PDA

View Full Version : cam/ distributor

retrimmer-oz
29-07-08, 08:45 PM
i got given a 1.4 engine for my nova to replace my 1.2 and i did so at the weekend, everything is in apart from when i went to fit the distributor it wouldnt fit as there is a slot in the end of the 1.2 cam but not the new 1.4!just wondering is it just a case of getting a new dizzy then?

AlexW
29-07-08, 09:06 PM
What are you using a carb or spi or mpi? What parts from the 1.2 did you use.

retrimmer-oz
29-07-08, 09:44 PM
its carb mate as in what?i used inlet manifold etc?

Mike
29-07-08, 09:47 PM
Sounds like your trying to use a 1.2 slot drive dizzy on a 1.4 pin drive cam

retrimmer-oz
29-07-08, 09:51 PM
yeh i think your right there so i need 1.4 pin drive dizzy?

mikey14sr
29-07-08, 10:17 PM
yeh i think your right there so i need 1.4 pin drive dizzy?

Or a decent camshaft, as most have both drive types cut into them.

retrimmer-oz
29-07-08, 10:55 PM
like on my 1.2 cam then?

aaron88v
07-08-08, 10:53 PM
i got given a 1.4 engine for my nova to replace my 1.2 and i did so at the weekend, everything is in apart from when i went to fit the distributor it wouldnt fit as there is a slot in the end of the 1.2 cam but not the new 1.4!just wondering is it just a case of getting a new dizzy then?

Hi i have just done the same as you and realised the same problem... After searching for a dizzy to fit the pin cam to find out the wiring was different on most of them. So rather than spend money on this and that i changed the head and the cam over since i was doing the timing belt anyway.

I am Using Carburettor By the way.

I now have another Problem..

Car starts and drives ok but on idle cylinders 3 and 4 are not firing right. I have done the timing and also compression tested all cylinders. when the car is running over 3000rpm all cylinders fire ok. I am guessing that there is a problem with the distrubutor its self.

If so this would of been what caused me previous 1.2 engine to over heat

If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would be Very grateful.

Thanks Regards Aaron