PDA

View Full Version : have i done the right thing? end of the novas and time for the new car...

L33 LEG
29-07-08, 01:59 AM

burgo
29-07-08, 03:06 AM
love the daily driver but ive never liked mrpoo's

staggy_gsi
29-07-08, 09:36 AM
i think you'll live to regret it and get another nova lol

im with burgo, the beemer looks ace but not keen on mr2's at all

1.6 8v turbo nova
29-07-08, 09:43 AM
Hmm i dont usually like mr2's, but that black one looks the dogs nuts. :thumb:

my mum actually has one, the 2 litre gti-iiiiiiiii bla bla one.. non-turbo and thats alot of fun for backend action in wet :D so i imagine that one will be a whole lot more fun!

enjoy and if your unhappy buy another lol

thedjse
29-07-08, 09:53 AM
As i like your mr2 and your beemer but i loved your novas mate i think you will end up getting another lol

AlexW
29-07-08, 10:08 AM
Everyone changes, but youve gone and brought a mr2, :D not bad cars imo just dont copy my dad and crash it.

white2lSR
29-07-08, 10:08 AM
i didnt like the MR2 till i drove one, fantastic car.

Good choice :thumb:

Martin
29-07-08, 10:40 AM
lol thats the mistake i made, sold my mint gret nova, and see it nearly every day and i still feel liek crying, a year later lol

L33 LEG
29-07-08, 10:48 AM
im sure one day i will have another one, il probs buy my old one back if it hasnt been crashed by then lol

however tho, iv loved mr2s since i was 18. i think they have the best interiors out of any car, the driving position is perfect. the only problem is i cant get insured on it Lol, going to have to wait till im 23 in september :( its fine tho cos iv got a lot to do to it before i want it on the road.

martin, i know how u feel lol :(

Rexy
29-07-08, 11:34 AM
No doubt you will buy another nova at some point, They usually get the better of you and the want for one will come threw.

The MR2 could be a good play toy seeing as you got it uber cheap I would imagine about £500 lol then all is good, Just a shame they are not quick Unless its a Tub???

as for the BMW, Excellent as a daily driver as they are comfy etc but bloody expensive to run then again you seem to have lots of spare pennys so its all good in the hood.

raymond
29-07-08, 12:13 PM
you will regret it mate trust me i always revert back to a nova after having another car lol

who has bought them both anyone i know mate

L33 LEG
29-07-08, 12:46 PM
rexy, it is a turbo mate. and no, was more than £500 but still an absolute bargain considering they go for around 3k...

damo, ye both of them have gone to clitheroe. you dont know the owners but ul no doubt see my black one. hes going down pod aswell this weekend. hes driving like an absolute nutter but to be fair, the car was made to be thrashed so its all good. and considering its only a standard 1.6 8v its bloody quick, and everyone in clitheroe is talking about it. just a shame its not mine tho now :( the white one wont be on the road for a while, it might even get re-shelled. iv no idea why the guy bought it tbh, but for £450 without the wheels, no tax and mot, and hes the guy who knows how rotten the shell is. im not complaining lol

calibra-keith
29-07-08, 02:10 PM
you just know you will get another nova its in your blood lol

L33 LEG
29-07-08, 03:00 PM
true lol

iv just rang my insurance and the mr2 is now insured, for nearly the same price as the bmw! iv no idea how they worked that out but im not complaining. however, iv only got the left part of the v5. the bit where uv got to fill in the new owner. is this enough to tax the car or do i need the green v5c slip or whatever its called?

raymond
29-07-08, 03:05 PM
you can tax it with just that bit mate or you use to be able too

L33 LEG
29-07-08, 03:13 PM
thats ok then :) iv just got to wait till my certificate comes now. suppose it gives me sometime now to take the stickers off and swap the wheels around :)

ps. are dumpvalves chavy? cos mines rather loud and i doubt il ever get bored of it lol

paul james
29-07-08, 03:20 PM
Fake dump valves are chavvy

GTE999
29-07-08, 05:18 PM
Mate, ive had 2 mr2 turbos over the years and thought they were great cars. The ones i had were very reliable even with the engine work and mods i done. The only down side is that they can be expensive to mod. I bought all the blitz exhaust/dump valve and sus filter and it set me back almost £1500. Quality products though. They also eat rear tyres, even at normal driving. Putting this aside i think youll enjoy it. Take it to a track day and then you'll really appreciate the weight/handling and performance.

Have fun mate.

andybishop
29-07-08, 06:32 PM
Get yourself subscribed to our magazine!! www.mr2only.com (http://www.mr2only.com) ;)

sport
29-07-08, 09:38 PM
If you need to ask you will probaly regret it, already dout in your mind. Ive had my current one 7years and still regret selling ones previous to that.

Ash
29-07-08, 10:27 PM
please don't try drifting in it!

'possed to be very nice handling cars, as said mods are expensive, but I think theres a reason for that.... ;)

Oh and you will be buying a nova in about 3-4 months :) lol

L33 LEG
29-07-08, 11:42 PM
i reckon il last longer than 4 months, iv got other cars to buy before that.

im sure il have great fun tho, hope i do cos thats exactly why iv bought it!

took the stickers off this afternoon :o

TIDGE
29-07-08, 11:43 PM
took the stickers off this afternoon :o
nice one i hate shopping lists on the side of peoples cars

L33 LEG
29-07-08, 11:51 PM
ye it looked very tacky, 2moro im going to give it another polish and tinker with it a bit. and also swap the wheels around and hopefully il have it taxed within a few days :)

Aamir
30-07-08, 12:56 PM
On selling the nova.....

We all have to grow up & move on one day :thumb:

L33 LEG
30-07-08, 01:35 PM
thats what i thought, if i didnt sell now id probably of kept it and when im 65 id be still driving them lol

Matt2107
30-07-08, 01:43 PM
Definately done the right thing.

There's life after Novas and normally the grass is so much greener on the other side... especially if it looks like a paddy field.

Jack
30-07-08, 05:51 PM
Definitely the right choice. Why did you even have to ask?!?!

I was in the same boat about 5 years ago (christ, its been that long) - sold both my novas, really regretted it until I bought the GT4. Funking ace :D Buying another nova was a daft decision lol

Only downer of the MR2 is they didn't use the rev3 3S-GTE, although I'm sure some had the n/a beams engine in...

Huffy
30-07-08, 07:16 PM
I sold my old nova and i thought i was doing the right thing :confused: Because my G.F and perents said i had to grow up. i got a 1.6 corsa sport but now ive gave that to my G.f and bought another NOVA i dont care what any one else saids as long as im happy:thumb:

Rickyb
30-07-08, 07:21 PM
nooooooo i told you months ago that you wanted to sell 1 to me and now uve sold them t**t.

lol oj mate looks good.

Dar
30-07-08, 07:24 PM
Yup done the right thing :thumb:
Nice cars.

L33 LEG
30-07-08, 11:22 PM
i know iv done the right thing, but im sure therel be times when i miss the nova scene. all will change friday tho when im driving the mr2 lol

big man - sorry Lol, it was a very rushed decision, i saw the mr2, told the guy i wanted it and within days i had sold everything and got the money :)

Aamir
31-07-08, 10:55 AM
and bought another NOVA i dont care what any one else saids as long as im happy:thumb:

That's good too, as long as you don't look too old then it's acceptable.

L33 LEG
31-07-08, 12:21 PM
that was the problem with me, most of the time i look 17 (im 22), so when i found it embarrasing driving the nova. i just looked like some chav kid enjoying his first car or something lol

driving the mr2 tonight, iv just given it its third polish of the week Lol, hope it doesnt rain now.