PDA

View Full Version : fao: people with twin 40s

spanishfly
08-10-02, 06:27 PM
ok i gotta get my finger out me arse and fit carbs so... a-n-t told me to extend the alt bracket by 120 or was it total length 120mm i tottaly forget need to know asap!!!
so ne help much apriciated:)

p.s i got i think 10mm trumpets r they ok for now??? if not i'll run it with out:)

mikeoxford
08-10-02, 10:31 PM
hehehe i can answer this post now 8)

as its dark ill have a look tomorow LOL sorry

anyway

alternator brackets....... on the setup we bought it seems the bottom bracket is lowered, as the new one i have points down and the bolts are on top, as aposed to standard and there underneath.

the top mount, is longer and i think it has a bigger bend in it as the alternator sits slightly further away from the inlet manfold as if it were the old manifold.

as for the trumpets - i have NO idea on this score, not educated in this department.

the measurement you gave is this the length from carb to the end of it??

iv just read my post and i dont think it is very helpful at all :oops: lol :o :lol:

sorry - ill measure up tomorow

rob.slader
09-10-02, 09:20 AM
The alternator bracket does need to be extended. You can use one from a cavi SRI 8v as these are longer. Or use two Nova ones connected together. The length doesn't have to be exact I don't think as you will need some room for adjustment for your alternator belt tension. The lower bracket will need to be lowered. I made mine up with a thick metal plate with four holes in, two for the mounting of the plate to the engine, then two lower down to move the alternator down to avoid the inlet manifold. You may have to try several alternator belts until you find the correct one to fit your set up. As for the trumpets, the 10mm size you are quoting is I guess length from the carb up the outside of the trumpet to the end. I have seen several lengths and to be honest it doesn't matter as long as you can get your air filters to fit over the ends of them. I have used shorter trumpets so they don't knock the soundproofing on the bulkhead on engine movement. These work fine with Pipercross sock airfilters as they just slip over the trumpets. I don't know the exact measurment off the top of my head though of what I have.

Anonymous
09-10-02, 10:46 AM
Take it straight tot he roller to get the right chokes and jets sorted, it just wont be any good if they are wrong.

Chip