PDA

View Full Version : Feature car section (Please read)

Dan
05-10-02, 12:20 AM
Ok everyone read the following...............

This section is for people to show what they have got, it could be a mint finished show worthy car, partial finished but u get the idea, or a shed that with a bit of time can be turned into a show worthy car.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO SLAG PEOPLE

Everyone has their own tastes and budgets so some will be better than others. That doesnt give the excuse to rip into people because they cant afford anything else or because they havent quite finished.

With this in mind i shall be going through these on a regular basis from now on, anymore abuse will result in an instant ban. Its a shit job but there's no excuse for any of it. If you do post anything untoward and get banned then u will only have yourself to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for reading

Dan

Chris_W
05-10-02, 12:30 AM
Guys,
As Dan says, it's our chance to show others what cars we've got, not the chance to shoot people down in flames. Constructive critisim is fine, and in most cases welcomed, but comments of, 'it's a shed' and 'why bother?' are not needed. We've had 3 instances of this recently, and all have resulted in the offending persons being banned. Try and keep this place sensible. Remember, the admin people don't get paid to do this site, they do it because they want to, and things like this only increase their workload. Let's keep this place friendly the way it usually is!

Chris

RobIsGrt18
05-10-02, 12:50 PM
Cud'nt agree wit ya more guys !! people obviously spend a lot of effort on there cars, last thing they need is to be slagged off !

djp_y2k
05-10-02, 01:22 PM
I agree strongly (just hope I havnt done it myself)

If some1 says some thin bad a bout your car, it puts you down loads.

As some1 said constructive critism is cool, as you may get some good advice, but just slaggin each others cars off is just goin to end up with a site full of peeps not talking.

Not a good thing, so keep it nice, and think before you write.

Tilly
06-10-02, 11:07 PM
Totally agree theres no need for bitchy comments. These are peoples pride and joy.
If u cant say anything good keep quiet[/quote]

?Marty?
07-10-02, 01:08 AM
Totally agree with all that.

Even if some-one's got a car that's cover worthy, it doesn't make it better than anyone elses. It just means they've spent more money and time on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

And the guy with the standard motor that's falling to pieces has the potential to take it a step further. If that potential is ever realised.

It aspecially pisses me off when people with 'better'/more expensive material posessions think that that makes them better as a person. No. It does not.

?Marty?
07-10-02, 01:18 AM
But if you have a 'NICE' car don't over do it with the modesty. It's just irritating.

Goin on and on how crap your car is, when (on objective grounds) it is actually a lot better (by which i mean taken further with the modifications) than another's, is almost like saying that the other car is even worse. Whether you realise it or not. (As you probably compare it to what you 'see in your head', and totally overlook the fact that there's a car(s) that's not even close to being as 'advanced' as yours).

GR
07-10-02, 10:22 AM
I just wonder if the people who actually posted the abuse have top of the range, showcase Nova's themselves.

Doubt it very much.

ade
08-10-02, 12:17 AM
Cant the admin just remove the option to post stuff on the galleries?

That would save -

People getting upset about comments made about their cars
Dan going through them taking up his time
Nasty N/Loaders/outsiders slagging cars off for no reason

Just a thought

Ade

Jim
08-10-02, 08:58 AM
We had that option before hand Ade. The idea of allowing people to post comments was introduced when the site changed. Unfortunatley, no one expected a load of bitter Idiots to come on the site and start slagging off other peoples cars. :|

?Marty?
08-10-02, 05:47 PM
What's the big deal anyway? If someone slags your car off it can only either be true (whether you admit it or not) or not. In which case, so what if some one's slagging it off? It's only a material posession. Get over it.

We all make fun of something - whether it's the way someone looks, dresses or speaks. Or whether it's an item they own.

It's been like that since the dawn of time, and it'll stay that way.

Jim
08-10-02, 06:01 PM
Theres an obvious line between saying a persons car could do with some tweaking and then coming out and being down right rude and insulting a car that the person has worked long and hard on. We all like to think that we've done good jobs on our cars, but we all realise that not everyones going to like what we've done. Theres no need for people to be so blunt and say some of the things that have been said (have you checked out what people have said on some of the posts? - providing they've not been deleted).

