PDA

View Full Version : is it me or are novas not seling

lee 16v
27-07-08, 10:12 AM
is it me or are novas not sell well at the mo.
or is my nova over priced or is it not how people like them now days.
was looking on e bay and none seem to be getting good money like they did about 2-3 months ago.

or should i fit a big body kit and paint it orange lol

Mike
27-07-08, 10:36 AM
Not many cars are selling well at the mo!!

Ive been trying to shift a Honda Civic V-Tec and its not going anywhere!!

Saloony
27-07-08, 10:48 AM
Everythings quiet mate, you could put it at 10p and it'll still be too dear at the mo.

Mike
27-07-08, 10:50 AM
^ so true!! The @rse is about to fall out this country and know ones got the money to cope when it does!

Lee
27-07-08, 11:11 AM
Its great for people like me who are living on a sh1te car every 2 to 3 months though lol

lee 16v
27-07-08, 11:11 AM
it would be when i have 3 cars, need to sell two of them. was half thinking of selling all 3 and getting a derv.
looks like plan 2 might come in and have 2 cars lol

Mike
27-07-08, 11:12 AM
Its great for people like me who are living on a sh1te car every 2 to 3 months though lol

Aye, i do that :D im slowly ridding the UK of ****e cars and selling random parts off them along the way lol

Jack
27-07-08, 11:15 AM
They're shifting on ebay quite happily. The only ones that haven't sold are those which appear to have a daft reserve.

Plus, there's that £7k white GSi which is halfway to making its reserve. So clearly some idiots are willing to pay big money for not a lot of car.

jimbob-mcgrew
27-07-08, 11:20 AM
tried selling mine several weeks back, came down from £350 to £250, a bit of interest from a few people, but timewasters mainly, wasnt prepared to drop it any lower, so kept it in the end. have noticed the same thing with a few recently.. people dont seem to want to spend anything if it isnt a mint shell.

Rexy
27-07-08, 11:25 AM
i personally wouldnt entertain any nova which is a dog to be honest, absolulty no point and it makes your life harder when you come to respray it.

Jack
27-07-08, 11:29 AM
I would, if it had long T&T. Then scrap it when the MOT is out.

I've had a financial reprive for the moment, so will probably break the saloon next year when the MOT is up, as with no ticket it won't sell.

L33 LEG
27-07-08, 11:33 AM
im hoping to get rid of mine this week, so this isnt the best of news :(

s14a
27-07-08, 11:36 AM
nice 1s for resonable money are...

just look at the interest in raymonds car

Jack
27-07-08, 11:39 AM
Interest is one thing, people actually coming up with the cash is another.

L33 LEG
27-07-08, 11:45 AM
on another note, have you seen prices on pistonheads lately? the average nova is around 3k :| for 1500 you get some right ****ters, and XEs are going way over the 2k mark! im not surprised some arnt selling

s14a
27-07-08, 11:56 AM
iv have cash here for a nice nova and there are no nice 1s around for sale, any that come up for sale at right money theres a rush over...

every chav thinks his nova is worth a fortune now cause they see the prices minter go for..

Lee
27-07-08, 12:09 PM
Its nearly getting to the point where building a cheap XE nova could be profitable if done with the right bits and a bit of subtle bodgery lol

lee 16v
27-07-08, 12:09 PM
They're shifting on ebay quite happily. The only ones that haven't sold are those which appear to have a daft reserve.

Plus, there's that £7k white GSi which is halfway to making its reserve. So clearly some idiots are willing to pay big money for not a lot of car.

mine has only made £1650 (has 2 days left though) got ot be worth more than that

Andy
27-07-08, 12:30 PM
Its nearly getting to the point where building a cheap XE nova could be profitable if done with the right bits and a bit of subtle bodgery lol
I have to agree there,thing is they are fast becoming thin on the ground in any sort of condition,good ones are very rare now,and im sure we all know of at least 5 that have gone to crusher in past year,i myself know of 7 in the last 12 months between me and people i know.

Philsutton
27-07-08, 12:32 PM
Thing is though while your avergae car is going down in price an you can get a bargin the fact that scrap has gone crazy means you cant get those cheap £100 nails to run around as they scrap yards just buy them instead. So the price of real cheap cars has gone up.

Andy
27-07-08, 12:39 PM
Yep long gone are the days of £50 cars with a weeks tax and mot on them.Also because of ebay everything gets stripped and sold in bits now

Jack
27-07-08, 01:38 PM
Saloon for sale lol

L33 LEG
27-07-08, 04:04 PM
well i sold mine today, only been advertised for 2 days. however, everyone round here knows that i wouldnt sell it local as i hate seeing my old cars. the guys who came to view the car tricked me and his mate was actually the guy who i bought the shell off :( oh well, im sure il cheer up when i pick up the mr2 turbo 2moro Lol.

novacabrio
27-07-08, 04:31 PM
I sold my Sport the same day I advertised it, could of sold it 3 or 4 times at the asking price

SRimon
27-07-08, 07:46 PM
Ive had mine up on an interest check, but no enquiries at all. Don't really wanna have to sell. Mine is mint as well, no ****, like some "mint" Nova's.

Rick Draper
27-07-08, 08:32 PM
I am breaking my car and tbh not having any issues getting good cash for parts that are worth the cost of a average nova.

Mike
27-07-08, 08:41 PM
TBH the price of scrap is now going down, quite a lot too!

Although ive just picked up a £2k Corsa for £200 mind.

Jack
27-07-08, 10:11 PM
Parts are different IMO, always easier to sell parts than a complete car.

I sold my Sport the same day I advertised it, could of sold it 3 or 4 times at the asking price
Thats a sport though, not every day one comes up for sale, let alone one in such good condition as your old one.

Dod
28-07-08, 10:29 AM
They're making big money over here although I've seen a few real good ones that should have sold by now and havent. Its not for the price because less has fetched more. Recession or not, I wont be selling any of mine until the times right, in fact I'm going to carry on buying them and Cavaliers until I run out of space or money.

craig green
28-07-08, 11:47 AM
The whole car sales trade is dead at the mo. People are scared by the recession & generally holding onto their funds.

The main people buying cars I would guess is either highly paid executive types that wont fell the recession in the slightest (new BMW please) or kids still living at home (relatively) rent free & not feeling the pinch of rising bills etc.

Dod
28-07-08, 11:55 AM
Luckily, i fall into neither catogary.

But I have a plan if all goes belly up. My debt is relitavely small and should be easy to clear if needs must.

lee 16v
28-07-08, 11:21 PM
:cry: my nova has met its resrve, i know this dont really mean anything on e bay, but if it goes it will be a sad day, was half hoping it wouldnt sell:cry:
what you do for women huh:confused:

ade
28-07-08, 11:33 PM
the recessions a pile of horse sh1te. I'm trying to sell my house at the moneht ant its murder! 6 months ago the exact same house as ours on the second phase in our area sold in 6 weeks for £150k over the original purchase price! We've been told that the "holiday" season means no ones buying at the mo although the housing market is not as bad in Scotland as down South it's still a pain!

At least fuel prices are coming down...local BPO garage dropped to 111p a ltr...from 118!