PDA

View Full Version : ROLL-CAGE? & other bits!!

Sid
07-10-02, 11:10 AM
Any places u'd recommend for a light-weight roll cage?

Safety Devices are steel? is that too heavy???
I want aluminium right??

How much is Fearless? what other people??

Sid@NovaStyle.co.uk

Sid
07-10-02, 11:18 AM
How much are all the bolts and clips for the wings, headlights, window glass, and also the rubber surrounds??
and central locking mechanisms?? oh, and bonnet too?

Would it be cheaper for me to buy a car from salvage rather than try to get these parts seperately??

Ste_Nova
07-10-02, 12:22 PM
i've got a safety devices one with the front/rear cage with door bars and front triangulation :twisted:

Ben (lurk75)
07-10-02, 04:55 PM
I got a full safety devices one too, at the end of the day they are the ones used by MOST of the works cars and are built for competion and are considerably light weight.

(safer than what some guy has welded together in his garage :o )

Dan
07-10-02, 06:45 PM
I have just finished fitting my omp cage, aswell as being 100 notes cheaper it has the same safety marks as the above i.e fia certificate and number. it is a front and rear set up with rear diagonal and weighs in at 26kg

?Marty?
07-10-02, 11:47 PM
I've got Fearlesses one. ?600 it was (?475 for cage with rear diagonal, and ?125 for rear strut-brace). Best looking cage you can get, in my opinion, and i'm not really bothered with safety, only with looks.

Though if i did the car all over again, I'd probably get a full front and back with door bars weld in cage, and have it powder coated a wikkid colour. Though then I'd take the car the whole motorsport route. With a FULL leather interior. :lol:

v1nce
09-10-02, 06:43 PM
I want aluminium right??

sorry but :lol: aluminium is about the softest metal ull find so doesnt make a good cage. the stuff ure looking 2 use is T45 which is a higher grade of steel then the cold drawn steel normally used so the wall sections of the tubing use is thinner. reducing wieght

saftey device specify it as a option. BUT it cost ???

BTW ordered me saftey device half street cage last week. 100 quid

[/quote]

djp_y2k
09-10-02, 07:32 PM
I've got a safety devices full cage.

Cant use aluminium. to soft I would have thought.

ollster
10-10-02, 11:53 PM
BTW ordered me saftey device half street cage last week. 100 quid
, where did you get this from if you dont mind me asking?

v1nce
12-10-02, 08:53 AM
demon tweeks