PDA

View Full Version : removing paint form skirts??

TUBZGSXR
09-10-02, 08:07 PM
i want to take the paint off of my GSI side skirts, there black at the moment cause i want the original look to match the grey plastic Laguna splitter, is this easy to do ,and how would i do it??
also. are GSI skirts easy to remove and put back???
Thanx ;)

ade
11-10-02, 10:25 PM
you'll prob need to sand them back - you could try checmical paint remover but I;d test it 1st as it may affect the plastic.

As for removing - if fitted properly they will clip off and snap back on.

Remove the back arch part 1st - you;ll need to undo the 2 clips on the arch 1st - then check underneath to see it its been put rivetted or screwed to the underside. If so, dril out or unscrew. Then gently pull it out. As for the main section check underside and repeat above, then starting from the right (the bit where the arch part goes) gently prise off from the top to the bottom - work along. Avoid the temptation to rip it off coz you can break the clips - theyre easy to get new ones just an pain in the arse!

If yer going for the original grey look, you'll have a job recreating it without spraying, as sanding will lighten the plastic. Try celly thinners (unless 2 pak was used) in which case you'll need to get a paint match

Remember to plastic prime 1st, and I think lexus grey althracite paint shade matches (unsure though)

Hope this helps

Ade

:D