PDA

View Full Version : My Uncle's v8!

NovaStu
07-10-02, 07:37 PM
My uncle is having problems with his v8 nova!
He reasontly did the change and is experiensing problems with the engine!
>_< I was hopping you could help him!
Please! ^_^

locky
07-10-02, 10:53 PM
We'd all b glad to help, but we need more info on the probs ur uncle is experiancing! (spelling!) post em up and well av a butchers!

Ben (lurk75)
07-10-02, 11:05 PM
what V8 has he actually got in his nova :?: And is it a Vauxhall Nova or a Chevvy Nova :?:

Some pictures would be appreciated :!:

NovaStu
08-10-02, 03:31 PM
Its a v8 engine from a 1970 Mustang!
Shipped from the internet :P
and sorry i dont have a digital camera (YET!)
i will get one soon!

wisewood
08-10-02, 03:38 PM
experiancing! (spelling!)

experiencing - just for future reference locky :D

wisewood
08-10-02, 03:40 PM
novastu - is it actually a vauxhall nova?
if so - how the hell has he got a 1970 mustang v8 in there?

if it is a chevy nova... we may still be able to help with the engine problems, but you aren't quite on the right site... lol

NovaStu
08-10-02, 03:43 PM
no its just a normal nova gte!
him and his mates.. are mechanics.. i dont know how they got in in there :S

locky
08-10-02, 04:04 PM
In or on????? Roof comes into mind!

NovaStu
08-10-02, 05:54 PM
?? What do you mean ??
squeeeeeeeeeeeal

Ric 16v
08-10-02, 07:37 PM
a v8 in a nova, :o :o :o no offence but I DON'T THINK SO !!!!!!it would be far too heavy, remember that v6 nova kept killing the suspension just think what a v8 would do !!!!! would need pics too believe it

NovaStu
08-10-02, 08:22 PM
Like i said i gotta get the pics!
so soon as i get my camera!
or a scanner! :(
i think it has very stiff strong suspension!

NovaStu
08-10-02, 08:26 PM
I'm sure the engine has been modified with either Titanium or firbre glass bits a pieces! NOT ALL OF IT LOL!
someone just said to me over MSN to try a Jag v12! :P

big_steve_x
08-10-02, 08:37 PM
no comment on this one i'm afraid, but if that V6 ONLY JUST fitted, there's no chance a V8 would ever go in, so, i think someone is tellin pork pies maybe!

NovaStu
08-10-02, 08:39 PM
lol.. porkie pies
NO i dont lie heh.. but i will get you a pic.. at least the engine!
:twisted: its POWERFUL!

Dicko
09-10-02, 01:58 AM
i can smell something

funny how it sundenly developed lightened parts when we sugested it would be too heavy

Anonymous
09-10-02, 10:41 AM
If they are talented enoguh to get it in there, i cant imagine they are goign to need much help with getting it running.
I guess its a 3.5v8 rover lump IF it even exists.

Only way i can think of driving the front wheels would be to use an adapator plate and fit in on an austin princess gearbox, thats how they tend to do fwd v8 minis.

Personally im skeptical to the existance of the vehicle in question though TBH.

I look forward to seeing the pictures which will provem me wrong though!

Chip

match
09-10-02, 11:33 AM
there is a faint smell of bullshit!!

neva mind pics of the engine lets see it fitted in a nova

Anonymous
09-10-02, 02:12 PM
I kind of assumed that was what people meant, anyone can buy a snotty old rover v8 for a couople of hundred quid, its fitting it thats the mission!
Actaully fitting it is a piece of cake really, its getting drive to the wheels and connectiing up the gear linkages etc that is dififcult!

Chip

GR
09-10-02, 02:59 PM
What exactly is your ' uncles problem ' then ?

NovaStu
09-10-02, 03:24 PM
i can smell something

funny how it sundenly developed lightened parts when we sugested it would be too heavy

well i did'nt want to say everything in my first post!
I also can smell something!

Ben (lurk75)
09-10-02, 05:16 PM
As chip said if your uncle can manage to fit it and get it running i think he is more than qualified to sort it out :!:

Your best bet for people to help you is to fill in all the information you have at the start even if its not needed, like What model car, engine, suspension etc etc :!:

wisewood
09-10-02, 05:22 PM
Its a v8 engine from a 1970 Mustang!

so why does everyone keep talking about a v8 rover engine?
lmao.

you tell him to provide all the info and we aint even listening to what he has given so far.

is it front or rear mounted?
if it was mid mounted rear wheel drive it could be possible to squeeze it in - but would take up a hell of a lot of room.

