PDA

View Full Version : Russia and Georgia at war

wilson_sri
08-08-08, 07:04 PM
Just been watching more about this on the news. Anyone thinks it could turn into anything big?
Personally i think it could, going by Russias past. There not the type that back down from war!
Also seen George Bush claiming he is backing Georgia. Which could see American forces going in, which would of course mean British forces aswell!

Mike
08-08-08, 07:07 PM
Funk, the ****s gonna hit the fan big styleee!!

See here> http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN08472548

mowgli
08-08-08, 07:10 PM
Also seen George Bush claiming he is backing Georgia!

that pillock probably thinks the ruskies are attacking the georgia in America

Philsutton
08-08-08, 08:00 PM
^^ sad truth is your probably right lol

Jack
08-08-08, 10:05 PM
There won't be all out war, the yanks are too busy with eye-rack at the moment. All that will happen is the Russians will bimble their tanks across Georgia, then the Georgian army will suddenly appear with some tanks that looks suspiciously American and have "Georgian Army" written on them in wet paint, and scare the Russians into moving out the country.

t45_ste
08-08-08, 10:26 PM
Charlie wilsons war styleeeee

Breeny
09-08-08, 12:30 PM
I'm more worried about the Chinese taking over half the world to be honest!

Won't be long before World War III...

Alex.
09-08-08, 03:32 PM
that pillock probably thinks the ruskies are attacking the georgia in America

That's exactly the first thing I though when I heard Bush was supporting Georgia. lol

Ben
09-08-08, 03:37 PM
That's exactly the first thing I though when I heard Bush was supporting Georgia. lol

What someones named a place after Georgia Alanta? How dare they, ive also heard theres a place in the UK named after New York but without the new bit!

Ben
09-08-08, 03:40 PM
I'm more worried about the Chinese taking over half the world to be honest!

Won't be long before World War III...

I personally think its the west's fault that China and India are getting so big, we got to greedy and complacent and gave them all the Industry which was too beneath us, so we passed it off to some under rate countries which could just about manage it, now they will be running the world. Its no coincidence that the Dollar and Sterling are in freefall.

Alex.
09-08-08, 03:54 PM
What someones named a place after Georgia Alanta? How dare they, ive also heard theres a place in the UK named after New York but without the new bit!

Nooo! That Bush probably thinks the Russians are after Georgia in America!lol

Jack
09-08-08, 04:05 PM
I personally think its the west's fault that China and India are getting so big, we got to greedy and complacent and gave them all the Industry which was too beneath us, so we passed it off to some under rate countries which could just about manage it, now they will be running the world. Its no coincidence that the Dollar and Sterling are in freefall.
Yep. If we weren't so intent on outsourcing/selling off UK manufacturing and destroying our own industries cough thatcher cough then the chinese and indians wouldn't be raking it in now.

jimbob-mcgrew
09-08-08, 04:12 PM
the russians are prety safe, they wont kick anything off unless it escalates into a matter of national security. but with bush involved on georgias side.. ppftt.. anything could happen, hees a war-hungry fool with little concience.

Mike
11-08-08, 10:09 PM
Now, a lot of you probably dont give a funk about this, however, theres a few things some of you may not know.....

Georgia is in the process of applying to become part of NATO, if they suceed, NATO are 110% obliged to give help, i.e. go in an kick @ss!! Well, the UK military network is part of NATO, along with the USA.

Russia, UK and the USA ARE the biggest super powers on the planet when it comes to war!

If President Bush agrees to go in and help, the UK will go in to, thus you have the 3 biggest super powers on the planet in the same place blowing the sh1t outta each other which WILL escalate an already volatile situation leading us into a World War 3.

Some of you may see whats happening out there at the moment as a "minor tiff" between two fueding countrys, its fcuking far FAR from that!!!

I have freinds and family in the forces, stuck out across the globe in some right hell hole countrys, i for one am 100% against the backing of NATO forces moving in!

Ben
11-08-08, 10:13 PM
Hence why russia have moved in BEFORE georgia get into Nato.

Also the Russians know that the Yanks and UK are tight against manpower and moneypower so we wont commit as cant spread that thin, also both countries not far off elections and neither leading party will want to go into another war this close to election times.

In all fairness the russians have played a perfect trump card and poor old Georgia are proper ****ed.

Mike
11-08-08, 10:19 PM
In all fairness the russians have played a perfect trump card and poor old Georgia are proper ****ed.

This^ is true yes, troops may be spread thin yes, but all it takes is President Bush to oblige there plea for help and send out even a miniscule task force (5k+ bods) and the sh1t will hit the fan!!!

