PDA

View Full Version : SRi Fuel Gauge

Manta Mad
04-10-02, 01:15 PM
I recently got a set of SRi clocks to replace the standard central speedo affair.

All worked well for a while until the fuel gauge suddenly went from about 1/4 of a tank right up way way past the full marker. This stayed for a while until I had to brake suddenly and it went back to the right position.

I have filled up the tank and its now doing the same again. Any Ideas :?:

Dicko
05-10-02, 10:24 AM
either there is a loose conection in the back of the dials which is more than likely as this is what u swoped, or the conection on the sender unit is loose.

other option is that sender unit needs replacing!!

ollster
05-10-02, 12:14 PM
mine did all the time untill i lowered it, and since then its been fine :?: :?: , hows that work :!: . Anyway things like this are what i would like to call 'Nova Quirks', they go along with such things as turining the hazard switch upside down, and that rattle you get every time you shut the door when the window is down. Seriously though it could either be a dodgy gauge, a dodgy fuel guage sender, or an earth problem caused by a cut in the wire from the sender.

Manta Mad
05-10-02, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I will have a look at the connections at the back of the dash - did have a bit of bother when I fitted it with the plug being a bit loose - will also plug the old dials back in to see if I get same reading - that way I can see if its the sender.

Yes I get the window rattle to - as you say just one of these Nova things :D

Manta Mad
05-10-02, 08:00 PM
Well I refitted the old dials and the gauge gave the correct reading so the sender must be fine. I removed the 'new' gauge from its mounting and had a look at the circuit board mounted at the back, there are a couple of adjustable screw head things on it so I turned them down a bit and so far all is working OK.

Will see what happens as tank starts to empty. Hopefully it will continue to read correctly.