PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 SR

Anonymous
05-11-00, 08:04 PM
What do ya reckon.Someone wants to sell me 1.3 SR F plate for ?600 with magnex Back Box 5 months mot,K+N,Nova dose grill(whats that look like)It's done 90k
Do you reckon ity'll pass it's next MOT easily enough and do you reckon it's worth ?600.Help needed before I go to see the motor and anythink to look for would be appreciated.

Ta FRaz

Anonymous
05-11-00, 08:28 PM
could be a bargain but could be pile of shit.do u know the person selling it?check for rust in the arches.test drive it and thrash it to see if it copes

Anonymous
05-11-00, 08:36 PM
Thanks man.I'm gonna meet him @ Crail 1/4 mile strip so I'll give it a good raggin up that and see what It does.How should it feel ie anything a fucked car would do when raggin it?? (I ain't driven many motors only 17)

Anonymous
05-11-00, 10:25 PM
also check for rust on the sills, (where the side skirts get put on), a naff car will shake at 40. (not like mine before you say it!)

cheers

davo

Anonymous
06-11-00, 09:00 AM
Listen for any heavy knocking or banging from the engine, when driving feel for any suspect vibrations. Body wise get on your back under the car with a screwdriver and prod the whole thing. Check the inner wings inside the engine bay, take your time. I rekon you should spend at least 15-20 mins looking round the body at least so you don't get any nasty suprises come MOT time.

Anonymous
06-11-00, 03:32 PM
check for rust around the suspension struts under the bonnet, and turn the car to full lock to see if there is a 'clicking' sound, if there is the CV joints could be knackered, if they are there about ?80 a side to fix.