PDA

View Full Version : Hill Climbing

GTE999
06-08-08, 11:47 PM
Hello folks

ive decided to hillclimb my gte. Im really looking for any hints or tips with regards to making the cars engine reliable for the season. Its just the standard 1600 thats in it. I want a decent competitive package but dont want it blowing up every week. Im going to obviously stip it, cage it, change the tank etc but i dont want to modify the engine to the point of destruction. Any help is appreciated.

cheers
craig

p.s wheres the best place to buy a helmet and overalls?

loggyboy
07-08-08, 11:54 AM
Check the classes, often stripping it will put you in a higher class against cars with more tuned engines. Its often best to leave it as is and compete in the standard classes (Its one of the main reasons I havent sprinted the XE, i just do autosolos.)

vaughanmc
07-08-08, 11:56 AM
Nice one mate you'll need to let me know about when your doing these - Me and my dad could come and watch

You should get it up to some trackdays / track-nights at Kames :)

GTE999
08-08-08, 01:11 AM
hi vaughan

the season doesnt start until next april i think. Ive got quite a lot to do, ie obtain a national b license, register with a club etc. Ill be carrying out lots of trackdays to get my driving up to standard. How often do kames run the trackdays/nights?

I think im just going to run the 1600 off carbs at the moment and see how that goes.
craig

Ash
09-08-08, 03:38 PM
I'm looking to enter into a few events next year, I'll probably be in a very high class due to my spec but I'm only doing it for a laugh. Let us (me) know how you get on, may even bump into you at an event

GTE999
10-08-08, 02:23 AM
I'm looking to enter into a few events next year, I'll probably be in a very high class due to my spec but I'm only doing it for a laugh. Let us (me) know how you get on, may even bump into you at an event

cool mate, im joining the lothian car club and cant wait to start. what spec you running. Im gonna run in the standard >1800cc (road tyres) class! Im also doin it just for the heck of it!

craig

vaughanmc
20-08-08, 10:02 PM
Kames do track nights/days quite regularly

Pop onto the site www.eastayrshirecc.co.uk (http://www.eastayrshirecc.co.uk) and see what the score is :)

Let me know if you decide to go up one night/day - Only up the road from me!