PDA

View Full Version : diets!!

burgo
14-08-08, 08:49 AM
ive decided im looking pregnant at the moment and so want to do something about it. i think my weakness is snacking. so what can i have instead of the crisps and cheese on toast??

Philsutton
14-08-08, 08:52 AM
carry on eating what you are but do about 3 hours hard exercise a day, or instead of munching crap have eat some fruit. Then you'll get bored with eating apples and just stop eat any snacks lol.

hendrix
14-08-08, 08:53 AM
All I eat is fruit and I'm still fat haha. But do s0d all exercise anymore

Lauren
14-08-08, 09:02 AM
A post about diets started by a man. How strange. lol

To cut back on the belly fat you do need to exercise. And stop drinking beer, as it contains yeast that bloats you, which is why it's called a beer belly. And avoid white bread too.

I give it a week before you get bored lol

burgo
14-08-08, 09:03 AM
A post about diets started by a man. How strange. lol

To cut back on the belly fat you do need to exercise. And stop drinking beer, as it contains yeast that bloats you, which is why it's called a beer belly. And avoid white bread too.

I give it a week before you get bored lolsorry but there is no way im stopping the beer. ill get round it so that i can still drink somehow

i dont like fruit either

wisewood
14-08-08, 10:04 AM
If your stomach is the problem just do situps to strenghten your abdominal muscles which will help to keep the vast stomach in the position it is supposed to be in lol

A couple of minutes a few times a day is all it needs. 30-50 at a time, a few times a day. Makes quite a difference within a couple of weeks... and its only 6 minutes out of your day. You probably spend longer than that having a sh*t.

burgo
14-08-08, 10:26 AM
If your stomach is the problem just do situps to strenghten your abdominal muscles which will help to keep the vast stomach in the position it is supposed to be in lol

A couple of minutes a few times a day is all it needs. 30-50 at a time, a few times a day. Makes quite a difference within a couple of weeks... and its only 6 minutes out of your day. You probably spend longer than that having a sh*t.:eek: how many. if i can do 10 ill be impressed lol

wisewood
14-08-08, 10:31 AM
Start with 10 then. Do 10 in the morning, and then rest (get breakfast, whatever) then do another 10. Do another few sets of 10 in the evening.

When this no longer feels difficult do 20 in one set in the morning, and two sets of 15 in the evening, and increase each set by 5 or 10 every few days until you are doing about 50 in each set.

I am ok with situps but have problems with pressups and can hardly do any, but the more often you do them, the easier they become and the more you notice the benefits.

Philsutton
14-08-08, 10:46 AM
Try doing 1000 in one sitting and then attempting to move for next three days lol

wisewood
14-08-08, 10:55 AM
If i had the time, i would. But i dont. besides which, i dont want the sort of stomach that doing that sort of exercise would create. Because i'd be gutted when i could no longer be bothered to spend 90 minutes a day doing situps and it went all wobbly again lol

Lauren
14-08-08, 10:58 AM
See I can do press-ups like nobodys business, but i can't do sit-ups to save my life!

wisewood
14-08-08, 10:59 AM
part of my problem with press-ups is my faulty left wrist which was well documented recently in the scars n stuff thread. Cant support weight on the wrist for long so can only really do up to 10 at a time before i have to get my weight off the wrist.

Welsh Dan
14-08-08, 11:28 AM
I used to snack a lot, and I found the best way to stop to eat larger meals to help stop me feeling peckish all the time. Once i'd stopped snacking, I slowly reduced the portions gradually.

wisewood
14-08-08, 11:42 AM
Oh and by the way, hendrix, its alright saying you eat nothing but fruit but fruit contains sugars which will be turned into fat.

Basically, if you eat three meals a day and snack, even snack on "healthy" foods, you are more than likely eating too much. Unless you have a portion which looks far too small when you look at it, even just three meals a day will result in weight gain without sufficient exercise to burn off the excess.

BIGS
14-08-08, 11:51 AM
well i found the best way was one proper meal aday and one bowl of grapes and one bowl of strawberries. i lost half a stone in a week so do work!

wisewood
14-08-08, 11:55 AM
thats basically the same concept as "the special K diet". Calorie control. One sensible meal, and two meals with a much smaller calorie intake, whether that be cereal or a sensible portion of fruit, whatever, makes no difference.

Calories in - Calories used = weight gain/loss. At the end of the day thats what it comes down to. if you eat too much you get bigger, eat too little and you get smaller, eat just right and you stay the same*

*too much, too little, just right - all relative to the amount of exercise you get.

BIGS
14-08-08, 12:08 PM
yes that is true but i do go gym 6 days a week aswell so that helps alot and burns off the calories. But the main thing to watch is the carbs more then calories

And also a good snack is to have scrambled eggs as they fill up up for hours give you alot of energy and digest quickly, and also rice pudding is a great for energy and contains little fat ect

Lauren
14-08-08, 12:09 PM
So then, if all that is true, how do you explain the concept of slimming world, which i've lost a lot of weight on?
Eating less will not help you lose weight. It will just slow down your metabolism so that when you do eat properly you will gain weight quicker than before.

wisewood
14-08-08, 12:10 PM
Thats the problem though. Energy = calories. So you go mmmmmmm yummy healthy scrambled eggs these will fill me up for ages, and then you dont do anything so you dont burn the energy off, so it gets turned into fat and stored for later. and then you havent done anything so you get bored and you snack. W0000. Cycle continues lol

