PDA

View Full Version : Insurance-Is this correct??

locky
05-10-02, 09:12 AM
Iv just renewd my insurance with liverpool victoria
Whilst i was on the fone to them i enquired bout how much the insurance would go up by if i dropped a 1.6 16v lump in it. All they sed was it goes down as an engine modification, she checked with som1 else, and they also sed the same.
Also, i do not need to get an engineers report, or nething like that, and i'td only go up by 30 quid!!!!!
Can ne1 tell me wether iv been given the correct info?
Cheers

Ian
05-10-02, 12:55 PM
yeah they only charge 5% loading for any mods

Mingle
08-10-02, 01:25 PM
my insurance is due in febuary so they'll be getting a call from me. Maybe a 1.6 or 2l is the way to sort my engine problems.

Fester
08-10-02, 02:06 PM
be careful i was insured with liv vic until i sold car, and heres how i see things:

i was talking to the guy for fucking ages and basically until youre 21 the car must be insurance group 10 or under. the group the car would ORIGINALLY have been in. so no Nova GTEs for the under 21s.

second although the loading for any mods is well small i am sure you arent covered financially for the mods. fair enough if you manage to build a valver nova for next to nothing its a good way to get cheap insurance, but i am sure if you want the value of anything youve done taken into account (i.e. if you want your ?700 alloys replaced like for like and not some stealies!) you have to make this clear to them and i think they may increase the premium, although i still believe its dirt cheap even if you do this.

im not 100% on this so as ever with insurance problems PHONE UP AND ASK :)