PDA

View Full Version : job ideas

Plunky
29-07-08, 11:29 PM
looking for a full time job...just left college so still awaiting my a level results. want to do something car related but something quite well paid. i currently work for travis perkins but the pay is absolutley disgraceful so am looking to hand in my notice for something that i will enjoy and get paid better for.
anyone got any ideas?

cheers

Liam

L14MNP
29-07-08, 11:30 PM
Valeter lol Nice name btw ;)

...Depends if you are willing to start an apprenticeship imo mate. if so then I'd say painter/smart repair maybe?

Plunky
29-07-08, 11:30 PM
is being a valeter well paid then?

L14MNP
29-07-08, 11:31 PM
Only if it's your business I guess mate. It sure isn't if you work for a company.

Plunky
29-07-08, 11:32 PM
any other ideas then?

Rexy
29-07-08, 11:44 PM
There isnt any real money to be made within the motor industry (mechanic, Bodywork etc) these days mate. Unless you have your own company or somthing like design of products etc

Just out of college you wont see mega money you have to work hard hard hard and strive for a good wage. Best bet is to get into a large company BMW, Porsche, Audi etc etc and get some qualifactions behind you.

BIGS
30-07-08, 12:04 AM
be a plumber

brainsnova
30-07-08, 12:21 AM
im a part time heating installer new boiler, radiators etc v good pay. Spray painter is a good job if you have primises to have your own bussiness or to do homers

L14MNP
30-07-08, 12:51 AM
be a plumber

:thumb: I start college in Sept. and work with my mate who is CORGI reg'd on occasion too. fun job, need to use your head a fair bit, get to destroy things and well paid. Ticks all the boxes, except fire and girls lol

Welsh Dan
30-07-08, 12:59 AM
Get a full time job working some kind of shift pattern ie mornings then afternoons or 4 on 4 off etc.. as your staple income. Then start your own trade on the side ie valeting, once you've got a customer base to work with start your own company, then once you've got enough regular trade to live off quit the other job.

Philsutton
30-07-08, 08:36 AM
Im with Rexy on this one, there is no money in the motor trade what so ever. TBH whats more important doing something you actually enjoy or working for 40 years doing something you hate but for more money, an then die.

Also if you do something car related you will no doubt be on about £80 a week for a few years an even then you wont be on massive money.

Stuart
30-07-08, 08:46 AM
who the hell Valets cars anymore?!??!?!?! aside from the illegals in carparks.

Its called Detailing now deary lol.

I dunno, I'm in the Motor Industry and I'm getting a fair whack of dosh, and there are pleanty of others making more than me lol. But agreed the Dealer to end user side of the industry is crap at the moment.

I half regret getting into the motor industry as it took my passion for cars away for a few years :( infact there is still an element of passion missing but its slowly coming back after playing about for the past month on track.

Top tip. If at all possible keep your hobbies and work SEPERATE otherwise you will soon stop enjoying your hobby even if you love your job.