PDA

View Full Version : brakes

lewisbinney
05-10-02, 05:50 PM
i wanna upgrade my brakes i have 15s on my 1.2 nova and wanna put some gsi/gte or astra brakes on it is it a straight swap or do i need to change things wot fits and wot dosen't adivse please

Dicko
05-10-02, 11:58 PM
astra/cav or wotever 16v brakes are a bit iffy, they usually fit onto 15's. but i know of some people who have hadto grind a little off there calipers to get them to fit right.

GSi/GTE brakes will go straight on

Aragorn
07-10-02, 11:08 PM
ive got the 16v brakes on 14" astra rims so methinks it should be ok

brian
08-10-02, 06:35 PM
as Aragorn said they will fit under astra 14"'s so fitting with 15's should be sound. however the Nova 14" 3 spoke will not clear too well. there is obviously more machined off the inner of the astra rim :|

Anonymous
09-10-02, 09:45 AM
They fit straight on and will work with your existing servo, but tehy feel better with a GTE/Gsi servo.

No clearance problems under 15" rims at all.

Only 14" that generally give a problem are the nova ones as they have a ridiculous lip running all the way round them.

Chip

Dicko
09-10-02, 10:10 AM
thats not exactly true
they usually fit under 15's, but iv known them not to on ocasions if u get the version with 24mm disks.

Anonymous
09-10-02, 10:38 AM
You srue that wasnt cause the wheels were the wrong offset or something? Althgohu saying that most wheels are a lower offset than vauxh anyway.

NO genuine vauxhall 15" wheels will catch on valver brakes, and only the nova 14" ones are a problem.
Cant comment on every signle aftermarket rim, but i have seen literalyl dozens of different 15" aftermarket rims on vauxhalls with no problem at all.

What make of wheel did they catch on? They must have been a VERY unusual shape internally.

Chip