PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Web page

nova dosed
05-10-02, 05:22 AM
This might seem a stupid question but does any 1 know courtney's web paGE (courtney as in the engnine tunning company) plus other web pages which are good on engine swapps and ugrades.

Cheers

Matt Finary
05-10-02, 09:49 AM
www.countenaysport.co.uk

Matt

ollster
05-10-02, 12:07 PM
i wouldnt bother with courtenay unless u have got a very freindly bank manager mate

Doddy
06-10-02, 07:46 PM
:?: How do people rate Courtney as a tuning firm :?:

i have had nothing but problems with them, when ever i bought sfuff off them. I think they don`t know a fcuking thing and they are over priced.

But that`s probably coz they still owe me money. :evil:

ollster
07-10-02, 01:17 AM
this is my opinion : (from a previous post) from my previous experiance i would say they are terrible, heres there list of mess up's so far:

4 wrong cams; when rebuilding mine and my mates engine they wouldnt idle (5th time lucky hey) my mate threated them with court action and also having his credit card company take the money off them for a refund before they finaly gave in and sent him a re-fund. Also courtenay cams arnt courtenay cams, they are piper 270's most of the time (they admited this), and their cams for the calibra turbo are standard astra 16v vale cams!

Wrong exhaust for my sri (i have only just had this re-bent to fit)

wrong rear springs for my nova (it looke like a drag car for a week until they finally sent me the right ones)

and then there is there prices for fitting stuff they are an absalute joke, so has anybody else had problems with them

nova dosed
07-10-02, 03:44 AM
I only asked as it was bugging me i cudnt find there web page oh and that link dnt work :-( i had no idea how much hate there was for them lol sorry i asked so who do u lot rate as good peeps for knowllage then?

yela_nova_rob
07-10-02, 09:56 AM
Novadosed heard your buying an engine of jamie

nova dosed
07-10-02, 10:02 AM
yes m8 (do u mean jamie from kidsgrove way) ive managed to lay my hands on a 1.8 shud go well. Shud be a laugh putting it in as well. Got a cue a mile long of people wanting ago sad tw*ts lol. So if u know any 1 who wants my engine me 1.4 let me know, oh and rob (and dicko if u read this) i dnt wnt it all the way round fez theres a few peeps i wanna scare 1st lmao.

Just had an idea rob why dont u buy my old engine all been done kent cam 4 branch etc loads done.

yela_nova_rob
07-10-02, 10:39 AM
dude you so got race dicko, if i heard his car i avoid it so i dont get wasted, is your engine an sr, or sri, if its sr i may be intrested

nova dosed
07-10-02, 02:18 PM
yea m8 its a 1.4sr engine its not bad either.

And as for dicko he took me out in it the other night and i can honestly say its the quickest nova ive been in so far.

yela_nova_rob
07-10-02, 03:06 PM
mate how much for engine then