PDA

View Full Version : Anyone owned/driven/know anything about Fiat Coupe's

Adam*D
03-08-08, 11:32 AM
I might be getting one soon as part of a deal, it's a P reg with 86'000 on the clock NON turbo 20v. Anyone had anything to do with them? I would only be getting it to sell on, recon I'd have any trouble shifting it? what should I be checking for when going to look at it?

mikey14sr
03-08-08, 03:19 PM
Not had specific dealings with coupes but have with other fiats, wipers, washers, door locks are faves for seizing/blocking up it seems. I'd expect the door hinges to take a battering too, fiat doors do tend to be quite heavy.

Other than that the only other things we've had trouble with before are leaking master/slave cylinders for the clutch (bravo), seized cables for the gear change (punto) and engine mounts that crack if you look at them the wrong way(punto again).

Ben
03-08-08, 03:50 PM
Main problem with the 20v fiat engines is th cambelt change as its an engine out job to do, the rule of thumb for them is dont buy one from 60k-80k unless its had a belt change, autodata lists it at 6hrs to do and most charge between £500 for a very cheap job and fiat is about £1200 iirc.

Some people say that they can manage to change them inplace but tbh i have never seen anyone do it, you can drop the engine mount down undo the loom and rack and sort of drop the engine down just enough to do it, but again its nigh on quicker to drop it out.

If you like the styling i think there great cars, have had 20v na Bravo 155HGT which was good fun alo had a 20v marea weekender as a smoker for a while, pretty reliable engines tbh but i do quite like fiats and alfa's.

And its only really worth £1k if it has leather and pretty tidy so would need to be a pretty good deal to earn anything from it, ive paid £150 for one needing a fuel pump.

So basically only question worth asking and you will get asked, have you got proof of cambelt change.

staggy_gsi
03-08-08, 04:41 PM
was just going to say about the cambelt!

we did one a while ago and i can safely say autodata's 6hrs is a complete joke lol unless they can prove its had one i wouldnt bother mate