PDA

View Full Version : Gsi Spoiler General Questions

Spacemonkey
08-10-02, 09:27 AM
i bought a Second hand Gsi Spoiler(Barnes Gsi :) ) after waiting fecking months for my m8 to paint it. just wondering if there is a safe way of fitting it, i dont really like the idea of drilling holes in my car.

Ta

Nova-Flair
08-10-02, 04:18 PM
for fcuk's sake m8 take to it a bodyshop! we tried to fit my m8's one the other week and it was a disaster! his tailgate is knacked now cos of the mess we made. a body shop wont charge you that much i shouldnt think. charged ?30 to fit my m8s one.

?Marty?
08-10-02, 06:20 PM
Fit it yourself mate!! It's easy.

Stick some maskingtape onto the top of the tailgate - this will help prevent the drill bit from slipping and also make it easier to mark the holes that need drilling. It goes in at an angle though.

If you're not sure where the holes need to be find a mate who has one fitted, remove it (it's a case of unbolting a few nuts from the underneath) and draw a template, which you can then use to stick onto your tailgate to drill through.

ade
12-10-02, 06:53 PM
like marty says get a m8 - then again it all depends on the state of the spoiler - my second hand one had had the bolts reset in resin coz they werent at the right angle. Absolute bastard to line up - had to use one of them grinding drill heads to make the holes bigger - got it on in the end but the inside is a complete abortion. Lukliy the washers hid most of the mess as did a feck load of seal sealer.

I'd go for a body shop - that way if the knacker the job they owe you a new hatch!

:wink:

?Marty?
13-10-02, 03:20 AM
Yeah, i suppose they'd only charge you ?20 to ?30 for it anyway. Sometimes it's best to have someone else carry out your dirty work, even if you can easily do it, simply because if something goes wrong your rights are legally protected. Whereas if you cock things up, there's no one else to blame.