PDA

View Full Version : will it fizz or will it bang...

ade
04-08-08, 05:17 PM
lol driving to work this morning and heard a fizzing noise coming from the bottom of my car by my right foot.,

Thought it was feedback on my stereo (New Order playing at the time) - pulled over and it went away - only seemed to "fizz" when I accelerated.

Turned the stereo off and it was still there so started to bash the underside of the dash with my knee and it sort of stopped.

I think it was coming from my fuse box - didnt smell anything burning though and fuse box and fuses seem okay.

:tard:

Anyone any ideas? It didnt bang in the end and went away totally once I returned home and grabbed the large house powder fire extinguisher from the cupboard!

lol

Mike
04-08-08, 05:20 PM
Let it go kapoowie :D

vaughanmc
04-08-08, 05:20 PM
A bit off topic but was is Blue Monday ?? :)

Riggy
04-08-08, 05:55 PM
lol i thought it was goin to be a like to brainiacs lol , will it fizz or bang :thumb:

Jack
04-08-08, 06:08 PM
Interference on speaker?

paul james
04-08-08, 06:29 PM
One of the relays in the fuse box perhaps, they can make noises if theres a problem.

ade
05-08-08, 11:32 AM
A bit off topic but was is Blue Monday ?? :)

Oh such a youngster! New Order Blue Monday is an absolutely classic electronic 80's dance tune - timeless.

Was released in 1984 - remixed in 1988 and then done again in 2002 (?) when Kylie Minogue (goddess) had her track "cant you out of my head" overlayed with Blue Monday and recalled "cant get Blue Monday out of my head" -

BRILLIANT!

I'll play it to you at the meet...

:thumb::cool:

calibra-keith
05-08-08, 01:47 PM
it could be a relay, same happened to my mates mk1 golf cab gti was ok for a few days after then burnt out turns out it was a fuel relay (with the extra letter on end 50 pund new lol )

my sri makes a wizzing (or fizzing :wtf: ) in the same place but goes away after about 5 mins and its been like that since iv known the car.

this is prob no help like but who knows lol

vaughanmc
05-08-08, 03:29 PM
Nice one mate - You played it at PVS to demonstrate your speakers :D

I'll look forward to it

ade
11-08-08, 01:13 AM
so I did lol...