PDA

View Full Version : I want to see a big storm

BIGS
12-08-08, 03:24 AM
Anyone else? i love watching a good thunder & lightning storm. something about it that gives me a buzz, and even more nowadays as ive been within 5 - 10 meters away from a lightning bolt and was so dam cool to here it that close.

Spudly
12-08-08, 03:33 AM
I must admit i was at andys in scarborough last week and there was a thunderstorm going on all day and night but it eased of to almost nothing whilst i was there, he went to go make a brew as we were in his garage wiring in his digi dash, i went out for a cig and the use of the local convenience (see drain in middle of his tenfoot lol) when there was a huge flash and a fork of lightening, if it werent for the fact i was already using the convenience i woulda pi$$ed meself lol was soooo quiet and was a bit away as there was no noise at first it sooo freaked me out lol.

Was thick fog and pouring rain on the way home (hour-hour and half drive) took it steady and was really relaxing tbh, 100watt headlight & foglight bulbs and heated leather ftw lol

BIGS
12-08-08, 03:42 AM
that would be the perfect day for me lol, just wish we had more down this way. but when it comes it dont have come bad :)

NovaLad
12-08-08, 04:03 AM
I love the thunder storms abroad in hot weather.

It's just explosions in the sky it's awesome!

craig green
12-08-08, 12:28 PM
If I know its happening & have the time, I usually leg it out to the local coastline where its great to watch thunder storms. Its about 10 minutes away.

Its overlooking the Bristol channel - Bridgwater bay, where there is about a 30mile open estuary. Great views to see the lightning all around.

mowgli
12-08-08, 12:48 PM
I got a buzz from some lightning a few years ago, we were digging a lake out & 2 storms decided to meet over our heads.. personally i wasn't impressed & my joints ached for a couple of days. the strike landed about 20m away on a metal field gate.

hendrix
12-08-08, 01:13 PM
Go to Florida, get good ones every day in summer.
Although I watched an amazing one in Greece the other year :thumb:

large_steve182
12-08-08, 04:00 PM
so its summer. and everybody cant wait for a huge storm?

BIGS
12-08-08, 04:04 PM
so its summer. and everybody cant wait for a huge storm?

Really you could of fooled me

wisewood
12-08-08, 04:07 PM
I love summer storms. Still, warm night, huge booms of thunder, lightening illuminating the sky, then a sudden downpour that lasts about 5 minutes and floods everything.

BIGS
12-08-08, 04:12 PM
I want to see one like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCm2UCj6eDU

Adam
12-08-08, 04:23 PM
Just had a massive storm here.
Was at work and it was raining so heavily it was pissing in through works roof onto millions of pounds worth of stuff :cool: