PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Confuses me...

Stuart
07-08-08, 11:24 AM
I got my renewal through from Chris Knott, it was £550 from last years £490.... I queried it and was told its the increases and also a £15 renewal fee WTF!!!!!!

Anyhooo, I went off to Admiral to get a multi car quote for the VX, the Astra and the nova.
£625 for all 3 cars, broken down as £340 for the VX, £172 for the Astra and the nova was £112.

Awesomeness as the Astra is currently £380 and the nova was £180 lol.
And bear in mind Admiral wanted £650 to Insure the VX on its own lmao

I've no idea if you need to keep the cars at the same addresses etc but multicar quotes seem to be the way forwards :thumb:

wisewood
07-08-08, 11:29 AM
I think all vehicle insurance should be nationalised and run through the government so every class of car has various fixed prices depending on the risk categories for the area, age, driving history.

None of this shopping around - just a simple "you will pay £xxx.xx" or else. lol

Stuart
07-08-08, 12:32 PM
then it becomes a tax..... BAD idea!
but at the same time, a standardised level of cover so that all insurances have the same legal fees, no claims protection etc etc that makes them all so different at the moment, would be good.

mikey14sr
07-08-08, 01:27 PM
I've only ever stuck with the same company for a second year once, as no-one could come close to their price. Every other time I've always changed to somewhere else to blatently take advantage of the new customer discount!

This year was a bit of a no-brainer to switch, flux wanted over £450 to cover the vectra, I got it covered elsewhere for £270!

wisewood
07-08-08, 01:46 PM
Yeah but Stu if it was a "tax" the govt would have more money to improve the roads and stuff. I personally would rather the insurance companies profits went to the government for investment into the country than into the pockets of a few shareholders.

Stuart
07-08-08, 06:21 PM
Yeah but Stu if it was a "tax" the govt would have more money to improve the roads and stuff. I personally would rather the insurance companies profits went to the government for investment into the country than into the pockets of a few shareholders.

wake up sweetie, you were dreaming again..

how much road tax goes back into the roads? :p

Rich
07-08-08, 07:07 PM
They use it on the roads???? that must be a new thing? lol

wisewood
07-08-08, 09:20 PM
I dont care where it gets used to be honest. They can put it into a big pot and spread it out where its needed. NHS, schools... whatever. Whatever, still better that the profits from insurance go to the country than the pockets of the insurance company owners.

L14MNP
08-08-08, 12:39 AM
I think it goes to countries in need, because the UK's NHS, transport network, public schools etc are all of course fine...

NASTYNOVA
08-08-08, 04:46 PM
I think it goes to countries in need, because the UK's NHS, transport network, public schools etc are all of course fine...

where the **** you lookin??

Benn
08-08-08, 08:33 PM
Dude did you reallythink it would go down?lol

L14MNP
08-08-08, 09:48 PM
where the **** you lookin??

lol joke dude

Jack
08-08-08, 10:42 PM
I dont care where it gets used to be honest. They can put it into a big pot and spread it out where its needed. NHS, schools... whatever. Whatever, still better that the profits from insurance go to the country than the pockets of the insurance company owners.
No, it all goes on my expenses claims lol

The road tax increase is currently funding my reborn love of mars bars. I had three today lol