PDA

View Full Version : Wasps Experts apply within!

Leeboo
29-07-08, 05:54 PM
OMG/WTF! Wasp experts please!!
I've never actually disgraced myself so badly until now. Ok, so on my way home from work today, everythings fine until I look in my rear view mirror a few hundred meters from the house and see this big dude in the back of the car!

Here's a pic, but its a lot bigger in real life. A good few times bigger than a normal wasp! Its in the car and I ain't getting back in until its gone/dead! Big massive sting on its a$$.

Does anybody know what species it is?

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd139/leeberto/SP_A1585.jpg

burgo
29-07-08, 05:55 PM
could be a hornet ?

large_steve182
29-07-08, 05:57 PM
im no help, ive just started looking about my room after seeing that wasp in your picture

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:02 PM
Yeah burgo some people have said that on another forum. But I've looked at pics of hornets on google and the colour pattern doesn't match and theres a big sting hanging from the a$$ of this one.

Adam
29-07-08, 06:08 PM
Hmmm
Open the boot, run, and let it out? lol

burgo
29-07-08, 06:09 PM
leeboo, as far as i know there patterns are not all the same

Andy
29-07-08, 06:11 PM
Wood wasps are big like that and are apparently harmless

Andy
29-07-08, 06:12 PM
.......or its a wasp on roids and that sting isnt a sting its the needle stuck in its ass lol lol lol

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:22 PM
Aye fookin hell. Lmfao Andy. Druggie wasp.

Well I can't see it now so its hiding somewhere. Even worse.

I'm not impressed! Some else said it might be a wood wasp too. The big pointer to put eggs into bark in a tree?

L14MNP
29-07-08, 06:23 PM
Get one of those awesome insect killers that are shaped like a tennis racket. Find them in the pound shop lol. I use mine all the time, if you can get it from underneath it sticks straight away and smokes like a good 'un :)

I'm guessing it's a FOM wasp btw.

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:25 PM
Cheers lad. But whats a FOM wasp?

NovaLad
Just open ya boot and let it fly out.

Not rocket science.

L14MNP
Fcuk Off Massive lol

From my big book of 'WTF is that?!'

Andy
29-07-08, 06:26 PM
Aye fookin hell. Lmfao Andy. Druggie wasp.

Well I can't see it now so its hiding somewhere. Even worse.

I'm not impressed! Some else said it might be a wood wasp too. The big pointer to put eggs into bark in a tree?
I dont know mate,but thats not good that its vanished lol just open your boot and stand away.

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:27 PM
Just open ya boot and let it fly out.

Not rocket science.

ORLY? It isn't in the boot anymore led.

Dar
29-07-08, 06:28 PM
Be thankful it wasn't that bad boy!
http://home.blarg.net/~wayule/graphics/wasp.jpg

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:28 PM
Yeah may just open all the doors etc and leave the car for a while.

Just thought I'd post it up incase it was rare or something.

Andy
29-07-08, 06:29 PM
Whats that one dar?

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:29 PM
Be thankful it wasn't that bad boy!
http://home.blarg.net/~wayule/graphics/wasp.jpg

Its actaully the same size as that. Just not as fat. Plus its got the big thing hanging from its ass.

NovaLad
29-07-08, 06:30 PM
ORLY? It isn't in the boot anymore led.

What's it not being in the boot got to do with anything?

If it's trapped in ya car and you open it then it will eventually fly out.

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:32 PM
Think thats probably a really big Hornet Andy! Nasty looking bugger! respect for letting it walk on your hand!

Novalad - I mean that its not flying about in the parcel shelf anymore, its hid under some clothes or the seats etc.

But yea will have to just open everything and watch to see if it flys out.

L14MNP
29-07-08, 06:33 PM
LOL. Novalad, read through some of your own ghey questions that you have posted, then ignored answers/suggestions or been unable to understand the simplest advice.
Shut your hatchback lad.

Andy
29-07-08, 06:35 PM
Think thats probably a really big Hornet Andy! Nasty looking bugger! respect for letting it walk on your hand!

