PDA

View Full Version : anyone good with angles?

ade
06-08-08, 09:23 PM
Right I'm putting together the final templates for my replacement SR vynal but have come up with a small problem.

At the bottom corner of the door theres a nice curve. The vynal goes on the door but also on the sill and into the rear 1/4 panel.

Ignoring the door, the sill vynal at that corner overlaps the edge and blends round about 20mm so it looks nice and flush when the doors closed.

What I need to know is this - the vynal that goes round the corner - it the template a curve or is it s straight line?

Up the the edge its obviously goona be a curve (and if you cut it to excatly the straight line it would be) but when blending it over wouldnt the curved section be shallower than the straight edges?

I cant get the vynal off in one piece to see because it stretches and tears. I'm sure its a curve but youh know when you look at something for soooo long you mind goes all mental... trying to picture is and I just see the curved lip being shorter than the straight bits...

Anyone?

ade
06-08-08, 09:24 PM
oh - and I cant test it becuase I'm making templates on a computer - and paper isnt as felxible and its p1ssing down outside and now its dark!

stuartyj21
06-08-08, 10:02 PM
ingle angle silver bangle if you had been were i had been you wouldnt have been put in:D

ade
06-08-08, 10:25 PM
eh?

Seriously - anyone help - need to finish this tonight!

stuartyj21
06-08-08, 10:29 PM
do you have another SR you could look at ade to see what way its fitted?

L14MNP
06-08-08, 10:31 PM
vinyl man! lol

novacabrio
06-08-08, 10:41 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101872

those pics of any help?

ade
06-08-08, 11:06 PM
defo are! So they have curved angles

Excellent. That's what I've done...

I'm please to say mine are exactly the same except for the odd indentations along the top edge - not sure what theyre there for as the whole edge for about 20mm is hidden under the bump strip... Mine are solid edges...

Cheers matey!

novacabrio
06-08-08, 11:13 PM
cut outs are for the sticky for the rubbing strips

ade
06-08-08, 11:22 PM
AH - of course! I'll add them in...