This is suppose to be a community of enthusiasts that all share the same intrest...Modding Novas. If you don't like something that someone has done, simply write "I'm not keen on that modification" We're all entitled to our opinions, but try and be a bit more subtle.

Jim

carltoncrazy
08-10-02, 11:51 PM
cool marty im with you here.
we are expressing an opion.and end of the day its just a car,its gonna rot awa/get nick/crash burnt one day,yes it maybe sum1 pride n joy but i dont see why people r frothin at the month when a comment is made which they dont agree on,
im aware dan wil prolbey read this soon so il watch me mouth.
at the momenth im the most hated novaload member,coz of one post,about a p9ink 1.4 sr.
if we jus gonna suck up to every n say wow beuitful car etc, were all sheep.
one thing im gonna have a dig at ism,
i have had a warning for saying sum1 car was shit and was ova the top.which it is in my opion,which is shared by others,i get canned.
4 guys im muppet corner call my lass,slut ,cheap easy,tart etc.for a number of days,and it took wisewood to point out to admin this was going on.
sorry admin but if ya ban guys for posting there opions then ban people for slaggin of persons,wether a novaload member or not.

Jim
09-10-02, 09:17 AM
perhaps there expressing there opinions about your girlfriend Hayz :?

Either way, peoples opinions can be taken the wrong way and will no doubt upset someone.

Do we really want Novaload to be thought of as the place where cars get slated?

Jim

kevw
09-10-02, 10:14 AM
What a total croc of shit.

If you read the posts above properly you will notice that the message peeps are trying to get across is that if you want to say you dont like something on someones car, then say it in an appropriate way.

"Your car is a bag of shit, why is it even on a site like this"

Is that a nice way to say you dont like someones styling ideas? I think not...

and end of the day its just a car,its gonna rot awa/get nick/crash burnt one day,yes it maybe sum1 pride n joy but i dont see why people r frothin at the month when a comment is made which they dont agree on,

What are you even doing here if thats how you feel? This is a NOVA/CAR site!!!!!

im aware dan wil prolbey read this soon so il watch me mouth.

Good idea.

if we jus gonna suck up to every n say wow beuitful car etc, were all sheep.

Who said you have to do that?

4 guys im muppet corner call my lass,slut ,cheap easy,tart etc.for a number of days,and it took wisewood to point out to admin this was going on.
sorry admin but if ya ban guys for posting there opions then ban people for slaggin of persons,wether a novaload member or not.

Well, Im sorry about this mate, I didnt personally see the post and nobody (YOU!) told me there was a problem. I dont have eyes in the back of my monitor you know. Just a simple PM or email to let me or another admin know will help to get things sorted!

ohh believe me we do, we also do a lot of things that you cant see, and will never see. Running the site takes a lot of time and is a big commitment.
Some parts (like the forum and feature cars comments) are checked daily by admin troopers, but things are not always spotted, everyone has different browsing habits.
These are the parts of the site that make novaload a "community", so, to keep this community going it needs help from its members. That involves you lot letting us know if theres a problem...

Im going to make a "Report this post to admin" button that when pressed will report the post to all the admin!

Kev.

wisewood
09-10-02, 10:53 AM
Why Kev - I never you knew you were so manly... :D

lmfao...
no really... first time i have seen you go off on one like that...

to be fair though... he was not around to notice his girlfriend being slagged off as all the posts about that came quite quickly, it was just fortunate that i am online all the time, which is why i sent a PM to the first admin/moderator who i saw come online (Breeny). :wink:

kevw
09-10-02, 11:19 AM

Apparently it was going on for a number of days, I dont know how I figured that out. If it was so bad why didnt anyone let me know??

Andy I will give u a FREE sticker as you were the first to realise that a moderator should be informed.

wisewood
09-10-02, 11:59 AM
Kev - you do realise how stupid a novaload sticker would look on my clio don't you... lmfao!!! Of course i want one!!! lol...
Like i always say... "if it's free, it's for me."

The insults weren't going on for a number of days to my knowledge, they were being a bit unpleasant but nothing too bad... I was shutting them up by just putting them down in a polite and intelligent way, which i don't think they understodd to be honest... as soon as they started insulting people other than those involved in the long running arguement it was time for the post to be stopped... so i brought it to Breeny's attention...

The post lasted a good few days, but the insults didn't.
It was mostly - nova's are rubbish - no they're not - yes they are...

:D