PDA

View Full Version : camber adjustment

blackpoolbouncer
04-08-08, 02:24 PM
hi folks,looking to get a camber adjustment kit as ive gone clean through a set of proxes in less than 1k due to it being lowered 60-80mm. now ive found the kits but the camber is only adjustable by either 1.5 or 1.75 degrees,is this usually enough to stop excessive inner tyre wear? if not does anyone know of any kits that will do the job.possibly links? will it be a case of put up with it at 1.75 degrees better than it is now or buy ecentric top mounts? would like it to be right really and 1.75 degree doesnt sound like it is going to do the job to me :confused:
cheers folks

Rexy
04-08-08, 02:46 PM
run cheap tyres :D Neg camber is for winners lol

blackpoolbouncer
04-08-08, 02:54 PM
even running cheapo tyres im still going to be going through them at an astronomical rate and thats me going relatively steady and not being over zealous with my concrete right foot on the back lanes.I cant do really cheap tyres i enjoy having a certain degree of grip.wacked a set of enduro runway ditchfinder specials on my gsi rims on this morning to make it legal again and after having 205/45/16 proxie t1r's i dont feel safe driving with cheap tyres.i care too much about my nova to run cheap tyres because i fear i will find a ditch sooner or later if i leave the enduros on lol

Iain
04-08-08, 04:19 PM
Out of interest, what kits did you find to give you those changes in camber?

craig green
04-08-08, 05:18 PM
Quick easy fix is to file the holes in the turret outwards, move the struts out slightly & if you are keen, weld the new position over with a washer. Then get your tracking re-set.

You can also elongate one of the holes in the lower strut to knuckle mounts & adjust it that way. Track it up again.

blackpoolbouncer
04-08-08, 05:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-ASTRA-VECTRA-CORSA-NOVA-CAMBER-ADJUST-KIT_W0QQitemZ350083695714QQihZ022QQcategoryZ10404Q QcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
https://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=16680%7D&cat=1732&page=
there are two of the kits i found,
cheers for that folks,doing it myself was my original intention,was just wondering if there was a suitable kit on the market without going down the adjustable top mounts route
looks like its gonna be an afternoon of grinding,adjusting,checking and repeating the process over and over again till its right,cheers folks

DTR-DEVIL
05-08-08, 12:26 PM
I Have a bad camber problem on my right wheel, i ran standard shocks and springs on my mk1, then after i fitted my Spax RSX's it made it worse. i too had a camber over 1.75 and have tried the camber bolts that are on ebay. There **** tbh, not sure if they didnt work cause im running coilies but i think im gonna have to resort to Eccentric's.

Craigs got a good idea but i dont fancy drilling my £500 coilies lol