PDA

View Full Version : lowering problems help please!!!!

marc novataken
30-07-08, 01:05 PM
hi i got my car lowered 45 mm on 195/45/15 wheels an got really bad problems. have had my arches rolled but all 4 tires rub really badly, the front drivers side wheel keeps sliding out when im driving and dont know why. have checked arches seem to have plenty of clearance but as soon car moves it starts rubbing. i dont want standard suspension back on the car as it handles really badly. people are dropping their cars 80mm an havin no problems so was just wondering if anyone could help me?

Dod
30-07-08, 01:07 PM
Right, what wheels have you on your car? Where exactly are the wheels rubbing?

YOur best bet is to inspect the wheel arch with the Wheels off. Look for marks from where the wheel is rubbing and this'll help identify the problem.

marc novataken
30-07-08, 01:39 PM
got fox racing split spokes with 195/45/15 tires. the wheels are rubbing on the inside of the arches although they have been rolled already. we looked at where wheel was rubbing but its well up inside the arch. putting standard suspension on at min cos its undriveable like this. but standard suspension makes it feel like a boat round corners and front lifts right up when i accelerate

JonL
30-07-08, 01:52 PM
What offset are the wheels?

Dod
30-07-08, 01:54 PM
My next question....

brainsnova
30-07-08, 02:26 PM
im running on the same tires on a 60mm drop and the wheels are close to the correct offset so dont rub

marc novataken
30-07-08, 02:29 PM
dont know cant find it on the wheel. i think 42? all i know is the wheels and springs both came off the same nova with no problems at all. and i been looking i cant find any signs of where it is rubbing in the arches. before arches were rolled i could see where the rubbing was as it left a mark but cant see anything now.

marc novataken
30-07-08, 02:30 PM
i know ideal ofset is 49 so how much difference would 42 make?

Dod
30-07-08, 02:30 PM
Well if they genuinely caused no problems on the previous Nova then neither must be at fault.

marc novataken
30-07-08, 02:46 PM
thats what im thinkin. gonna try my m8s wheels he got same tires as me but close offset so i see if that helps

craig green
30-07-08, 04:21 PM
Thats why Vauxhall alloys are soi poular. They fit.

My guess is the FOX alloys are the wrong offset (we know they are) & too wide. Most 15"s are 7" wide, vauxhall 15"s are 6" wide.

Theres your issues. Also some tyres come out fatter than others of the same size. You lives & learns.