PDA

View Full Version : good bye licence!

dan16v
06-10-02, 07:23 PM
god dam pigs! got done today for speeding on the motorway sat in traffic all fcuking day gave it a bit n got pulled :x average speed of 109.7MPH im well up shit lane! ive got 3points already so what you reckon ill get? i will hope for 6points, fine and retake test? how much would the fine be?
what a slag least ill be banned for the winter! ill still be at pod cause it takes a while for my court date to come through :roll:
any tips you lot got?! i forgot to ask if the vehicle had the calibration certificate is it worth saying in court fink ill just go guilty the got camera evidence! :cry:

Dan
06-10-02, 08:03 PM
Harsh mate :roll: , but to annoy u some more if you get a git on yer court date then the letter of the law does state over 100mph is ban, i'd look for that and if u get less its a bonus :| .

Also dont go looking for excuses or asking about calibration cos u will just wind em up further. The best way is to put hands up and say fair enough cos u was caught red handed and u know it. I know alot of peeps would try that trick but it very rarely works and they will be watching for you afterwards to get u again (Me baby bro had this prob)

But hope to see you at pod with the rest of the n/loaders :lol: as it norm takes a good month for court appearence

dan16v
06-10-02, 09:15 PM
thats what i reckon m8 but do i still get a fine +points or is it an out right ban?
also ive heard from the time they begin tracking me i have to be pulled over with in quarter of a mile?
first mod whilst banned= snooper lol!

spanishfly
06-10-02, 09:31 PM
ok what is ur job???
if u drive to make a living or need the use of car (say ur house is over 20 miles from ur work) u can plea that the court give u a greater fine and doen't ban u due to u losing ur job if u lose licence!!!
pm me if u need advise!!

?Marty?
07-10-02, 01:38 AM
Shiiiiit! Sorry to hear that pal. I'm not far from putting up a similar post myself, as i have 9 points and it's only a matter of time before i get another 3.

Wouldn't be a problem if you were Becham or John Prescot, or whatever. The fuckers.

dan16v
07-10-02, 10:24 AM
yea it suxs ass like i thought a ton isnt realy that fast on the motorway as the avrage speed in middle lane is 80ish! neva mind ill just have to take wat they give me!

carltoncrazy
07-10-02, 10:30 AM
ok,they will look at the circumstances(cantspell) u did it in,
i.e 5 pm on a friday,ur fucked.
2am on a tuesday,they will probley scare the shit outa ya and give u a fine to suit.
if you drive for a living MAKE THAT CLEAR.they will give u a fine,or worse case a month ban,however a month ban is rare,very rare.
i have been done over 100 alot,but never been done,
if you were driving say a 2000 BMW,they`d let you off probley,reason being is that vechel is able to handle that speed safly.
but you were drving a nova,u have boy racer next to ya name,and even if u have 20.16v and big brakes etc,still not a new saloon isit?
the courts r so used to people trying to blag there way out,so jus say yep me,my fault no reason jus wanted to get home etc.
dont blame the cops cause they were doing there jobs.so its not there fault.seriously SUCK UP TO THEM.may sound shit but works.
so what time did u do it?wot u driving?
i got caught in the SR at 117 and the guy let me off coz he was amazed i culde do it,
neva again.

GR
07-10-02, 10:33 AM
I got three points three months after passing my test in June 2001. Just gotta stay clean until next June (2003) and i'm allowed back up to the standard 12 again.

This is the case isn't it ?

Sorry to hear about that mate, i'm on the M4 nearly all the time and i constantly see people going 100+ , just sods law says you get nicked coz your already on 9pts.

Chin up mate.

locky
07-10-02, 12:37 PM
When i had my car accident i had to do a driving improvement course(a 2 day drive basically), just to say that i am a competant driver, ther was a couple of people on the course that got done for speeding, its just a slap on the wrist and costs 110 quid! plea for that! if u can! it'd b better and chaeper, also i learned alot off the bloke that took me, he was shit hot on driving!

dan16v
07-10-02, 06:34 PM
yea will look into it! it was bout 3 30 on a sunday i was in the valver unforunatly! oh well ill try to get as many tips as poss realy off you guys

carltoncrazy
07-10-02, 08:48 PM
sorry m8,but i think ya fucked 2 b honest

Ben (lurk75)
07-10-02, 11:25 PM
Basically as everyone else has said, but really i know it will hurt but you just gotta kiss there ass :!:

Good luck :!:

?Marty?
08-10-02, 12:02 AM
You only get the option of the Drivers Awareness Course if you get 3 points.

Argue about stopping distances (well, get a lawyer to anyway). They were set aaaages ago, when roads were full of Morris Minors and shitty cars with 'drums all round', and also apply to the average family saloon.

If you could prove that your car is capable of out-stopping those distances, then, assuming they were kept at a set constant, you would (in theory) be able to drive at a higher speed without affecting the safety. i.e. driving at 70 mph in another car is the same as driving 100 mph in yours.

Also, think of mitigating circumstances you might have to use in defence of getting a ban e.g. if it would affect your (and aspecially your families, if you have one) financial security.