Novalad - I mean that its not flying about in the parcel shelf anymore, its hid under some clothes or the seats etc.

But yea will have to just open everything and watch to see if it flys out.
Hey it didnt walk on my hand mate lol fcuk me you wouldnt catch me doing owt so daft lol lol Dar posted that mate.

NovaLad
29-07-08, 06:36 PM
LOL. Novalad, read through some of your own ghey questions that you have posted, then ignored answers/suggestions or been unable to understand the simplest advice.
Shut your hatchback lad.
Coming from a guy that did a thread about a broken plasma on a nova forum.

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:37 PM
Yeah I aimed that at Dar mate lol, Rezpekt Dar!

Try to ignore my dodgy post structures.

L14MNP
29-07-08, 06:43 PM
double post FFS lol

L14MNP
29-07-08, 06:43 PM
Coming from a guy that did a thread about a broken plasma on a nova forum.
lol Yeah, cos people on here have other interests/skills than can just be applied to Novas kid, unrelated sections have their uses.

Oh noes my steering wheel is knocking... Remember that post?

You won't win, and this isn't an argument. You can't go insinuating the guy is being stupid, by saying open your boot it isn't rocket science etc.

Doing ANYTHING on a 1200 Nova is far from that, however you seem to struggle to even understand the advice given, let alone act on it.

/Finished.

Spudly
29-07-08, 06:44 PM
Fcuk me mate id have left the door open/engine running/screamed like a bitch/run 19 miles away if id have seen that bad bwoy in the back of me car, get someone brave/stupid/macho to drive ya nov home and whip out the hoover with the long nozzle on it and wait till ya see him then give him some sucky sucky lol!

Dar
29-07-08, 06:48 PM
I think its either a Greater Horntail
http://www.david.element.ukgateway.net/peter&ericaclarkewebpages1_files/image002.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/debbie.allan1/images/urgig2.jpg

Or a Common Horntail (AKA Giant Woodwasp. Latin: Urocerus gigas)
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/964/35001188.JPG

Either way it's got to be a Horntail

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:51 PM
L14MNP - I choose just to ignore people like that, not worth the attention really.

I didn't ask how to get rid of the wasp.

SRspudly - Lmao, I seen the wasp in my mirror about 200 metres from my house so I turned down the music etc and coasted into the driveway, and then ran into the house like a mad man! I am a pussy when it comes to wasps nevermind this coont!

Andy
29-07-08, 06:51 PM
Evil things arent they,they just spend the summer gettin pis5ed and stinging people

Spudly
29-07-08, 06:52 PM
Either way its a scary lookin mofo and i keep havin to rub my neck arms and back to see if summats crawling on me.....

Looking like that its a wonder smack-heads arent feeding heroin to those guys and using em to shoot up lmao!

Leeboo
29-07-08, 06:55 PM
Lol Spudly. Yeah I keep imagining its on me, fook sake!

Yeah Andy I might try to have a word with him, he's got to see sense!

Dar, you sir, are a legend! Those last two look identical, could be any of the two. At least I know what it is now, so its not really rare or anything? Cheers.

NovaLad
29-07-08, 06:56 PM
lol Yeah, cos people on here have other interests/skills than can just be applied to Novas kid, unrelated sections have their uses.

Oh noes my steering wheel is knocking... Remember that post?

You won't win, and this isn't an argument. You can't go insinuating the guy is being stupid, by saying open your boot it isn't rocket science etc.

Doing ANYTHING on a 1200 Nova is far from that, however you seem to struggle to even understand the advice given, let alone act on it.

/Finished.
It's not finished at all just because you say it is and don't call me kid you c*nt!.

If my steering wheel is knocking what should i do when i know nothing about that kinda thing.

Oh let me just think shall i ask a photography forum? How about no.

You say i won't win then say this isn't an argument so WTF is all that about then.

I wasn't insulting the guy as such, what i said is a saying.

I havn't been brought up around cars e.g. fixing them etc... and when i got the nova i hadn't had to do anything mechanicly till after jan when it got on the road.

