PDA

View Full Version : 1300

Leeboo
06-08-08, 01:08 AM
I could't find anything in the search, so,

To put a 1.3 ohc astra mk2 engine (13S same as SR Nova) into a 1.0,

You need driver's side ohc mount.

1.0 shafts fit the astra 4 speed box. 1.0 Linkage ok????

Use 1.0 wiring loom, but I think you need to run a return for the ignition or something? Can someone explain that further?

Cheers.

Leeboo
06-08-08, 05:21 PM
^:d

Welsh Dan
06-08-08, 05:52 PM
Your existing gear linkage will be fine, you will need a nova drivers side OHC mount, and you will need to run a fresh ignition live wire from the ignition switch to the 1.3 coil.

Leeboo
06-08-08, 05:54 PM
Ok he's got the mount ;) Cheers.

garyc
06-08-08, 08:55 PM
it will need the box to match, the threads are different in the 1.0 F10.

mowgli
06-08-08, 08:58 PM
i think the mk2 1300 rh engine mount is actually the right one anyway, the mk1 mounts were identical, & I don't think it was updated

Leeboo
07-08-08, 01:31 AM
Cheers dudes, help is appreciated.

The astra 4 speed box and Nova ohc drivers side mount is all there along with radiator and fan from the astra too. Coolant pipes will have to be made from a mix of Nova 1.0/Astra 1.3 items.

Andy
07-08-08, 06:27 PM
Your existing gear linkage will be fine, you will need a nova drivers side OHC mount, and you will need to run a fresh ignition live wire from the ignition switch to the 1.3 coil.
Why do you have to do that? mine worked off the existing wires???

Welsh Dan
07-08-08, 09:51 PM
The 1L OHV units apparently have a resistive wire to the coil.

Andy
07-08-08, 11:05 PM
Err i dont really understand mate? I connected mine to the same colours and it runs fine,where would this wire go from and to which colour please?
Ive just done the exact same conversion last weekend.Sorry to hijack the thread btw but i suppose it benefits us both lol

Leeboo
07-08-08, 11:32 PM
Any info posted is welcomed Andy.

That's interesting, that you didn't have to run the new wire. Also, you using the automatic choke?

Cheers dudes.

mowgli
08-08-08, 07:39 PM
Err i dont really understand mate? I connected mine to the same colours and it runs fine,where would this wire go from and to which colour please?
Ive just done the exact same conversion last weekend.Sorry to hijack the thread btw but i suppose it benefits us both lol

Did you change the coil??????

If you didn't, then the car will probably run with the old coil....
BUT usually the car needs the correct coil setup for each model.

some cars run the resistive wire so the coil runs at '6v' during normal operations. but when starting, this is not powerful enough to cause a spark, so there is an extra wire coming out of the starter solenoid that runs back to the coil to give it 12v(or close to it) when the starter is cranking..

if there is a mismatch, the dizzy internals can get burnt away

Andy
09-08-08, 11:33 AM
It has the new coil on it yes,and started up 1st go.i just joined the 1litre green to the green on the coil plug and 1litre black to the black on the plug,obviously the other 2 are for the dizzy.Which wire is the rev counter? Also when doing my conversion i noticed i had a couple of connections "spare" lol but everything seems to be fine.I presumed these were not needed lol

Andy
09-08-08, 11:36 AM
Any info posted is welcomed Andy.

That's interesting, that you didn't have to run the new wire. Also, you using the automatic choke?

Cheers dudes.
Its not working but is plumbed in from the water pipes etc so i guess it needs the wires connecting to something but im unsure what you have to wire them to??? Also as with all pierburg carbs the auto choke has probably shat its pants lol Im after a weber 32/34 for mine

Leeboo
09-08-08, 09:50 PM
Ah ok lol, I don't usually use my manual choke anyway.

Does the throttle cable fit straight onto the Pierburg?

Did you use the 1.0 radiator? What coolant pipes did you use?

How did you get round the brake vacuum, as the 1.0 one doesn't fit straight to the 1300 inlet?

Lastly, what did you do about the fuel return? Can it be bypassed?

Cheers :) .

Andy
09-08-08, 10:40 PM
You need an sr throttle cable as the 1litres is like a ball joint and the pierburg connection is like slot in type cable so it wont fit.I used an Sr radiator although im not sure if theres any difference?? Used all my coolant pipes but you have to cut some and bend them into place.Im sure i used my servo pipe you undo the nut to get it off,Lastly i used an sr tank as the 1l doesnt have a return.I have heard that you can use a t piece connection and use the 1l tank.Any other info needed just ask,hope this helps.

Leeboo
10-08-08, 12:19 PM
Ah right so the throttle cable is needed.

Well the astra radiator is there so maybe it will fit! Most of the astra pipes are there too.

The brake vacuum just looks like a different fitment to the inlet manifold than the 1.0? This stage hasn't been reached anyway.

Mmmm an SR tank would be very hard to come by over here in NI, the 1.0 tank is really the only option. How would you plumb in the fuel return? Does anybody know anymore about what needs doing to the fuel return?

Thanks Andy.

Andy
10-08-08, 04:33 PM
The astra rad wont fit into your holes in your crossmember,the servo pipe should be the same mate.As for the return,run it from the carb then put the t piece in the main line from the tank (at the tank maybe best) then connect the return line to it.1200 tanks also have the return,just the 1litres that had single feed.How far on are you??

Leeboo
10-08-08, 04:49 PM
The astra rad fits into the holes in the crossmember but its too tall and doesn't fit under the Nova slam panel. It would have been good to use the bigger rad but ah well, the 1.0 rad should be up to the job.

The the 1.0 inlet vacuum screws onto threads that protrude from the inlet and face out? And the 1300 inlet vacuum connection screws 'into' the inlet. The threads face inwards?

Well if a T piece is used to run the return back into the main line, would a valve or something be needed too?

The ohv is out. 1300 fitted with a new clutch and a corsa 5 speed box, all ready to bolt in!! Cheers.

Andy
10-08-08, 05:12 PM
lol it was 11.30 on a friday night when i tried that rad lol either way i knew it didnt fit lol Sounds like your getting on nicely with it.Ill ask my mate about the servo pipe he may have connected that bit up as we was both doing it.

Leeboo
10-08-08, 05:21 PM
Lol. :thumb: Cheers.

Andy
11-08-08, 08:54 AM
What would the auto choke wire to anyone have any ideas?