Ric 16v
09-10-02, 05:43 PM
to be quite honest I think this is the bigest load of BULLSHIT ever !!!!! and even if u do get pics who says they havn't been doctored coz we wont know !!!!!! it would need far too much work done to it i.e. strenthening the engine bay (if mounted in the front) suspension etc to even make it driveable !!!! if that v6 engine JUST fit in then I would think u would maybe have to lenghten the car or even widen the front end a little to make the v8 engine fit !!!!!!

Jim
09-10-02, 06:17 PM
Surely the chassi will twist and snap as soon as you get any power down :?:

Saying that I went to an exhaust place today and saw a Caterham with a V8 engine in the front! Now that will be stupidly fast!!!

Post some pics of the V8 Nova and I'm sure we'll be less sceptical.

Jim

Chris LR
09-10-02, 07:17 PM
Right answer some questions, and i'll tell u if i think it's bullshit.

FWD or RWD
Front or Mid Mounted
What V8?
What Suspension?
Whats the cars reg?
Whats holding it in the car?
Whats the handling like?
What was the point?
Has the car got an MOT?
Is it on the road? if so have u told the dvla?

I don't know about you guys on here but I thought Novaload was mainly for road-legal cars. If you and your uncle is going to get any praise we need answers.

Personaly I think it's smells like b*llsh*t

so1o
09-10-02, 09:20 PM
hmmmmmmm lol this so called v8 cracked me up, damn some people think there clever........anyway thought id show a pic of a v8 mustang
http://medlem.spray.se/hallo2/photos/ronald1.jpg

by the way the 1970 mustang is the car i think in the movie fast and the furious the shelby gt..........

Jim
09-10-02, 09:22 PM
The Car in "The Fast and The Furious" is a Dodge Charger. The Shelby Mustang GT is in "Gone in 60 seconds"

Jim

so1o
09-10-02, 09:23 PM
oh yeah i meant gone in 60 seconds, cheers slimy

Jim
09-10-02, 09:25 PM
LOL, no probs :)

mowgli
09-10-02, 10:21 PM
You are all missing the point. This lad is from the Isle of widget, I have seen some fine vehicles over there, ok most were pulling caravans. Give him & his uncle the benefit of the doubt, he could be putting together a serious drag racer. After all, I once saw a v8 powered reliant kitten.

By the way, I have got a rover v8 engine, I'll have a measure up, you never know...... It has got 16 valves.

Chris LR
10-10-02, 07:30 PM
Ok i'll hold back on my critisism. However I would like to see some pictures.

By the way, a V8 has to have at least 16 valves in order to run.

total_vauxhall
11-04-11, 08:41 PM
dunno weather this post is bull or not , thought every one in this day and age had a camera . but a 3.5 rover motor does fit in a nova running rover box and jag diff . motor sits about 6" into the bulk head , as for suspension you would need to use big coilovers on the front ect . alot of work but it can be done ( anything can be done with cash and time ) . but i would like to see picks of this one . but as i say i can vouch that a 3.5 rover deffo fits dunno about any other v8 motors though:thumb:

mowgli
11-04-11, 08:48 PM
the rover v8 is massive compared to the mustang v8. and the ford one produces 100 more hp in std, pre-emissions spec.

its funny that we never heard or saw anything more of him, or his uncle.

Pistol Pete
11-04-11, 08:49 PM
dunno weather this post is bull or not , thought every one in this day and age had a camera . but a 3.5 rover motor does fit in a nova running rover box and jag diff . motor sits about 6" into the bulk head , as for suspension you would need to use big coilovers on the front ect . alot of work but it can be done ( anything can be done with cash and time ) . but i would like to see picks of this one . but as i say i can vouch that a 3.5 rover deffo fits dunno about any other v8 motors though:thumb:

You searched out and age old thread, just to add that?!

Jack
11-04-11, 09:00 PM
Thou shalt not bump old threads.

LOL @ a V6 breaking suspension though. Mine is fine :p