad if you have to do a 80 mile round trip a day for it

turbojolt
14-08-08, 03:56 PM
many of them are returning to mainland Europe now anyway because the exchange rate has dropped so badly that its not such a good deal for them to work here anymore.

good about time hopefully they will stop claiming child tax credits for kids still in Poland then and give back some jobs to real tradesmen

and stop driving around with no road tax

Lauren
14-08-08, 03:59 PM
good about time hopefully they will stop claiming child tax credits for kids still in Poland then and give back some jobs to real tradesmen

and stop driving around with no road tax

At least they work, which unfortunately is more than many English people do.

wisewood
14-08-08, 04:00 PM
*British people. The welsh, scottish and northern irish are often just as work shy.

Lauren
14-08-08, 04:02 PM
Ooooo I'm sorry, I stand corrected.

wisewood
14-08-08, 04:03 PM
like Forrest Gump?

turbojolt
14-08-08, 04:05 PM
sorry but at the end of the day I'm not work shy i don't sit around calming on the doll I'm a hard worker and so was the 4 thousand people put out of work as soon as the gates opened to the job stealing potato farmers that can afford to under cut ever one because the government help them more then the British people makes me sick to my stomach

wisewood
14-08-08, 04:08 PM
Relax. We have already established you are looking for work. It's those that don't even bother to look who are the problem.

Incidentally, we have more people in this country who were born and raised here who abuse the system and dont look for work than we do people from the EU who have come over here to work (from poland etc).

So, if we send all those home, and force all those not looking for work to start looking, you will find it more difficult to find work due to increased competition (which would lead to lower wages), than you do now.

raymond
14-08-08, 04:39 PM
i found my current job through an angency and that was for one thats was advertised i did think the same as you though they will never ring a few days later they did and im still there

dont the company have to pay the agency something if they want to take you on permantly

wisewood
14-08-08, 04:40 PM
usually a percentage of the salary for position if they are recruiting directly via them - if they take you from the agency temp books onto their own payroll there will usually be a pre arranged fee.

Adam
14-08-08, 04:43 PM
The one i was with paid you for the first 13weeks of work there, and then you became a full time employee if the company wanted to keep you on

wisewood
14-08-08, 04:45 PM
yeah thats fairly typical. company gives you a 3 month trial period and if they dont want you they swap you for someone else.

Stuart
14-08-08, 06:55 PM
99% of all "Recruitment Consultants" I've dealt with, were all useless wastes of space!!!! I wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire lol

the WORST bit imho is not even saying "thanks but no thanks" to an application for a job. Going direct to the employer is far easier IME

Even when I did manual jobs after uni via agencies I'd always split the difference between my pay and what they were paying the agency for me to work direct lol.