Mingle
08-10-02, 01:19 PM
Sorry to say this but you are up **** creak. When i got clocked with a average of 98.22mph they we're trying to ban me. I got 3 old gits who we're really trying to screw me over. I only didn't get banned because i needed my car for uni and i got a few letters saying that i was a responisble person etc. I got a ex police offer and my uni tutor to do these. Next thing i can recommend is going to the citizen advice bureau and speaking to one of there lawyers. If you can afford it go to a proper lawyer and talk through your case. When you go to the magistrates court they'll take you as any other boy racer so try to be as polite as you possibly can. To be honest though 107 mph is bad and i think a few month ban is coming your way :(

Btw Lo again all lol

Freak
08-10-02, 02:50 PM
You will get:
28 day ban, 3-6 points and a fine.
Or six points, and a much bigger fine.

That seems to be the most common punishments dished out by the beak for that speed.

Just hope the magistrate got some the nite before and hes in a good mood.

mikesri
08-10-02, 04:25 PM
I'm not going to mention n e thing about what we said about taking it easy on the way home that day! Whoops slipped out!!! :roll: :roll: I would seriously recommend getting a lawyer :!: , i had 1 and he was shit hot i'll give you his number. I pleaded that i needed my licence for work and that if i lost it i would lose my job and would be fcuked! Also you have gotta suck cock in the court room cos the politer you r the less you look like sum dangerous little boy racer! Trust me 9 points later :o and i've started to slow down a hell of a lot!!!

locky
08-10-02, 05:11 PM
I got an idea 4 u 2 try! Well, i wouldnt do it nor recommend it, but, put a set of 20" wheels on it, a huge profile tyre, and just say ur speedo is out! prob aint worth the hassle either!

?Marty?
08-10-02, 06:03 PM
Shiiiiiit! Just read my previous reply. Was i smokin' something illegal? Coz my 'advice' was seriously dodgy. :lol:

Locky - won't work mate. Though it'd be a good thing to do to prevent speeding, as you'd be watching it so your tyres don't catch.

Now, for some real life , common sense advice:
If you get banned, get a secon-hand motor bike. Pay cash. Meet the bloke in a car-park. Wear a disguise (or e very big beard). Don't register it. Don't insure it. Make sure you have a tinted visor and never take your helmet off in public. Hide the bike at night (in your house, or something). If the police chase you you'll have to ride it through places with bollards and etc, and may even have to 'dump' it. Hence, why not to have it connected to you (by registering). Bad boy rider, comin up behind ya. Shu'd 'ave never fucked wit me!

:lol:

Sorry. There's nothing much you can really do mate. Just wait and see what happens.
If you get banned you'll feel even worse if you sucked cock/licked arse before hand.

avon_nova
11-10-02, 12:41 AM
Hi mate it's the other Dan 16v that bought ur wheels and cage. And b4 that those springs.

Shit man jus read all this, don't worry nearly every1 gets clobbered at some point, same thing happened 2 me when i had my GTE.

Got caught doin 117mph!!! on the M1 goin up north. The bastard pig was on a motorway bridge with a hand held radar thing just as i was doin a bit of a top speed run, u know as u do... Sort of spotted him from a distance, braked and locked up! then thought fuck it and put foot down again! Digidash was saying 130 before i braked so could've been worse.. Was agonising thinking, did he get me or not?! Git!! :?

Anyway i didn't get to court for about 5 months after or summat, took bout 2 months till the papers came through. Actually was late goin on the way to court, left it a bit late, it was in northampton and i'm in berkshire so ended up doin 100+ on the a roads to get there!
Imagine gettin pulled then, "where the hell are you goin in a hurry?" you say "sorry ociferrr, i'm in a rush to get banned!" hehe :twisted:

I got my boss- who thought it was funny- to write me a letter saying i'm a top bloke and need a car for work, which i didn't - it doesn't matter they don't check- the judges went out of the room for bout 10 mins reading this and discussing it. :|

When they returned they just asked me why i was going that fast, and i said " i didn't think my car did that speed" lol stupid answer but that's what i came up with under pressure! :o

There's like 5 of the gits in there, 3 right at the back - the judgey people, a prosecutor- who was actually quite fit - trying to grill me, and an usher - not that usher rapper but some old tart who tells you when to sit down, stand up an shit.

Anyway my final lame excuse was i'd just split up with my bird and was really upset and i wasn't concentrating on what speed i was doin! Thay didn't believe me but they can't call you a liar can they! These people have heard every fuckin excuse under the sun, they hear it everyday, but it sounded better than sayin "well it was an open road, i was ragging the shit out of my nova too see how fast it would go!" :lol:

When i got caught i was actually goin 2 pick some corbeau seats up from this matey in grimsby, (if ur readin this say ello). On the way back i was doin a steady 90 ish in the middle lane - with saabs bimmers mercs an stuff goin past me in the fast lane - and i get pulled over an given ?60 fine and 3 points! :evil: He said "ur lucky it's not six because u were doin over a hundred" which i wasn't ( and if ur readin this, u pig, ur wifes crap in bed). :wink:

Well the court knew about this so they might have given me slight aptitude for gettin busted twice in a few hours, but for doin 117mph i got no points and a seven week ban (49 days), ?80 fine + ?30 ish court costs. Which wasn't too bad.

When u get a ban under 50 summat days they said u don't get points, somethin like that.

Good luck and don't let the system get u down, it's gonna get a lot worse but at least they don't cut your hands off yet.

And remember: Points win Prizes :P

dan16v
12-10-02, 05:37 PM
thanxs m8 did you get the roll cage in ok? yea im gunna say coz the car wasnt in my name at the time that i wasnt use to the power and i took me by suprise as soon as i realised what i was doing i slowed back down :x