Lauren
14-08-08, 12:14 PM
If that concept was true, people would be shouting 'Watch out, here comes the chunkmonster!' every time I walk down the street.

hendrix
14-08-08, 12:17 PM
pain in the **** really then hehe.
I used to go to gym loads and was 3 stone lighter than I am now. Then uni happened lol.
My daily intake:
No breakfast
Low fat Crisps and 2 satsumas around 10:30
Sandwich < 400 cals and a penguin (or equivalent) or yoghurt at lunch
Bannana, Apple around 3pm
Then a main meal around 7pm. usually its really low fat too as the missus can't eat too much fat. Always with plenty of veg
Couple of biscuits around 9 and I'm done for the day.
Doesn't seem that bad really!

wisewood
14-08-08, 12:21 PM
If that concept was true, people would be shouting 'Watch out, here comes the chunkmonster!' every time I walk down the street.

It really is that straight forward though for 99.99% of people. Keep your calories in line with what you need and you will maintain weight, consume less than required and you will lose weight as you body takes the excess from fat, or muscle if it has to.

You could snack all day every day if you wanted as long as your calorie intake didnt exceed what it needed to be.

FACT. lol

hendrix
14-08-08, 12:22 PM
tis true, some dude doing tour de france consumed 6000 calories per day. But because he was using that amount he didn't gain any weight. Whereas if I did that I would become a fatty fatty (well more than now hah)

wisewood
14-08-08, 12:22 PM
I used to go to gym loads and was 3 stone lighter than I am now. Then uni happened lol.

I used to go to the gym 8 times in 6 days every week. I did mostly cardio vascular exercise and a little weights to tone myself. I gained weight rather than losing any lol

BIGS
14-08-08, 12:24 PM
So then, if all that is true, how do you explain the concept of slimming world, which i've lost a lot of weight on?
Eating less will not help you lose weight. It will just slow down your metabolism so that when you do eat properly you will gain weight quicker than before.

well i spose they work different? im more of a bodybuilder so eat the right things and always running ect so what i eat is getting burnt off. cant say much on slimming world do they make you run a do step ups ect? or is it just eating the right things to loss weigh :confused:

And wisey i know what you mean but tbh scrambled eggs are a very heathy food and dont contain much fat, calories ect. just because they give you energy dont mean you have to burn it off. it is a good snack to eat because you dont need to burn off anything to say a chocolate bar

hendrix
14-08-08, 12:25 PM
Yeah but a I bet you weren't a bloater like me in the first place lol

BIGS
14-08-08, 12:28 PM
I used to go to the gym 8 times in 6 days every week. I did mostly cardio vascular exercise and a little weights to tone myself. I gained weight rather than losing any lol

yea you will find that. when i started doing weights i weighed 11 stone and now im 12 and a half. so alot of weight gained just from doing that

wisewood
14-08-08, 12:32 PM

Slimming world iirc gives you a carefully selected list of foods that you can munch as much as you like, and you alternate between "red days" and "green days" which ensures that when you do eat a proper meal you get the right balance of protein, fats and carbs.

The stuff that you are allowed to eat as much as you want will have a low energy/calorie rating, if it didnt, you would gain weight because you would be storing as fat the energy that you consumed in excess of what you required.

Also, you are right about the metabolism. But saying that not eating doesnt help you lose weight is crazy. Your metabolism slows down, but your body processes your fat and muscle instead which makes you weigh less, because there is less of you. If i ate nothing for 3 weeks would i still weight 15 stone? I think not.

Slimming world is very complicated in terms of biology but the concept is still the same. By letting you eat as much as you want of certain foods they maintain your high metabolic rate and that is what helps to give you the quick weight loss, because your body doesnt store energy as fat, because it expects another hit of energy to be along soon.

Andy
14-08-08, 12:32 PM
Thats because muscle weighs more than fat

wisewood
14-08-08, 12:35 PM
And wisey i know what you mean but tbh scrambled eggs are a very heathy food and dont contain much fat, calories ect. just because they give you energy dont mean you have to burn it off. it is a good snack to eat because you dont need to burn off anything to say a chocolate bar

By that logic, the best possible snack is actually to drink water. Drink it cold and your body uses energy to warm it up to a temperature where it can be easily digested, and then you get practically nil energy back from it. The fact your stomach has something in it stops you feeling hungry... so the need to snack is avoided.

All energy needs to be used, or you turn it into fat. Doesnt matter if it is 50 calories in some scrambled egg or 200 calories in a bag of maltesers or something.

wisewood
14-08-08, 12:36 PM
Thats because muscle weighs more than fat

True. But when you guage yourself using a pair of scales and a mirror its a bit wierd seeing your weight go up and your physique improve lol

BIGS
14-08-08, 12:41 PM
True. But when you guage yourself using a pair of scales and a mirror its a bit wierd seeing your weight go up and your physique improve lol

lol can you actually see people doing that

BIGS
14-08-08, 12:44 PM
By that logic, the best possible snack is actually to drink water. Drink it cold and your body uses energy to warm it up to a temperature where it can be easily digested, and then you get practically nil energy back from it. The fact your stomach has something in it stops you feeling hungry... so the need to snack is avoided.

