PDA

View Full Version : no brakes

novait
08-08-08, 08:47 AM
hi all im having trouble with my brakes.lol. ive read throught the fourm to try and see if i could find the answer but having the same problem as every one else.

rite i fitted 2.0 16v front brakes with braided hoses all round yesterday.
bleed all the brakes no air to be seen took it out for a test and the pedal is about and inch from the floor befor the brakes work.
so i tryed bleeding the brakes again, still no air pedal still the same.
so tryed a new mc and bleed again no air again but still no pedal.

i replaced the servo about a week ago and the clips are on fine,

any idears

Ernie
08-08-08, 09:12 AM
Sorry cant help as never had this problem when i have fitted them.Have you blead the hole system as in starting at the rear drivers side then rear passenger side then drivers front then the passenger front.Once done go round and do it again as always worked for me.
Lee's old sr was a bit gay once but think he sorted it out in the end.
Hope you get it sorted.

novait
08-08-08, 09:26 AM
yea thats how i blead them 3 times yesterday.lol..i will give it enought go today and hope it works.

Welsh Dan
08-08-08, 03:41 PM
Try a pressure bleed kit.

AlexW
08-08-08, 04:00 PM
I suggest getting somthing to push the pedal down overnight, it worked on mine, i had the same problem. no matter if i used pressure bleed kits or anything!.

craig green
08-08-08, 05:10 PM
and the clips are on fine,

any ideas

Assume you mean the pad retaining clips????

You seen my WIP thread post about the clips being on wrong & having the same symptoms as you??

mowgli
08-08-08, 07:30 PM
I know this comment is in the village idiot section, but are the calipers on the right way up? I once worked at a commercial brake workshop, & my manager, who'd had 35 years experience with brakes managed to fit the calipers on upside down on his westfield...........

novait
09-08-08, 12:39 PM
lol the brakes are the rite way up and the clips are fitted rite. found two problems so far
1) the nsf caliper slider bushes had worn and the caliper was liffting away from the discs. got new caliper fitted and blead.so fronts are ok
2) there is loads of air in the rear, no matter how many times i bleed it there is air still there.. there is no leaks so were is the air coming from.. master cylinder?

any idears

brainsnova
09-08-08, 01:11 PM
have you got the fluid topped up while your bleeding

novait
09-08-08, 01:16 PM
yes..

brainsnova
09-08-08, 01:31 PM
just keep bleeding it until no air bubbles come out :thumb:

AlexW
09-08-08, 01:53 PM
Read my post, I had the same prob with the rears, i did what i said and then bleed the back again and it worked.

novait
09-08-08, 01:56 PM
ok cheers guys...

jimbob-mcgrew
09-08-08, 03:02 PM
Lee's old sr was a bit gay once but think he sorted it out in the end.

lol brakes temp. batting for the other side, but u managed to turn em back :thumb: