PDA

View Full Version : Pipes on the Air Filter Box???

MattyWoo
07-10-02, 07:20 PM
Should my 88F 1.2 Merit have two pipes coming off the air filter box (Vacuum hose and Breather hose) Because mine only has the breather hose???
Cheers
Matt

Manta Mad
07-10-02, 08:32 PM
Trying to think of the connections on this one, seem to remember a vacuum hose connection underneath - is there a moulded stub connection on the plastic housing that looks like there should be a pipe attached? - possibly next to or near the breather connection.

Dicko
07-10-02, 08:53 PM
its usually on the carb itself, a small metal stub sticking out, then s small rubber hose joining it to a stiff plastic tube whic hruns to the distributor. this advances the timing during higher revs and advanced throttle.

MattyWoo
07-10-02, 09:14 PM
Yeah there is a stubby bit next to the breather pipe which is why i asked. Where is the hose from there meant to go to???

Manta Mad
07-10-02, 11:57 PM
Its a while since I worked an a 1.2 carb model and I think it could be one of 2 connections-

Either from the air cleaner housing to the carb - if there is a spare stub connection on the carb or more likely from the air cleaner housing to the tubular part (inlet duct) at the front of the air cleaner. There is usually a hose connected in here to control the vacuum flap which allows hot air drawn in over the exhaust or cold air from the front of the duct.

This runs back to a temperature sensor inside the air cleaner housing.

snapper
08-10-02, 02:23 PM
there wasn't a temperature sensor on the 1.2's, not on mine or my mates at any rate. i think they came in the sr's.

anywho, the small moulded bit on the bin lid is for the vacuum hose and there's a small metal connector on the back of the 1b1 carb, on the throttle linkage side (left...)

mine isn't connected up so i'm curious as to what it does now :?