All energy needs to be used, or you turn it into fat. Doesnt matter if it is 50 calories in some scrambled egg or 200 calories in a bag of maltesers or something.

Yea that is true but dont taste half as nice tho. and makes you go toilet to much lol

Lauren
14-08-08, 12:48 PM
Oh and by the way, hendrix, its alright saying you eat nothing but fruit but fruit contains sugars which will be turned into fat.

Basically, if you eat three meals a day and snack, even snack on "healthy" foods, you are more than likely eating too much. Unless you have a portion which looks far too small when you look at it, even just three meals a day will result in weight gain without sufficient exercise to burn off the excess.

Ok, now look at this post and the previous one you said about slimming world. They contradict each other! I eat three meals a day, and I snack all day on fruit, yogurt, low-fat crisps, etc, and I lose in the region of 2.5 - 3 pounds per week. In fact, the more I eat, the bigger my weight loss.
The point I was trying to make is that cutting down on your portions and snacks may help you lose weight, but you will be bloody unhappy doing it and you will pile it all back on when you eat normally.

mowgli
14-08-08, 12:48 PM
you should try the anne franks diet, my missus is on it. I locked her in the attic, & an armed german patrols downstairs. she might lose weight on it, cos all of the others have failed. we have a shelf of diet books to prove it.........

Lauren
14-08-08, 12:49 PM
Oops, double post. How do I get rid of that? lol

wisewood
14-08-08, 12:52 PM
you ask me nicely.

Lauren
14-08-08, 12:54 PM
Please please mr wisewood, can you get rid of one of my posts? *flutters eyelashes*

wisewood
14-08-08, 12:57 PM
The point I was trying to make is that cutting down on your portions and snacks may help you lose weight, but you will be bloody unhappy doing it and you will pile it all back on when you eat normally.

Like i said, slimming world is very complicated. But the basic concept of weight loss still stands. You eat three meals a day, but the type of food they allow you to eat is tweaked according to the fact that they know you are munching on other stuff all the time. By not letting you mix certain types of food in the same day they ensure that you process the food you eat as efficiently as possible. Some food groups are processed easier than others so by mixing them you slow your metabolism.

"eat normally" is a very loose term. If eating normally is what you used to eat before you decided to lose weight, then yes, you will pile the weight back on, but if you eat the right amount of calories for a person of your size and level of exercise you will not gain weight (and this is what i consider eating normally).

I am lucky. I have a quick metabolic rate naturally, if i didnt, i would be twice my size.

wisewood
Please please mr wisewood, can you get rid of one of my posts? *flutters eyelashes*

Done.

Panman
If you serious about dieting you need to do it the correct way, cutting down regular eating to one - two meals aday will make you loose weight but you will put it back on in the blink of an eye. I've been training for the best part of 20 years from my early gymnastics days to my current triathalon training. My wife does my diet for me and I eat 6 to 8 times aday, she's a sponsored bodybuilder (L A Muscle). If you want I'll get her to write you a 6 week diet and the best thing about these diets is your never really hungry, and I havent cut beer out. I weigh 85kg during the winter training and 73 - 75 during the summer.
Heres my wife on youtube. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OhPIAF-e-cs

But she'd love to try a new diet on you.

Tilly
14-08-08, 01:06 PM
ive decided im looking pregnant at the moment and so want to do something about it. i think my weakness is snacking. so what can i have instead of the crisps and cheese on toast??

i did the kellogs diet. but tbh shreddies are even better than special k, you need to actually shrink your stomach into smaller portions. bowl of cereal for breakfast and lunch. then an evening meal.
I do 140 sit ups (in reps) and 10 minutes on stepper and 10mins on trampoline ive lost a stone. in a month

BIGS
14-08-08, 01:07 PM
as soon as you said sponsored bodybuilder i thought oh no she is going to look like one thats more built up then most blokes. but good to see she isnt. must of took her years to get like that. ive been training for 2 - 3 years and no how hard it can get.

and if she wants to try me out on a new diet im up for that

wisewood
14-08-08, 01:11 PM
Pretty good. A pound every couple of days. nice one!

I actually think that binge diets do work. It is all about how you behave afterwards. If you allow yourself to pile on the pounds again its your own fault, once you achieve your target you have to then do something about it when you start to gain weight again, which means more exercise and a healthier diet. Otherwise you're up and down all the time. But you can certainly use a crash diet to ditch a lot of weight in the first place - its not a healthy option, but it will do the job.

Panman
14-08-08, 01:16 PM
as soon as you said sponsored bodybuilder i thought oh no she is going to look like one thats more built up then most blokes. but good to see she isnt. must of took her years to get like that. ive been training for 2 - 3 years and no how hard it can get.

and if she wants to try me out on a new diet im up for that
Its a lonley life, i'll tell you that. I couldnt even take her out for our anniversary dinner.
I'll pm you a diet plan something simple to follow, similar to mine not hers (she sets her alarm for 4am just to take in 25g of protein)

wisewood
14-08-08, 01:18 PM
lol @ the 4am protein fix.

I have something similar, i wake every night at 3:30am without an alarm needing a chocolate biscuit or 5.

turbojolt
14-08-08, 01:18 PM
the problem with them diets are you are starving your self then when it comes to the point you think you have lost enough weight your brain will tell you to eat everything in sight like a animal that has been hibernating due to you starving your self

also just because you look thinner it dose not mean you are healthier you could be doing more harm then good to be honest the only sure fire way is exercise and eat enough calories not to many not to little just enough

Lauren
14-08-08, 01:22 PM
the problem with them diets are you are starving your self then when it comes to the point you think you have lost enough weight your brain will tell you to eat everything in sight like a animal that has been hibernating due to you starving your self

also just because you look thinner it dose not mean you are healthier you could be doing more harm then good to be honest the only sure fire way is exercise and eat enough calories not to many not to little just enough

I agree with you there. Being skinny does NOT mean you are healthy.

BIGS
14-08-08, 01:27 PM
Its a lonley life, i'll tell you that. I couldnt even take her out for our anniversary dinner.
I'll pm you a diet plan something simple to follow, similar to mine not hers (she sets her alarm for 4am just to take in 25g of protein)

Yea that would be great cheers :D

And yea i can see what its like for you. when she goes in for the comps does she not drink anything for about 12 hours so the musles are more cut in? thats proper hard core and dedicated but dont know if i could ever do that.

wisewood
14-08-08, 01:28 PM
Everyone seems to miss the point that eating the right amount of calories is all fine and dandy, but that wont make you lose or gain any weight. If you are too big, you are putting strain on your joints and internal organs, if you are too small you have the same effect but for different reasons.

What you have to do is get yourself to a "human" shape which means, like it or not, being slim, because thats what shape we are designed to be, and then you balance out your diet and maintain that shape as best you can.

It alright saying I am 30 stone and i have been for the last 20 years, you might maintain your weight but you are a long way from healthy. Same goes for someone six feet tall who weighs 9 stone and maintains that. Not good.

BIGS
14-08-08, 01:28 PM
I agree with you there. Being skinny does NOT mean you are healthy.

Ah but its skinny and it slim

skinny = anorexia imo

large_steve182
14-08-08, 01:34 PM
learn to squint abit when you look in the mirror.
makes you look much thinner. or just get a concave or convex mirror to make you look thinner. that way you will just feel better lol

wisewood
14-08-08, 01:49 PM
convex will make you look wider.

large_steve182
14-08-08, 01:55 PM
ha thats why i put both down. as its been a while since ive done physics. and i was also to lazy to go check wikipedia

wisewood
14-08-08, 02:30 PM
My physics teacher always told me to think cave-in... and the one is obviously the other way.

General Baxter
14-08-08, 02:34 PM
eat some low fat pie :)

large_steve182
14-08-08, 02:36 PM
My physics teacher always told me to think cave-in... and the one is obviously the other way.

my teacher was foreign and we all just giggled when he said lambla. which has something to do with wavelenghts?

wisewood
14-08-08, 02:36 PM
foreign teachers are fantastic. we had a female australian p.e. teacher one year, that was my favourite year of my life lol lol

Philsutton
14-08-08, 03:27 PM
my teacher was foreign and we all just giggled when he said lambla. which has something to do with wavelenghts?

Depends if its lower or upper case really, for example could be any of the following or any of another million things:

Wavelength
half-life
Cosmological constant Got to love the Greek alphabet

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot you're a rocket scientist or something aren't you phil?

Philsutton
14-08-08, 03:32 PM
Astrophysicist, or I will be more so when I get my massive observatory and telescope Ive ordered lol

hendrix
14-08-08, 03:34 PM
Like Mount Paloma phil?? lol.
God I miss those days!!
Do you have a Barlow Lens?? lol.

Good definition of Lambda though. And yes the Greek alphabet rocks!

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:38 PM
Astrophysicist

I knew it was something to do with hardcore science and space lol

hendrix
14-08-08, 03:40 PM
Phil do you know who Prof David W Hughes is?? Mates with Patrick Moore. He was one of my Astrophysics lecturers at Sheffield

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:42 PM
hendrix, you studied astrophysics?? seriously????

hendrix
14-08-08, 03:43 PM
Not astrophysics. Yes that was part of it. But I just did a degree in physics generally

hendrix
14-08-08, 03:44 PM
biggest regret is not going on to postgrad though :(

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:45 PM
bumming around a bit longer you mean lol

hendrix
14-08-08, 03:49 PM
lol nah, I love physics (lol geek alert) and am stuck in what feels like a dead end job at the moment. Don't know why I didn't apply to do it. I'm exploring ways of getting back into it but the problem now is the money i.e. I have many financial commitments now im in the 'real world'

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:54 PM
Sell the house, car, etc etc etc and live with your parents.

hendrix
14-08-08, 03:55 PM
foook no!!! lol
Well to the parents bit anyway

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:58 PM
Do it. parents are lovely.

hendrix
14-08-08, 03:58 PM
haha you've never lived with my stepdad

wisewood
14-08-08, 03:59 PM
as far as you know

hendrix
14-08-08, 04:00 PM
lol

Philsutton
14-08-08, 05:04 PM
come do a postgrad here with me whoooo, will be fun

ade
15-08-08, 12:51 AM
Astrophysicist, or I will be more so when I get my massive observatory and telescope Ive ordered lol

sorry - massive observatory and telescope? On a hill? Any excuse to porn on young ladies through bedroom windows!

