PDA

View Full Version : HELP MK1 Dash to a MK2 dash

lewisbinney
04-10-02, 06:51 PM
i have a Hreg 1.2 merit, i have a mk1 dash in it and wanted to know if i can put a mk2 dash in? is it possible has anyone done it before? is it easy or hard give us a clue :?
please lewis

ignition16
04-10-02, 07:52 PM
i did this conversion to my mk1 nova.
you need to set at least 2 days for it well i did anyway. plus u need someone who is good at electrical wiring. other than that it is basicly a straight swap. u will also need the mk2 steering coloum sorround, bottom bit off mk2 heater materix, vent pipes, and a few other bits that a lot of ppl will be able to help you more with this on here.
im sure there are some guides on the net but cant think of the links off hand.
hope this helps

djp_y2k
05-10-02, 12:46 PM
it took me two days to do mine as well. mainly because the bloody steering wheel wouldnt come off.

As the guy above said, you will need all the heating pipes the top of the heater box that attaches to the centre air vents and vents for front window. The steering column surround you will also need. Also I think you may need the wires that connect to the heater controls. I know I did.

On the wiring side of things I had a haynes manual handy. Just make sure u mark up where all the wires came from, coz you will need to change all the plugs so they fit in the back of the new switches.

I found the job pretty easy. Best advice I can give is just go for it, and make sure you have enough time.

jon_boy
12-10-02, 12:34 PM
you can get every switch cept heater controls, outta the dash without unplugging the electrics. do it this way as wen u put ur new dash on u know what wires go where. then its just really simple colour coding. looks difficult, but i managed it in just over a day. just go for it, and try to remember roughly how the old one is connected to things. ie the heater controls by long metal arm etc. easy, guess things as u go along!

novax
15-10-02, 10:08 PM
Once the old one is out the new one goes in easy, use the removal to learn where everything goes. The fan control plug needs rewiring, use the Haynes manual to confirm the differences. When it gets this far it's too late.

http://vpcc-western.com/vaux-md/novax/strip9.jpg

'tis an easy if time consuming job.

novax
15-10-02, 10:10 PM
You'll also need later stalks and rewire the rear washer switch.