Heres to hoping both NATO and Mr Bush have some fcuking wits about them and dont commit to anything at this time!!!

Jack
11-08-08, 11:28 PM
Georgia is in the process of applying to become part of NATO, if they suceed, NATO are 110% obliged to give help, i.e. go in an kick @ss!! Well, the UK military network is part of NATO, along with the USA.
As are the Fronch, who will veto as much military action as possible. Cheese eating surrender merchants.

Russia, UK and the USA ARE the biggest super powers on the planet when it comes to war!
Whom exactly have the US and UK fought in the past 55 years to prove their military prowess?

If President Bush agrees to go in and help, the UK will go in to, thus you have the 3 biggest super powers on the planet in the same place blowing the sh1t outta each other which WILL escalate an already volatile situation leading us into a World War 3.
As said, the US won't directly attack Russian forces - even if Wild George Bush fancies himself another war to impress daddy, the senate will overule him (Iraq, fine, considering their military consisted of a couple of tired old ex-soviet MiGs and T-72s, and a bunch of shephards with guns; the Russians are a whole different ball game. They have decent hardware and can shoot straight for a start). The cold war wasn't that long ago.

Ben is right though, the Russians have chosen their moment perfectly.

BTW when you talk of military power, the UK (and even the US) feature well down the list of top fighting forces.

jimbob-mcgrew
11-08-08, 11:35 PM
lol my previous post was just from background knowledge, not knowing what had allready happened and i thought it would be ok, but the same day after posting i heard on the radio "russia had prety much total control over georgia and their bombs had effectively put the country into a state of war" and in a papershop shortly after that saw a title on one paper saying something along the lines of "russia destroys georgia" and then i thought to myself bull.s.h.i.t ..... lol

Jack
11-08-08, 11:38 PM
saw a title on one paper
Lesson of life #1: Never believe anything written in newspapers lol

jimbob-mcgrew
11-08-08, 11:39 PM
but then i think of the words 'world war 3', if that happens would we even know about it ? nukes would be going off left right and centre and would probably crack the planet in two.

jimbob-mcgrew
11-08-08, 11:40 PM
i didnt make it clear enuff soz razorjack.. i was on about my earlier post, saying that russia are cool and they wont do anything.. then i hear on the radio that they were first to fire and theyve practically taken the country lol

Welsh Dan
11-08-08, 11:41 PM
I very much doubt that any nukes will be fired at military targets ever again.

jimbob-mcgrew
11-08-08, 11:49 PM
lol, your jokin right ? what they gonna shoot at instead ? zero priorty targets like schools and hospitals ?. production of nukes has never stopped since the technology was available, and the militaries are stockpiling as much as they can. if s.h.i.t goes down and one sides looking imminently screwed, there gonna shoot that s.h.i.t everywhere and anywhere to destroy maximum ground.

Welsh Dan
11-08-08, 11:51 PM
Nukes are mutually assured destruction. If any country 'fires' nukes, they will be fired upon with an equal or greater number.

jimbob-mcgrew
12-08-08, 12:01 AM
aarrghhh i cant find a reply that doesnt sound like im trying to be argumentative lol put simply - humans live to destroy themselves lol

edit: unless there clever ! but when they TOO clever, they come out and design NUCLEAR FCUKING WEAPONS !!! and the destructive cycle rolls back round on itself.

cant beat the dna, we destined for chaos.

Jack
12-08-08, 12:04 AM
Dan is right, the reason the Cold War never erupted into anything more than puppet skirmishes was because of the Nuclear threat. Of which, incidentally, we were right in the firing line.

4 minutes to unscrew a door and prop it at a 30' angle against your wall. Don't forget the iodine! lol

jimbob-mcgrew
12-08-08, 12:05 AM
lol i fcuking hate politics - get me outta here !

jimbob-mcgrew
12-08-08, 12:06 AM
4 minutes to unscrew a door and prop it at a 30' angle against your wall. Don't forget the iodine! lol

lol what u talkin about jack ?

Welsh Dan
12-08-08, 12:09 AM
fallout

Jack
12-08-08, 12:10 AM
Go read When The Wind Blows by Raymond Briggs (of The Snowman fame)

jimbob-mcgrew
12-08-08, 12:15 AM
i cant read

Welsh Dan
12-08-08, 12:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DfmRt8pgU

Jack
12-08-08, 12:20 AM
i cant read
Good. Its a (very bleak) graphic novel.

Welsh Dan
12-08-08, 12:34 AM
I've just been watching those protect and survive vids, not only are they a) grim, b) bollocks, they contradict themselves lol.