PDA

View Full Version : cruising

carltoncrazy
04-10-02, 04:06 PM
after jims post,
i think this derserve a new post,
so what happening with cruising
please post comment but dont go on and on(like i do :oops: ).
and also vote.

?Marty?
04-10-02, 04:37 PM
Can't answer this post unless all those that do have attended the exact same cruises. Otherwise the opinions expressed will not be about 'cruising' in general, but just the cruises we have experienced seperately as individuals by attending, and opinions formed based on other sources. For example, cruise reports (write-ups, pictures and experiences of those who attended) in modified car magazines and etc.

Peoples views on this will depend on what cruises they attend, which will form their opinions about the matter.

It will also depend on what they 'get out of it', as this will differ too.

However i personally can't relate to those that enjoy cruises, as i have not enjoyed any in the past and this has dissuaded me from attending any more in the future. Also from the cruise reports that i have read, i have formed more negative opinions than positive ones about cruising. Although this may simple be because of the manner in which they were reported, and not necessarily be a good representation of the cruise, but instead constructed to represent the views of those who published the piece.

(not too long, is it?)

ade
04-10-02, 05:01 PM
I agree with Marty.

Now adays its not the cruising thats the problem its the knob heads that turn up and ruin it for everyone else trying to race people.

1/2 the fun used to be just turning up in a car park and chatting away having a laugh - nowadays in some parts of the country you only have to be driving the same car as the one in front with mods and you'll get pulled for cruising/convoy forming!

Its dead if you ask me (but not just for muppets - some cruises a prob still v good)

Some will disagree - I personally wqould rather show my car (and future projects) at big shows like traxx - got a huge kick out of that - excellent day!

Ade

mix n match
04-10-02, 09:21 PM
not been to many cruises but the ones that i have been to were ok, not briliant but not terrible either.
I aint keen about the burnouts and sh*t especially if they are near my car becayse at the 1st cruise i went to i was in my car and was surrounded by a big group of drunken kids who started rocking the car wanting me to do a burnout (cant get the fookin dents out of the doors)

I dont think i will be going to a cruise till November anyway (cant be bothered) :turn-l:

Breeny
04-10-02, 10:02 PM
Wheres the option for dying? Its not dead completely. Its up to genuine cruisers to sort it out, and stop bloody moaning about it. Check out some of the more popular cruise sites and you will see there is still plenty of life in it :evil:

You also have to remember not everyone can afford to spend ?000's on there car's, so of course every car at a bloody cruise isnt gonna be a top notch car.

I still believe the police should be involved with cruising, they should be there to kick out all the little twats who hold onto cars to make them burnout and all that bollocks, they need removing from the scene altogether.

Dan
04-10-02, 10:07 PM
Cruising has died on its arse. I used to go cruising just after i passed my test and was fine, meet up and have a laugh with complete strangers, poss share abit of knowledge etc etc. lasted a few years like that when it was more underground about who what when. the last 5 yrs or so has ruined it, the mags glorified the worst points and made them what they are today and the internet hasnt helped much either.
The attitude at most today is the more u spend the better u are where as peeps used to look at some cars and respected the owner had prob managed with what he could afford and commended them just as much as if they spent ???????????????
Overall if u cruised between '93 and '97/'98 you would of seen the best parts of cruising, if more recent then those types have been a rarity as most are just shite now and just media hype!!

?Marty?
05-10-02, 01:54 AM
Even if some cars were standard, it's not a problem as long as they're interested in the scene. But generally the standard/hardly modified cars are the ones belonging to the knob heads.

Legal events are probably going to be better, since you have to pay to get in (don't you?) and the knob heads won't want to pay money to get in.

Also, the only other decent option i can think of is Performance Car Group 'meets', rather than 'cruises'. Since they are probably one and the same thing, but only the members would get to hear about them. Still, i guess it wouldn't stop nob-heads turning up. Plus the numbers of attendees wouldn't be as high, so it may detract from the whole atmosphere, and there'd be a smaller/less varied selection of cars to look at (good or bad?).

Ian
05-10-02, 04:52 AM
lol @ all the southerners, they suck up to the police then get bent over and fcuked.

its not always the polices fault a lot of it lies in being glamourised by magazines with burnouts etc, cruises are full of kids walking round drinking cans of ale.

djp_y2k
05-10-02, 01:05 PM
I agree with wot marty says.

I however think cruising now has changed for the worst.

The cruise as we knew it has died (meeting up with other enthusiast and having a chat and drive. Basically just chillin and havin a good time).

Now all "illegal" cruises are full of knob jockies who find it funny to drive like complete arses. It can be fun to watch sometimes, but not if it kills the original idea of cruising.

The police ruin the cruises, but that is only because it is the dicks that have given us the bad name in the first place.

The new generation of "legal" cruises is a good way to get us a good name again, but just dont have the same atmosphere, as it is basically a show and not a cruise.

Either way I see the dicks who drives like arses and police as all on the same level. LOWER than scum

The police wont change there ways coz thay know its a good money making scheme.

And the jackases wont stop driving like nobs as they think that every1 loves two see it.

Soz about it been long, plus you may not agree with wot I said.

?Marty?
07-10-02, 01:12 AM
Legal cruises are like asking for permission and then paying to go see your mates.

bob
12-10-02, 06:56 PM
down my end about 18 cars turn up at our spot every fri/sat/sun sometimes alot more,sometimes less,we all get along fine,theres just a few scummers who wreck the location we choose,like diggin up halfords block paving,or leaving litter everywhere etc- you cant get rid of the tw@s very easily.we have been moved on 3 times now, and everywheres putting up barriers,its getting annoying now- proper organised cruises Ive bin to have been good.Wish I could go to more though. The police ARE tw@s too,they build up their annual statistics of convictions on us,just cos we are easy targets

Pistol Pete
15-10-02, 04:36 PM
:evil: yes, cruising is dead but at the same time it isnt (?) illegal cruises just get broken up or drivers get there cars taken off them (wot the f**k!) or you get bellends turning up in stolen motors which attracts the fuzzy muff. in my eyes legal cruises r the way forward. yes you may have to pay to get in but i reckon its worth it. you can tip up in convoy in front of the old bill without being split up, then get into the cruise and have a laugh. you can still have an illegal cruise but you run the risk of coming up against PC Plod. things like Mean Street, Weston Wheels (which this year was better!) may save us. or will they?! replies on a postcard 2 the usual address!!!!!!!!!!!! :?

Nova-Flair
15-10-02, 05:08 PM
I used to enjoy it but not as much anymore because of the nob heads who come to race, do burnouts e.t.c give the rest of us a bad name and unfortunately the police stereotype us and now its usually producers all round and getting hassled for silly faults on our motors