I find Binoculars work just as well...

cough

As for diets - my missus started the weight watchers points thing - eat what you want and stay below so many points. I copied her for a while and lost a stone...works quite well...

burgo
15-08-08, 01:51 PM
im going for eating nothing but me dinner. mainly because im lazy

wisewood
15-08-08, 02:16 PM
As part of my diet i have just been and eaten a medium big mac meal (with coke, full fat, none of that diet **** for me). This is in addition to the sandwiches i brought from home.

oops.

Philsutton
15-08-08, 03:04 PM
sorry - massive observatory and telescope? On a hill? Any excuse to porn on young ladies through bedroom windows!

I find Binoculars work just as well...

cough

As for diets - my missus started the weight watchers points thing - eat what you want and stay below so many points. I copied her for a while and lost a stone...works quite well...

Its going in the middle of the national forest next to the uni lol, its going to be a strange place to be in the middle of the night on your own.

On an other note where I did my degree they had a big telescope set up in the lab and I decided to just have a look at what it was aimed at for some reason. It was aimed at one of the windows of the student flats across the road lmfao. I thought that was rather assuming.

mrsvcoop
16-08-08, 09:47 AM
ok luke if ur snacking do u realy need to? could u just need a drink thats not beer lol. most people snack thinking they need to eat when in fact they just need a drink. Last year i was 15 stone and god did i hate it since then i have lost at least 1 1/2 stone by cutting down what i eat and walking a hell of a lot more. Just started learning the scooter dance for jumping all over the world its great for burning cals. i also use slim fast and the pink patch.

SKoob
16-08-08, 03:16 PM
Best way is 6 small meals a day, keeps ya metabolism stoked up :thumb: Try and have a high in protien and low in refined carb diet

NovaBoi92
16-08-08, 03:30 PM
cut the food in half so its half the calories. if its half the calories you can eat twice as much!

burgo
16-08-08, 04:39 PM
cut the food in half so its half the calories. if its half the calories you can eat twice as much!little britain for the win lol

as for needing to snack, course i dont but i feel hungry/bored so eat

NovaBoi92
16-08-08, 04:40 PM
have abit of dust? anybody? no? dust. . xD

mrsvcoop
16-08-08, 08:51 PM
little britain for the win lol

as for needing to snack, course i dont but i feel hungry/bored so eat

Dont eat talk to me if im about lol or do ur mums housework

Alex.
16-08-08, 09:41 PM
A good diet is if you eat half of what you normally would eat. And then you see you can eat twice as much :D:thumb: I stick to that diet. lol

NovaBoi92
17-08-08, 05:30 PM
cut the food in half so its half the calories. if its half the calories you can eat twice as much!

A good diet is if you eat half of what you normally would eat. And then you see you can eat twice as much :D:thumb: I stick to that diet. lol

thats the same kind of thing as i said lol :thumb:

burgo
18-08-08, 12:52 AM
Dont eat talk to me if im about lol or do ur mums houseworkyour never about :( and errr no to housework

burgo
18-08-08, 04:37 AM
:cry:im ashamed of myself. i thought i would try and see how many sit ups i could do. i managed to do 13 before doing damage. im not a doctor but its either cramp, spasms or pulled muscle. im crap :(

Hobbit
18-08-08, 05:01 AM
sit ups at this time? balls to that, im eating a tub of ben and jerrys.

burgo
18-08-08, 05:35 AM
well i was bored lol. i spose it probably doesnt help that im on my 6th can either

Alex.
18-08-08, 08:06 AM
Burgo you have issues! lol

Stuart
18-08-08, 08:26 AM
I thought sit ups will only tone your ABS... and NOT actually burn off the lard covering them. so yeah you get a 6 pack, but its wrapped in bubble wrap lol.

dhdev (Oli)
18-08-08, 01:04 PM
you should all quit complaining about being tubby, try being stick thin and not being able to put on weight :cry:

BIGS
18-08-08, 01:06 PM
:cry:im ashamed of myself. i thought i would try and see how many sit ups i could do. i managed to do 13 before doing damage. im not a doctor but its either cramp, spasms or pulled muscle. im crap :(

:eek: really thats makes me feel like superman now lol

I know this might sound stupid but were you doing them right?

BIGS
18-08-08, 01:07 PM
you should all quit complaining about being tubby, try being stick thin and not being able to put on weight :cry:

you should quit complaning, its good for the cars weight lol

dhdev (Oli)
18-08-08, 01:13 PM
you should quit complaning, its good for the cars weight lol

True! Always makes me laugh when you see fat middle aged rich men driving featherweight hillclimb cars lol

BIGS
18-08-08, 01:16 PM
lol that is so true

burgo
18-08-08, 02:35 PM
:eek: really thats makes me feel like superman now lol

I know this might sound stupid but were you doing them right?i beleave i was yes

Alex.
18-08-08, 04:56 PM
Women prefer big guys anywho because they feel more protected. For me I like bouncer and rugby player builds.
Burgo, you have nothing to worry about. You're not fat.

DAN-F
18-08-08, 05:03 PM
I thought sit ups will only tone your ABS... and NOT actually burn off the lard covering them. so yeah you get a 6 pack, but its wrapped in bubble wrap lol.

yea of course they burn off fat, any thing that raises your body temp will burn fat

Andy_L
18-08-08, 05:05 PM
yea of course they burn off fat, any thing that raises your body temp will burn fat

What a load of tosh!

You only BURN fat when you are in the fat burning zone. That does not occur after doing 10 sit ups.

