PDA

View Full Version : gsi conversion

jim sri
06-10-02, 06:12 PM
thanks for all posts regarding the swap from a 1400sr to gsi lump.
i will be swapping the gsi lump in with the ecu and injection system as most people seem to think the twin 40's are a lot of hassle!
what i need to know is:-
:arrow: do i need the gsi driveshafts?
:arrow: do i need the gsi fueltank,as i have read on here in some posts that this is also different to sr tank??
:arrow: is there any other parts you think i should source before the conversion, as i want it to run smoothly once my engine is out.

Aragorn
06-10-02, 07:12 PM
i think youll need the lump and box, drive shafts, fueltank, fuel pump, fuel lines, radiator,

Dicko
06-10-02, 07:15 PM
when i can be assed ill do a full list

you dont need the driveshafts

u will need the f13 or f15 gearbox, preperably the box that come with the gsi engine.

yes u defo need the fuel tank+pump

u will need some 1/2" and some 3/4" high pressure fuel hose, and about 5m of metal fuel line. (cost me ?27 for all this, had loads left after)
about 10 jubilee clips fro various parts of the fuel system

fuel filter
airbox (gsi engine will not work without the metal part of the airbox connected)
some 10amp wire, decent stuff if possible, run a strip down behind the dash then down the side like speaker wires, then drill a small hole in the boot floor (above pump) with a 6mm drill bit, feed the wire through this to the +ve on the fuel pump. run anoth3r wire from the -ve to the chassis to ground it.
try to get some plug conectors as u will need at least 2.
i goes on the fuel tank for the sender unit, the other is for the gearbox unless ur car already has the same plug conector

locky
07-10-02, 12:43 PM
If ur looking for the hoses/pipes, go to a hydraulics firm e.g pirtek, they'll sort you out with the correct stuff if u have any trouble!

jim sri
07-10-02, 06:16 PM
so i have to basically re pipe the fuel system from the tank,under the car&into engine bay etc??is there ne way of avoiding this at all?
are these parts guna have to be got from vaux or are they re usable from donor gsi?
also, b4 it goes in il prob strip engine down, new valve stem oil seals etc+add high lift cam.any other mods anyone can recommend whilst its stripped down?i dont wana spend stupid money though-

Ben (lurk75)
07-10-02, 11:11 PM
Take the entire fule system tank/lines/pump etc from the donor car.

Anonymous
09-10-02, 09:51 AM
better still, run the lines through the car rally slag style!

Chip