PDA

View Full Version : Tinting windows?

Lizzie
08-10-02, 11:15 AM
As respectable nova owners, do you think tinting windows should be done or not?.. Ive got a nova SR recently painted in pearlescent grey, new GSI bumpers being prepared, 16" alloys and lowered 60mm. Should I get windows tinted, I say yes, mate in motor trade says no? :?

GR
08-10-02, 12:31 PM
I say yes, but only do the rear windscreen and two rear windows, otherwise its a bit much and you got more chance of being pulled by the whiteshirts. It's not too expensive either varying on where you go.

Go for it !

wisewood
08-10-02, 03:23 PM
surely not the lizi that's at TRC... lmfao.

i would say yeah - get the rears done.
looks smart.

Matt Finary
08-10-02, 03:36 PM
what tint are you going for? light or dark smoke, coloured, limo or custom(like me).

Matt :D

Matt Finary
08-10-02, 03:38 PM
what tint are you going for? light or dark smoke, coloured, limo or custom(like me).

Matt :D

?Marty?
08-10-02, 06:15 PM
Yeah i like tints too. Dark smoke on rear/rear sides and light smoke on front sides looks good. Though which combination/and the effect depends on the colour of the car and the interior too.

I like being able to see inside the car (aspecially like seeing the side of the rollcage shining through the window). Which is why I'm not sure whether to tint or not.

I think i probably will in the end. My car's blue and i was going to get blue tints, but i think it'll be too much blue. So i'll either go for green tints or bright yellow ones (imported from The US, as i can't find any in the UK).

Lizzie
09-10-02, 10:38 AM
My nova's pearlescent grey, I am quite drawn to doin rear and back windows dark smoke and front light smoke? I reckon Im just gonna do it! Cheers 4 all comments! :D

?Marty?
09-10-02, 04:43 PM
Yeah, go for it Liz! Sounds good to me.

<--- approves. :lol:

ade
11-10-02, 11:35 PM
go for a light smoke. The only tint I have on mine is a complete set of GSi windows - they have a smoked green tint. Looks weird.

Also remember that from the outside when you look through the car from the side to the other side you will be looking through two sets of windows so it will look darker. Also the other windows will let less light into the car making it darker also.

Go too dark and you risk looking like a boy racer.
V dark winows look good on light colours (yellow, white) as contrasting, for a peral grey nova you dont want to take away from the funky paint job so go for light smoke.

Get it done properly aswell - avoid the stick on crap - can be good but if not done right will look sh1te!

(IMO)

Ade

:wink:

Breeny
16-10-02, 06:42 PM
IMO if your gonna do your windows they should be same % all round, dark windows at the back and lighter ones at the front looks a bit strange.

IMO also too dark looks too much, people will think your a gangster :lol:

I would say get it done proffessionaly, its not too expensive, ?175 for a 3 door nova from pentagon window technology (the best apparently) If you do it yourself, it may end up looking like a chocolate aero.

Mike_1200
16-10-02, 10:45 PM
yeh i would go for it. my mate has just had the back windows blacked out with a 65% tint in the front looks nice, i would like the same shade all round though. Do it, itll look awsome :D

Nova1.6
16-10-02, 11:16 PM
yeah do dark smoke at back and light smoke on front, i did it myself, it was ok but some little bubbles in it, got a mate to do Le-mans black(ever so slightly lighter the limo, and only ?11 with sqeagy and blade) on my side rear, getting rear done soon aswell.
but deffo do dark smoke on all rear and light on front.

burney
21-10-02, 11:37 PM
u shuold get the mirror effect on a silver nova