Lauren
18-08-08, 05:08 PM
Women prefer big guys anywho because they feel more protected. For me I like bouncer and rugby player builds.
Burgo, you have nothing to worry about. You're not fat.

I've never heard anyone else say that. My mates all think I'm weird when I say I prefer a big man. lol

General Baxter
18-08-08, 05:09 PM
this is all a con, he just wants to make the loon faster lol

Alex.
18-08-08, 05:09 PM
My man needs to be atleast a 36" waist. ;)

General Baxter
18-08-08, 05:10 PM
im a 40 lol

DAN-F
What a load of tosh!

You only BURN fat when you are in the fat burning zone. That does not occur after doing 10 sit ups.

when you do enough sit ups to raise your body temp high enough you will burn fat, obviously 10 isnt going to do it but sit ups can make you lose fat ive not got an ounce of fat on my stomach and all i do is 150 sit ups every morning

Lauren
My man needs to be atleast a 36" waist. ;)

Mmmmm I actually like them with a bit of a belly too lol

mowgli
18-08-08, 05:13 PM
for christ's sake, get out of the lycra & off the high horse...........

the best way to lose weight is to eat less than you need to maintain your weight.
the best way to get fit is to do plenty of good all round exercise.

everything else is window dressing

burgo
18-08-08, 05:14 PM
by your reconning im perfect then alex :). i was 32" waist about a year ago tho lol

DAN-F
18-08-08, 05:15 PM
you wont lose weight just by eating less you will need to exercise a little as well
ive found if i cut down on what i eat dramatically then i put on weight inittially, think its to do with your body storing fat o something,

Alex.
18-08-08, 05:25 PM
you wont lose weight just by eating less
Beg to differ!
And Burgo you're too skinny for me if you're a 32";)

DAN-F
18-08-08, 05:26 PM
try it then ill bet you that you will put on fat in the first few weeks before losing any of it

mowgli
18-08-08, 05:32 PM
special diets do not work for 99% of the population... FACT
My missus has tried every single one & has failed. the only thing that happens is that she gets more miserable & consoles herself with food... thus she is back to square 1.
she tried the rosemary conley gi diet & found the obligatory workouts to be too difficult for her. (she has an inherited knee problem) she is doing the same diet at home, but without the workout & is actually doing quite well, until the next crisis looms.
She also can't abide the way that some clubs allow members who have reached their target weight to still attend, thus demeaning further the ones who struggle to lose anything on a weekly basis.

DAN-F
18-08-08, 05:36 PM
imo the best way to lose a few pounds is to just be sensible, be sensible with what you eat, dont need a full on diet just use a lil common sense, do a little exercise, and gradually it'll come off, wont happen overnight dont get me wrong altering your bodyshape is hard work and takes dedication, ive been training ten years and i still aint happy,

burgo
18-08-08, 05:40 PM
Beg to differ!
And Burgo you're too skinny for me if you're a 32";)i think you misread my post :thumb:

Alex.
18-08-08, 06:13 PM
Well if you're not anymore it's all good.:thumb:

Stuart
18-08-08, 06:13 PM
36" but 38's for comfort of the groin ;)

its not the size of the nail, its the size of the hammer that you use to bang it in with that is important

Alex.
18-08-08, 06:52 PM
36" but 38's for comfort of the groin ;)

If we all huddle together, we may just have enough room for your ego :p

NovaGuy1400SRi
18-08-08, 07:21 PM
by your reconning im perfect then alex :). i was 32" waist about a year ago tho lol

same for me, around a year ago, i was 32" waist, now 36"

wouldnt mind getting back to the 32" though, think its the driving ban that did it for me, not being able to drive, so out on the piss every weekend instead of driving around every night like i used to, all stops soon though, as i get back on the road in 2 months :) so hopefully lose the weight after that.

mrsvcoop
18-08-08, 09:16 PM
Its a shame luke is so shy he could have put a pic up and we could have voted on if he needs to lose weight or not. My votes No cause i seen him on cam lol. My hubby is a size 30-32inch waist its too skinny i hate the feel of bones lol.

burgo
19-08-08, 12:16 AM
errr how about no lol

Alex.
19-08-08, 08:11 AM
I have a visual in my head and he is sexy as he is. :D

Dod
19-08-08, 10:00 AM
At the end of the day, getting fat is a sign of maturity. Think about it, it makes sense. And thats my excuse. End of.

Andy_L
19-08-08, 11:38 AM
Don't diet just cut out eating between meals and try to eat healtily.

Bit of exercise and the weight will drop off plus you will feel lots fitter and have more energy.

wisewood
19-08-08, 11:44 AM
Getting fat is a sign over over eating and under-exercising. Fact.

Dod
19-08-08, 11:51 AM
Bollox, its a sign of becoming more of a man than before. FACT.

Breeny
19-08-08, 12:30 PM
I'm having about 4500 calories a day at the mo and I'm still only 9st :|

Lauren
19-08-08, 12:41 PM
Don't rub it in!

wisewood
19-08-08, 05:03 PM
You wouldnt want to be in the situation Breeny is in right now Lauren.

Lauren
19-08-08, 05:32 PM
Oh. I think I see. Very very sorry :(

Saloony
19-08-08, 06:01 PM
Well Mr Lee will vouch for this... i was a proper barrel, 44waist jeans for fcuk sake, im now a 36waist, and still loosing slowly now as ive stopped the strict diet.

burgo
20-08-08, 03:48 AM
ive just just found this out and find it quite inter esting. for every lb of muscle you burn 50 calories a day. so body building not only helps you loose weight by doin the excercise it actually increase the amount of callories you burn each day

Lauren
20-08-08, 08:46 AM
burgo, why are you always up so early / late?

burgo
20-08-08, 09:38 AM
i have no life :(

Lauren
20-08-08, 09:44 AM
Aren't you tired? Even if you went to bed as soon as you made that post and literally just got up, you've only had 6 hours sleep...

burgo
20-08-08, 09:57 AM
no ive been up since lunchtime yesturday and no im not tired lol

Alex.
20-08-08, 09:59 AM
Maybe the reason you're not loosing weight is because you're not sleeping consistantly. Your body needs time to shut down for a bit and rest. And if you're not giving it that then that's where you're going wrong!

burgo
20-08-08, 10:03 AM
i actually read that tonight that its important to get 8 hours a night to help with loosing weight

Breeny
20-08-08, 10:03 AM
No need for apology Lauren :)

Burgo, you need to have a good nights sleep to make the most of out things mate - especially if you start to exercise!

burgo
20-08-08, 10:06 AM
well i wernt planning on staying up all night but ive been sorting this laptop.

i have registered with a diet type site and apparently i only had half the calories im aloud yesturday and that was with 4 cans of lager lol

Lauren
20-08-08, 10:09 AM
Yeah, but don't starve yourself.

wisewood
20-08-08, 10:32 AM
I'm starving. :(

hendrix
20-08-08, 10:39 AM
I had breakfast today for the first time in about 6 months to see if I was still hungry around half 10 and guess what....I am!

Dod
20-08-08, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk6eCDQvvMM&feature=related

burgo
20-08-08, 10:46 AM
I had breakfast today for the first time in about 6 months to see if I was still hungry half 10 and guess what....I am!same here. i had breakfast at 7 and am now starving :( plus thanks to dod i can hear bacon and eggs calling my name

Lauren
20-08-08, 10:47 AM
Bacon and eggs? :(
I had two slices of wholemeal toast, and it was from a half loaf so the slices are the size of your thumbnail.

hendrix
20-08-08, 10:47 AM
anyway burgo, seefood diet is where its at!
I think I am actually more hungry than I am when I normally eat. Do feel a bit more alert though.....perhaps thats down to the 4 coffees I had since 8 this morning haha

wisewood
20-08-08, 11:30 AM
Think i will be partaking in a healthy option for lunch today, weighed myself this morning, put on 2lb this week... and thats despite having lost 1lb earlier in the week, so technically i have put on 3lb in the last few days. Ouch!

burgo
20-08-08, 11:32 AM
just go for a good sh1t then weigh yaself again lol

wisewood
20-08-08, 11:35 AM
I always weigh myself after i've had my visit to the toilet, and before i eat anything, and always naked

burgo
20-08-08, 11:36 AM
did we really need that last bit

wisewood
20-08-08, 11:37 AM
Send you pics if you want mate.

burgo
20-08-08, 11:38 AM
:eek: ill pass if you dont mind

wisewood
20-08-08, 11:41 AM
I shall await your PM requesting them privately lol

Lauren
20-08-08, 11:44 AM
It was actually more the thought of you taking a sh*t that I didn't want, not the naked part lol

wisewood
20-08-08, 12:06 PM
i never said anything about taking a sh*t. The contents of my bladder in the morning are heavier than the contents of my bowel, i generally dont empty my bowel until later in the morning, usually around 10am lol

So tomorrow at 10am, be sure to think of me straining :D

burgo
20-08-08, 12:07 PM
bit of a random time for a dump

wisewood
20-08-08, 12:09 PM
I have a pretty high metabolic rate, usually take a visit to the little brown fish aquarium 3 times a day.

burgo
20-08-08, 12:10 PM
what the funk!! how is that even possible. im once a day. normally bout midnight

wisewood
20-08-08, 12:16 PM
My body processes what i give it and wants to get rid of the waste, who am i to argue with it? lol

Generally speaking... something like 10am + somewhere between 4pm-6pm + 10pm

Saloony
20-08-08, 12:27 PM
8.15.. 1.15 and one in the evening if need be... its all healthy lol

wisewood
20-08-08, 12:29 PM
The quicker you get rid the better. Does you no good keeping it in.

Check your metabolic rate, eat half a beetroot and wait for the toilet water to turn purple :D

Dod
20-08-08, 12:30 PM
08.15 breakfast, 2 Whole Grain Toast pieces and a cuppa tea

12.00 Sandwich and a Bar of Chocolate.

15.30 Ham and Cheese Toastie or a Fast Pasta Meal thing

18.00 Dinner

23.30 Corn flakes or similar.

Lauren
20-08-08, 12:35 PM
Actually, it's perfectly normal and healthy to take a poo at LEAST 3 times a day. If you go less, you need more fibre. :thumb:

NovaBoi92
20-08-08, 12:36 PM
:roll:

Alex.
20-08-08, 04:42 PM
08.15 breakfast, 2 Whole Grain Toast pieces and a cuppa tea

That's my daily intake a lot of the time lol

General Baxter
20-08-08, 04:45 PM
today lol

11.30 get up lol
12.00 sos, egg, mush, tom, beans, bacon on a very large french stick with a can of coke
3.00 cup o tea with 3 sugars
4.00 large bar of galaxy to my self

umm whats for dinna lol

Martin
20-08-08, 04:49 PM
heres mine..

