PDA

View Full Version : alloys wheels and lowering springs.

baha_guy
06-10-02, 08:17 PM
:arrow: I am thing of lowering my car but what is the best hight to lower it to? and i am getting a set of alloys wheels what is the best size to get to make the car to look good.
:roll:

Nova-Flair
06-10-02, 09:32 PM
it all depends what u r prepared to sacrifice in terms of ride quality and practicality. it is possible to get 19's on a nova but would involve major arch work and your handling would be fcuk'd. same with the suspension. the best combination in my opinion would be a 40mm drop on 15's as this is still practical but looks good.

?Marty?
07-10-02, 12:55 AM
Get 17's on. Hardly any work and looks best. In my opinion.

olly55
07-10-02, 10:21 AM
here here 17s rule! (if icud decide on wat ones!!)
althought 18s aint much more work than 17s really

ade
07-10-02, 11:18 PM
It all depends on the current spec of the car you have.

15's are the "norm" as they should go on with no probs - no arch rolling, rear arch modifying etc providing you have the correct offset (et45-49)

Theres a good selection too

As for lowering - make sure you get full kit springs n dampers as you will get a better ride quality - dont be tempted to just get lowered springs - you will knacker the original suspension (more wear) and it wont lower them that much. Also, you need to tie strap them down or they'll fall out the back!

IMO 60mm are excellent - slams the car dead low. I noticed the handling change but for the better rather rhan the worse.

For extra stability fit front/rear antis - usually fitted on standard on 1.3's and up (i think)

Ade