Yes i'm bound to get confused about advice on my car when i know nothing much about certain things.

You can't expect people to just know about something they own.

It's called learning about it and it helps sometimes to ask and it helps even more when people actually give advice and don't take the piss thinking it's funny that someone doesn't know something about their car.

/FINISHED. Come again. Thankyou.

PM me if you want to carry this on.

L14MNP
29-07-08, 06:59 PM
Chill boyo. Bold font! :eek:

I am Backing down as I don't want a visit from the big lad and his mate/uncle/brother/neighbour guy in the Shogun.

I won't bother PM'ing you, add me on MSN if you want a laugh. I will be on until 7:15 my friend.

Spudly
29-07-08, 07:05 PM
^^^^^^ Wow!!!!

Err googled it too and agree with dar it would seem to be a woodfly or woodwasp and is sposed to be harmless/non-stinger but im not saying its definately safe as knowing my luck you will open the door feeling all confident only to be dragged off into the woods and raped by this bad mofo lol.
Best of luck disposing of him tho, you might try the sheepish "excuse me pls mr big bada$$ but would you mind vacating my vehicle thankyou sir!" lol

Dar
29-07-08, 07:16 PM
knowing my luck you will open the door feeling all confident only to be dragged off into the woods and raped by this bad mofo lol.

lol

Just give the wasp the V5 and let him have the car:thumb:

Alex.
29-07-08, 07:18 PM
PM me if you want to carry this on.

Rofl.

That is a nasty bug. I hate bugs!! Why do we need so many bugs?! Grr... :(

wisewood
29-07-08, 07:20 PM
if in doubt. molitov cocktail FTW. buy a new car.

Leeboo
29-07-08, 07:51 PM
I wasn't insulting the guy as such, what i said is a saying.

Don't worry 'Lad', I don't feel insulted. The opinion of a random keyboard warrior doesn't worry me really.

P.s. don't assume that other people are more stupid than you are.

Cheers for the replies dudes. Now that I know what species it is, the fcuker won't get out of the car! Opened all doors, lifted out all my crap, started the car, open/closed the doors a few times and he's having none of it! Ah I'll try again later. I have to see it coming out lol.

wisewood
29-07-08, 08:06 PM
hair spray. spray it, it'll go sticky, wont be able to move, you can ten flick it out - throw water on it to rinse. it'll dry out and probably be ok to move into someone elses car tomorrow :-p

Leeboo
29-07-08, 08:08 PM
Cheers for the advice wisewood! I have to find it first! I hate not knowing where it is!

But I will get some hairspray at the ready. P.s. I don't use hairspray. :wtf:

wisewood
29-07-08, 08:09 PM
its a method that definately works with wasps. i have tried it. they look a bit pissed off at first but they get so stuck that they cant move enough to launch a full on attack at your face :-D

Spudly
29-07-08, 08:28 PM
its a method that definately works with wasps. i have tried it. they look a bit pissed off at first but they get so stuck that they cant move enough to launch a full on attack at your face :-D

Im gonna make sure ive got hairspray with me at all times throughout summer from now on lol

*EDIT* Spoon some jam onto something suitable, kitchen roll small plate or suchlike and place strategically next to vehicle with door open and the sweet smell should/might tempt him out, just slam door and run away while he get high on sugar and flies off to terrorise some other poor cnut!

Leeboo
29-07-08, 08:59 PM
Well with me being the saddo that I am, he's now in a jar :) .

Eventually found him trapped under a can in the boot and just went mad with the hairspray ;) wisewood.

Thanks to everyone who contributed! I am on a little buzz lol now that I've got him.

Dar
29-07-08, 10:19 PM
What are you going to call him?

I vote for Jasper.

burgo
29-07-08, 10:23 PM
What are you going to call him?

I vote for Jasper.after the dead dog?

Panman
29-07-08, 10:29 PM
Get one of those awesome insect killers that are shaped like a tennis racket. Find them in the pound shop lol. I use mine all the time, if you can get it from underneath it sticks straight away and smokes like a good 'un :)

You will need one powered by the local power grid to kill that thing, Jesus.