4.30 - sevring of creatine(some times a brisk jog round the block)

4.45 - scrambled egg on brown toast protein shake

9.30 - 2 piece of fruit

1.00 - Either Chicken n Paster(training day) or Tin of tuna & a tin of pinapple

5.30ish - a plate of steam veg and gravy

7.30(if training Protien shake as i would of just finished about that time)

8.30 - small bowl of porigde oats( again ony if training) if not id have a MRB about that time and a sevring of creatine

but ive been abit naughty latly and been beering and kebabin

Alex.
20-08-08, 04:50 PM
today lol

11.30 get up lol
12.00 sos, egg, mush, tom, beans, bacon on a very large french stick with a can of coke

umm whats for dinna lol

Wtf?!lol

General Baxter
20-08-08, 04:51 PM
Martin - your too healthy to be on this site lol

General Baxter
20-08-08, 04:52 PM
Wtf?!lol

tell a lie about 2pm i had a steak pie from the chippy lol

when im at work, i spend atleast £8 A DAY on food, and still take my lunch box to work lol

twistysnovagte
20-08-08, 05:01 PM
ive stopped taking money to work aswell as the munch box,it was costing me a stone a month!

mowgli
20-08-08, 05:03 PM
tell a lie about 2pm i had a steak pie from the chippy lol

when im at work, i spend atleast £8 A DAY on food, and still take my lunch box to work lol

Which chippy? the last time I tried the coleshill rd one it was poor...

General Baxter
20-08-08, 05:07 PM
the 'one in the dip' the happy place or something lol

coleshill road has had a major revamp, rather nice now lol

General Baxter
20-08-08, 05:20 PM
5.20 2 choc cakes lol

Martin
20-08-08, 09:05 PM
Martin - your too healthy to be on this site lol

Lmao tell the docs that then..

The reason your asthma is gettin worse is coz you need to loose weight martin

^ **** off :thumb:

General Baxter
20-08-08, 09:12 PM
Lmao tell the docs that then..

The reason your asthma is gettin worse is coz you need to loose weight martin

^ **** off :thumb:

tell him no, its that big v8 merc you drive lol

General Baxter
20-08-08, 09:25 PM
today lol

11.30 get up lol

umm whats for dinna lol

update

5.20 2x choc cakes
8.00 another bar of choc
9.25 2x cheese, cucmber, tom, branton sandies :thumb:
9.32 large tube of pringles lol

Martin
20-08-08, 09:41 PM
^ Healthy Eatin FTW

i'll be honest ive just spoilt my day.. 9.40 bacon omlette with fried beans n sausages

General Baxter
20-08-08, 09:42 PM
why the **** am i still hungry, is it becasue im a fat ******* lol

dont forget the 2L of sprite and 1L of fanta lol

Lynsey
20-08-08, 11:00 PM
Considering how much you eat, you are pretty trim!

I've been on my diet (round 34225692) for almost 2 weeks and I feel really good, have loads of energy and just wake up feeling goooood.

I can't stop thinking of curry night on the weekend though :D we always make a curry with all the trimmings when I go to Dougie's.
OK my mouth is watering now... Mmmmmm, onion bhajis, chicken pakora :p

General Baxter
20-08-08, 11:03 PM
Considering how much you eat, you are pretty trim!

:witch: lol

thats because when im at work, i walk about 8miles aday, go up and down ladders all day aswell :D

burgo
20-08-08, 11:09 PM
baxter seriously eathing that much aint right.

today ive had a bowl of wheetos and a bacon and cheese omelette......and thats it

Lynsey
20-08-08, 11:15 PM
Baxter, have you got worms? lol

General Baxter
20-08-08, 11:17 PM
if i have that means ill get thin quick lol

burgo
20-08-08, 11:18 PM
if i have that means ill get thin quick lolthats never gonna happen mate lol

General Baxter
21-08-08, 12:03 AM
some days all ill eat is a small kit cat, some days like today ill eat the world lol

iv had 4 ****es today lol

Alex.
21-08-08, 08:03 AM
To be fair, you're a tall big built chap. So I suppose you need that much energy.

I treat myself to a take away otherwise I crave it so much I explode.lol

General Baxter
21-08-08, 11:27 AM
To be fair, you're a tall big built chap. So I suppose you need that much energy.

I treat myself to a take away otherwise I crave it so much I explode.lol

im on holiday, iv sat at the pc for 2 weeks lol

Breeny
21-08-08, 11:55 AM
some days all ill eat is a small kit cat, some days like today ill eat the world lol

iv had 4 ****es today lol

F*kin hell!!

What have you been eating?!

General Baxter
21-08-08, 11:57 AM
small child comes to mind lol

Martin
21-08-08, 12:18 PM
Pmsl i go rather regular but not 5 times isit a soild **** or like pisin owt ya a hole? Lol

Andy
21-08-08, 12:25 PM
Ffs Martin lol by the sounds of things at that amount of times a day its gonna be through the eye of a needle isnt it?!

burgo
21-08-08, 01:56 PM
seriously stop please!!!!

Martin
21-08-08, 03:32 PM
i get the ****s from to much redbull pmsl