PDA

View Full Version : c16xe

Rickyb
29-07-08, 10:16 PM
rite folks me and my mate have got (between us) a nova and a f**ked corsa gsi (but good engine) and we was thinking of combinding the 2 but the question is what sort of engine mods could we do to get some higher bhp say 200? i was thinking throttle boddies/ cams/ head work/ straight threw exhaust and filter. what sort of bhp do you people think that would be approx an would it be worth while thanx alot the big man + 1 friend. :thumb:

BIGS
29-07-08, 10:21 PM
you got lots of money then? your need it

Dod
30-07-08, 10:02 AM
200BHP is doable but ideally and the cheaper option is to buy a LET. Still expensive but cheaper in the long run. 150bhp is more achievable. Adam has a nicely spec'd C16XE pushing out 130bhp with a few mods but nothing major either. He's set the bench mark for mine actually.

Rickyb
30-07-08, 04:27 PM
its not a problem for money but imho 20xe's/lets has been done quite abit and there is quite alot of moding involved for the bigger engines thats why i thought of this plus its for nothing. oh and i dont reali want turbo power yet.

craig green
30-07-08, 05:04 PM
200 bhp is do able, but will be rather expensive on a 1600 & will cost LOTS (more than a LET, F28 box & shafts etc).

You also fail to understand TB's where you mention straight through exhaust & filter. The filters will be on/over the TB's.

www.sbdev.co.uk (http://www.sbdev.co.uk)