PDA

View Full Version : water

Anonymous
06-11-00, 09:20 AM
I went through massive puddle last night & now the accelerator is really soft, I had a look at the carb an air filter it looks like water had come up breather?? Once it felt funny I gave it a right thrashing and haven't noticed any difference in performance?? am I worrying about nothing? Is there any thing I can do to make sure things are okay?

Cheers lads

Dan

Anonymous
06-11-00, 09:28 AM
Well water evapourates. But their's nothing to say it didnt cuase any damage 1st. I dont really know, but if the car is driving ok now, it probably didnt.

Anonymous
06-11-00, 11:20 AM
If you had filled the engine it would have stopped dead and you would need to take the plugs out to turn it over. Chances are you just got water on the electrics.

Anonymous
06-11-00, 11:40 AM
why do you think the accelerator has gone easy to push down?

Anonymous
06-11-00, 06:34 PM
Check the big return spring at the accelerator pedal, possibley snapped coincidentally as you went through the puddle? Also the water may have lubricated the cable, only a longshot!

Anonymous
07-11-00, 08:38 AM
I tell you what keith, that is a long shot, but that is exactly what happened. The spring snapped on the accelerator cable as I went through the puddle. I picked up a new one last night and it is all sorted.