PDA

View Full Version : Blew off my sump bolt

chimp007_uk
26-07-08, 10:56 AM
I went with some guys from yesterday afternoon to Addrenallin Alley in Corby to play on our bmx's. On the waythe car started to splutter and die, it wasn't til i looked int he rear view mirror to see the dual carriage-way disappearing in a cloud of oil smoke...:eek:

Pulled over, checked oil and water both fine... Put it down to high oil pressure, so disconnected the crankcase breather and car was fine. Got to Corby, and there was oil every where, so reconnected the oil hose and drove home to St. Albans. Car was fine... :thumb:

Went out last night and heard something fall off the car, pulled over in a bus stop to find that the sump bolt had blown off and sprayed oil everywhere all over the road... :eek: :cry: :mad: Thecar is no covered in a film of oil.

Rang Paul (Coupe_UK) who came to the rescue once again (second time in a week...) and towed me home. He's kindly lent me the use of his XE Nova so i can get about today and sort mine. :thumb: :D :p (Top Bloke...)
Ment to be looking at some cars today and tomorrow and need tog et back to Coventry Sunday night...

Obviously an XE sump is going to be hard tog et hold off at a breakers, so will Ecotec ones fit?!? And Will the Ecotec fuel hoses fit as well, as i still have the worlds smallest fuel leak...

Cheers All!!!!!!!!

Chris :thumb:

Welsh Dan
26-07-08, 01:05 PM
A friend of mine bought an X20XEV sump from a motor factors, so I'd expect you to be able to get hold of XE ones.

Paul
26-07-08, 01:16 PM
why dont you just buy a new sump bolt?

Rick Draper
26-07-08, 01:43 PM
And i dont really think the sump bolt blew off, more like it fell off.

chimp007_uk
26-07-08, 03:19 PM
just looked and there is swarf from the threads, but i think a new one will go in.

Would a motor factors stock a sump bolt or is it a vaux job as parts are now shut :(

Paul
26-07-08, 03:26 PM
yeh motor factors should stock them

Adam
26-07-08, 06:18 PM
Probably cross threaded or something?
If it had vibrated loose you wouldn't have swarf around the sump thread...?