Leeboo
29-07-08, 10:52 PM
I've decided to call him '****'.

MK999
30-07-08, 12:25 AM
if in doubt. molitov cocktail FTW. buy a new car.

Does "accidently torched car while killing large fcuk off wasp thing" come under fire or accident claim on insurance? lol

large_steve182
30-07-08, 12:30 AM
i bought a tape of wasps in the wild. after a while i thought they dont sound like wasps. turns out i had it on the B side

NovaLad
30-07-08, 02:21 AM
i bought a tape of wasps in the wild. after a while i thought they dont sound like wasps. turns out i had it on the B side
Get your coat >> lol

large_steve182
30-07-08, 05:22 AM
oh its all ready on

Lauren
30-07-08, 07:29 AM
Hahaha this thread did make me laugh. The other half is terrified of wasps, and it is kinda funny watching a 6 ft 1, 21 stone man run away like a girl when he sees one. lol

1.6 8v turbo nova
30-07-08, 07:49 AM
Eek, thats one big ass wasp. I hate them too!, more of a reason to splat 'em when i see 'um lol

Philsutton
30-07-08, 08:41 AM

I'm guessing it's a FOM wasp btw.

OMG those things are a amazing, I cant help but hold the button until they almost set on fire.

Lauren
30-07-08, 09:02 AM
OMG those things are a amazing, I cant help but hold the button until they almost set on fire.

lol
I didn't think you could get them any more because people kept electrocuting each other? lol

Dod
30-07-08, 09:53 AM
Dont think that is a wasp. anyway. just get some masking tape, stick it to the wasp and set fire to it. Easy.

Panman
30-07-08, 12:02 PM
lol
I didn't think you could get them any more because people kept electrocuting each other? lol
Exactly what my boy did to me, he thought it was hilarious. I probably would have laughed but it was on my ear.

Matt2107
30-07-08, 01:41 PM
Hornets are bigger?

Much bigger.

Tilly
30-07-08, 01:52 PM
iwas intregued so looked into i believe it to be this
Horntail or Wood Wasp - Urocerus gigasDescription. Female 40-60 mm long, body colour black and yellow. Male slightly smaller and lacking the ovipositor or 'tail' of the female, and also the black band on the abdomen.
Biology. Mainly in and around coniferous woodland. The female uses her stout ovipositor to drill into pines and other conifers (usually selecting unhealthy trees) in order to lay her eggs. The legless larvae or grubs spend their time tunnelling and feeding in the timber. Larval development may take several years and larvae can survive even after trees have been felled and cut to make floorboards and rafters. Adults emerging from cut timber sometimes cause great alarm when they appear in or around new houses and other buildings. The 'tail' of the female is often mistaken for a sting, but the insects cannot sting and are quite harmless

wisewood
30-07-08, 01:54 PM
OMG after years of being bugged by the male members of the site, Tilly is now a bug expert!

Dod
30-07-08, 01:55 PM
Wow, that was just aweful WW. Go and stand in the corner.

Tilly
30-07-08, 01:56 PM
Thats cause i sting like one, so dont push me too it

wisewood
30-07-08, 02:02 PM
Dod that was brilliant. Cheese straight from the top drawer. Fact!!

Tilly, i wouldnt ever push you into anything you didnt want.

ade
30-07-08, 10:36 PM
That aint no wasp - its one of them bio droids developed by the CIA!

Was originally developed by the CIA and used for covert stuff like delivering napalm on the Vietcon!

The British nicked the techniology and turned it into one the new DVLA car number plate scanners so they could suck more money from us!

They stick them in/on/to older cars so they can scan the plates of the cars behind you!

That's what I found out on the misinformation super layby.

:tard::eek::D

large_steve182
31-07-08, 12:00 AM
look what i found in my car

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r434/large_steve182/wasp1.jpg

ade
31-07-08, 12:05 AM
sh1te thats the deadly brown striped slimey bee!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Leeboo
31-07-08, 12:32 AM
Lmfao